- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 265619, 14 pages
Congenital and Acquired Abnormalities of the Corpus Callosum: A Pictorial Essay
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Institute of Mother and Child, ul. Kasprzaka, 17a, 01-211 Warsaw, Poland
Received 2 April 2013; Revised 16 June 2013; Accepted 12 July 2013
Academic Editor: Margaret A. Niznikiewicz
Copyright © 2013 Katarzyna Krupa and Monika Bekiesinska-Figatowska. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. K. Paul, “Developmental malformation of the corpus callosum: a review of typical callosal development and examples of developmental disorders with callosal involvement,” Journal of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 3–27, 2011.
- P. S. Espinosa, C. D. Smith, and J. R. Berger, “Alien hand syndrome,” Neurology, vol. 67, no. 12, article e21, 2006.
- A. A. Asadi-Pooya, A. Sharan, M. Nei, and M. R. Sperling, “Corpus callosotomy,” Epilepsy and Behavior, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 271–278, 2008.
- J. Peltier, M. Roussel, Y. Gerard et al., “Functional consequences of a section of the anterior part of the body of the corpus callosum: evidence from an interhemispheric transcallosal approach,” Journal of Neurology, vol. 259, no. 9, pp. 1860–1867, 2012.
- C. Raybaud, “The corpus callosum, the other great forebrain commissures, and the septum pellucidum: anatomy, development, and malformation,” Neuroradiology, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 447–477, 2010.
- J. H. Yoo and J. Hunter, “Imaging spectrum of pediatric corpus callosal pathology: a pictorial review,” Journal of Neuroimaging, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 281–295, 2013.
- E. C. Bourekas, K. Varakis, D. Bruns et al., “Lesions of the corpus callosum: MR imaging and differential considerations in adults and children,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 179, no. 1, pp. 251–257, 2002.
- A. Uchino, Y. Takase, K. Nomiyama, R. Egashira, and S. Kudo, “Acquired lesions of the corpus callosum: MR imaging,” European Radiology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 905–914, 2006.
- M. Bekiesińska-Figatowska and J. Walecki, “Corpus callosum pathological lesions in computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging,” Neurologia i Neurochirurgia Polska, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 829–840, 2001.
- K. H. Chrzanowska, M. Bekiesinska-Figatowska, and S. Józwiak, “Corpus callosum hypoplasia and associated brain anomalies in Nijmegen breakage syndrome,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 39, no. 5, article e25, 2002.
- M. Bekiesińska-Figatowska, K. H. Chrzanowska, E. Jurkiewicz et al., “Magnetic resonance imaging of brain abnormalities in patients with the Nijmegen breakage syndrome,” Acta Neurobiologiae Experimentalis, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 503–509, 2004.
- M. Bekiesinska-Figatowska, E. Jurkiewicz, M. Pedich, M. Furmanek, J. Walecki, and A. Romaniuk-Doroszewska, “Prenatal MRI diagnosis of Vein of Galen malformation,” Neuroradiology Journal, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 279–281, 2008.
- A. Mimouni-Bloch, L. Kornreich, W. Kaadan, T. Steinberg, and A. Shuper, “Lesions of the corpus callosum in children with neurofibromatosis 1,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 406–410, 2008.
- N. Pride, J. M. Payne, R. Webster, E. A. Shores, C. Rae, and K. N. North, “Corpus callosum morphology and its relationship to cognitive function in neurofibromatosis type 1,” Journal of Child Neurology, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 834–841, 2010.
- M. L. Krishnan, O. Commowick, S. S. Jeste et al., “Diffusion features of white matter in tuberous sclerosis with tractography,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 101–106, 2010.
- M. Engelen, S. Kemp, M. de Visser, et al., “X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD): clinical presentation and guidelines for diagnosis, follow-up and management,” Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases, vol. 7, article 51, 2012.
- M. Lemka, E. Pilarska, J. Wierzba, and A. Balcerska, “Agenezja ciała modzelowatego—aspekt kliniczny i genetyczny,” Annales Academiae Medicae Gedanensis, vol. 37, pp. 71–79, 2007.
- Q. He, E. S. Christ, K. Karsch, J. A. Moffitt, D. Peck, and Y. Duan, “Detecting 3D Corpus Callosum abnormalities in phenylketonuria,” International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 289–301, 2009.
- C. H. Polman, S. C. Reingold, B. Banwell et al., “Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2010 revisions to the McDonald criteria,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 292–302, 2011.
- A. Castriota-Scanderbeg, U. Sabatini, F. Fasano et al., “Diffusion of water in large demyelinating lesions: a follow-up study,” Neuroradiology, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 764–767, 2002.
- S. Mesaros, M. A. Rocca, G. Riccitelli et al., “Corpus callosum damage and cognitive dysfunction in benign MS,” Human Brain Mapping, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 2656–2666, 2009.
- T. Yoshizaki, T. Hashimoto, K. Fujimoto, and K. Oguchi, “Evolution of callosal and cortical lesions on MRI in marchiafava-bignami disease,” Case Reports in Neurology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 19–23, 2010.
- M. I. Hernández, C. C. Sandoval, J. L. Tapia, et al., “Stroke patterns in neonatal group B streptococcal meningitis,” Pediatric Neurology, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 282–288, 2011.
- V. V. Brinar and M. Habek, “Rare infections mimicking MS,” Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, vol. 112, no. 7, pp. 625–628, 2010.
- R. N. Sener, “Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis findings at MR imaging, diffusion MR imaging, and proton MR spectroscopy,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 892–894, 2004.
- D. L. Kasow, S. Destian, C. Braun, J. C. Quintas, N. J. Kagetsu, and C. E. Johnson, “Corpus callosum infarcts with atypical clinical and radiologic presentations,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1876–1880, 2000.
- A. Agrawal, “Butterfly glioma of the corpus callosum,” Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 43–45, 2009.
- P. Desclée, D. Rommel, D. Hernalsteen, C. Godfraind, B. de Coene, and G. Cosnard, “Gliomatosis cerebri, imaging findings of 12 cases,” Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 148–158, 2010.
- M. Horger, M. Fenchel, T. Nägele et al., “Water diffusivity: comparison of primary CNS lymphoma and astrocytic tumor infiltrating the corpus callosum,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 193, no. 5, pp. 1384–1387, 2009.
- K. K. Koeller and E. J. Rushing, “From the archives of the AFIP. Oligodendroglioma and its variants: radiologic-pathologic correlation,” Radiographics, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1669–1688, 2005.
- H. W. Slone, J. J. Blake, R. Shah, S. Guttikonda, and E. C. Bourekas, “CT and MRI findings of intracranial lymphoma,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 184, no. 5, pp. 1679–1685, 2005.
- V. Citton, A. Burlina, C. Baracchini, et al., “Apparent diffusion coefficient restriction in the white matter: going beyond acute brain territorial ischemia,” Insights into Imaging, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 155–164, 2012.
- S. W. Chung, Y. S. Park, T. K. Nam, J. T. Kwon, B. K. Min, and S. N. Hwang, “Locations and clinical significance of non-hemorrhagic brain lesions in diffuse axonal injuries,” Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 377–383, 2012.
- D. T. Ginat, S. P. Prabhu, and J. R. Madsen, “Postshunting corpus callosum swelling with depiction on tractography,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 178–180, 2013.
- B. Ribarić, D. Milat, Z. P. Gadze, J. Franjić, and D. Petravić, “Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy or brain tumor—case report,” Lijecnicki Vjesnik, vol. 132, pp. 5151–5164, 2010.
- S. J. Teipel, W. Bayer, G. E. Alexander et al., “Progression of corpus callosum atrophy in Alzheimer disease,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 243–248, 2002.
- J. S. Pekala, A. C. Mamourian, H. A. Wishart, W. F. Hickey, and J. D. Raque, “Focal lesion in the splenium of the corpus callosum on FLAIR MR images: a common finding with aging and after brain radiation therapy,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 855–861, 2003.