- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 265171, 5 pages
Relationship between Pulsatility Index and Clinical Course of Acute Ischemic Stroke after Thrombolytic Treatment
Department of Neurology and Department of Cerebrovascular Disease and Stroke Unit, Faculty of Medicine,
Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Meselik, 26480 Eskisehir, Turkey
Received 21 April 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: J. Mocco
Copyright © 2013 Nevzat Uzuner et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Hacke, M. Kaste, E. Bluhmki et al., “Thrombolysis with alteplase 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic stroke,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 359, no. 13, pp. 1317–1329, 2008.
- A. M. Demchuk, I. Christou, T. H. Wein et al., “Specific transcranial Doppler flow findings related to the presence and site of arterial occlusion,” Stroke, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 140–146, 2000.
- J. Allendoerfer, M. Goertler, and G.-M. von Reutern, “Prognostic relevance of ultra-early doppler sonography in acute ischaemic stroke: a prospective multicentre study,” Lancet Neurology, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 835–840, 2006.
- N. Wahlgren, N. Ahmed, A. Dávalos et al., “Thrombolysis with alteplase for acute ischaemic stroke in the Safe Implementation of Thrombolysis in Stroke-Monitoring Study (SITS-MOST): an observational study,” Lancet, vol. 369, no. 9558, pp. 275–282, 2007.
- H. P. Adams Jr., B. H. Bendixen, L. J. Kappelle et al., “Classification of subtype of acute ischemic stroke: definitions for use in a multicenter clinical trial,” Stroke, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 1993.
- R. G. Gosling and D. H. King, “Arterial assessment by Doppler shift ultrasound,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Medicine, vol. 67, no. 6, pp. 447–449, 1974.
- C. Baracchini, R. Manara, M. Ermani, and G. Meneghetti, “The quest for early predictors of stroke evolution: can TCD be a guiding light?” Stroke, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 2942–2947, 2000.
- B. MacHumpurath, S. M. Davis, and B. Yan, “Rapid neurological recovery after intravenous tissue plasminogen activator in stroke: prognostic factors and outcome,” Cerebrovascular Diseases, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 278–280, 2011.
- A. M. Demchuk, W. S. Burgin, I. Christou et al., “Thrombolysis in Brain Ischemia (TIBI) transcranial Doppler flow grades predict clinical severity, early recovery, and mortality in patients treated with intravenous tissue plasminogen activator,” Stroke, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 89–93, 2001.
- E. Stolz, F. Cioli, J. Allendoerfer, T. Gerriets, M. D. Sette, and M. Kaps, “Can early neurosonology predict outcome in acute stroke? A metaanalysis of prognostic clinical effect sizes related to the vascular status,” Stroke, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 3255–3261, 2008.
- M. Saqqur, C. A. Molina, A. Salam et al., “Clinical deterioration after intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator treatment: a multicenter transcranial Doppler study,” Stroke, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 2007.
- A. V. Alexandrov, G. Tsivgoulis, M. Rubiera et al., “End-diastolic velocity increase predicts recanalization and neurological improvement in patients with ischemic stroke with proximal arterial occlusions receiving reperfusion therapies,” Stroke, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 948–952, 2010.
- J. R. Little, F. W. L. Kerr, and T. M. Sundt Jr., “Microcirculatory obstruction in focal cerebral ischemia. Relationship to neuronal alterations,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 264–270, 1975.
- M. Ohtake, S. Morino, T. Kaidoh, and T. Inoué, “Three-dimensional structural changes in cerebral microvessels after transient focal cerebral ischemia in rats: scanning electron microscopic study of corrosion casts,” Neuropathology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 219–227, 2004.
- M. Yemisci, Y. Gursoy-Ozdemir, A. Vural, A. Can, K. Topalkara, and T. Dalkara, “Pericyte contraction induced by oxidative-nitrative stress impairs capillary reflow despite successful opening of an occluded cerebral artery,” Nature Medicine, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 1031–1037, 2009.
- Y. Gursoy-Ozdemir, M. Yemisci, and T. Dalkara, “Microvascular protection is essential for successful neuroprotection in stroke,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 123, supplement 2, pp. 2–11, 2012.