- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 267968, 7 pages
Environmental Kuznets Curve Analysis of the Economic Development and Nonpoint Source Pollution in the Ningxia Yellow River Irrigation Districts in China
1College of Forestry, Northwest A&F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
2The Research Center of Recycle Agricultural Engineering and Technology of Shaanxi Province, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
3College of Agronomy, Northwest A&F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
4College of Resources and Environment, Henan Agricultural University, Zhengzhou, Henan 450002, China
Received 22 May 2013; Revised 26 July 2013; Accepted 19 August 2013
Academic Editor: Eldon R. Rene
Copyright © 2013 Chunlan Mao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Ma, X. Chen, and Y. Shi, “Distinguishing the main pollution source an efficient way in agricultural non-point source pollution control,” Advanced Materials Research, vol. 347–353, pp. 2195–2199, 2012.
- Y. Zheng and X. J. Wang, “Advances and prospects for nonpoint source pollution studies,” Advance in Water Science, vol. 13, pp. 105–110, 2002.
- L. P. Cao, X. Y. Wang, and X. J. Guang, “The policies for control and management of nonpoint source pollution and its research progress,” Geography and Geo-Information Science, vol. 20, pp. 90–94, 2004.
- A. L. Yang and Y. M. Zhu, “The study of nonpoint source pollution of surface water environment,” Techniques and Equipment for Environmental Pollution Control, vol. 7, pp. 60–67, 1999.
- Y. Wu and J. Chen, “Investigating the effects of point source and nonpoint source pollution on the water quality of the East River (Dongjiang) in South China,” Ecological Indicators, vol. 32, pp. 294–304, 2013.
- P. Chang, P. Zhu, and H. Niu, “Nitrogen and phosphorus loss of farmland agriculral non-point source pollution and its prevention,” Chinese Journal of Soil Science, vol. 41, pp. 509–512, 2010.
- A. P. Zhang, S. Q. Yang, J. Yi, and Z. L. Yang, “Analysis on current situation of water pollution and pollutant sources in Ningxia Yellow River irrigation region,” Chinese Journal of Eco-Agriculture, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1295–1301, 2010.
- M. Galeotti and A. Lanza, “Desperately seeking environmental Kuznets,” Environmental Modelling and Software, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 1379–1388, 2005.
- S. Kuznets, “Economic growth and income equality,” American Economic Review, vol. 45, pp. 1–28, 1955.
- M. Pasche, “Technical progress, structural change, and the environmental Kuznets curve,” Ecological Economics, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 381–389, 2002.
- N. Khanna and F. Plassmann, “The demand for environmental quality and the environmental Kuznets Curve hypothesis,” Ecological Economics, vol. 51, no. 3-4, pp. 225–236, 2004.
- S. Dietz and W. N. Adger, “Economic growth, biodiversity loss and conservation effort,” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 23–35, 2003.
- S. Dinda, “Environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis: a survey,” Ecological Economics, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 431–455, 2004.
- M. Munasinghe, “Is environmental degradation an inevitable consequence of economic growth: tunneling through the environmental Kuznets curve,” Ecological Economics, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 89–109, 1999.
- D. I. Stern, “The rise and fall of the environmental Kuznets curve,” World Development, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1419–1439, 2004.
- R. Roy Chowdhury and E. F. Moran, “Turning the curve: a critical review of Kuznets approaches,” Applied Geography, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 3–11, 2012.
- B. R. Copeland and M. S. Taylor, “Trade and environment: a partial synthesis,” American Journal of Agricultural EcoNomics, vol. 77, no. 3, pp. 765–771, 1995.
- S. Dinda, “A theoretical basis for the environmental Kuznets curve,” Ecological Economics, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 403–413, 2005.
- J. Fan and H. H. Hu, “Research and application of EKC,” Mathematics in Pract Ice and Theory, vol. 32, pp. 944–951, 2002.
- Y. W. Li, Z. M. Xu, Y. Wang, and W. X. Jiao, “Study on the environmental Kuznets curve CHINA population,” Resources and Environment, vol. 15, pp. 7–14, 2005.
- Y. Y. Yang, Economics of Population, Resources and Environment, China Economic Publishing House, Beijing, China, 2004.
- Z. Li and X. B. Bao, “Estimate china's environmental Kuznets curve,” Science & Technology Review, vol. 25, pp. 57–58, 2002.
- Y. P. Wu, S. C. Dong, and J. F. Song, “Modeling economic growth and environmental degradation of Beijing,” Geographical Research, vol. 21, pp. 239–246, 2002.
- K. Yang, M. Ye, and X. Q. Xu, “Environmental Kuznets characteristics of municipal solid waste growth in Shanghai city,” Geographical Research, vol. 22, pp. 60–66, 2003.
- K. Y. Wu and X. J. Chen, “Study on the relationship between economic growth and environmental degradation of Anhui province,” Chongqing Environmental Science, vol. 25, pp. 9–11, 2003.
- A. P. Zhang, S. Q. Yang, Q. Z. Zhang, S. J. Yang, and Z. L. Yang, “Influence factor and countermeasures of irrigation return flow pollution in Ningxia Yellow River water irrigation district,” Chinese Journal of Eco-Agricultural, vol. 16, pp. 1037–1042, 2008.
- S. J. Yang, A. P. Zhang, Z. L. Yang, and S. Q. Yang, “Agricultural nonpoint source pollution in Ningxia irrigation district and preliminary study of load estimation methods,” Scientia Agricultura Sinica, vol. 42, pp. 3947–3955, 2009.
- G. Q. Liu and S. Q. Yang, “Analyzed on present situation of subsiding water from cropland in Ningxia irrigation area from the Huanghe river,” Journal of Irrigation and Drainage, vol. 29, pp. 104–108, 2010.
- P. J. Johnes, “Evaluation and management of the impact of land use change on the nitrogen and phosphorus load delivered to surface waters: the export coefficient modelling approach,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 183, no. 3-4, pp. 323–349, 1996.
- R. Jha and K. V. B. Murthy, “An inverse global environmental Kuznets curve,” Journal of Comparative Economics, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 352–368, 2003.
- H. Li, T. Grijalva, and R. P. Berrens, “Economic growth and environmental quality: a meta-analysis of environmental Kuznets curve studies,” Economics Bulletin, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1–11, 2007.
- C. Peng, P. Zhu, H. H. Niu, Q. Li, and Y. L. Hang, “Nitrogen and phosphorus loss of farmland agriculral nonpoint source pollution and its prevention,” Chinese Journal of Soil Science, vol. 41, pp. 509–511, 2010.
- M. K. Zhang, J. G. Li, and Z. P. Bian, “Best management practices for controlling agricultural nonpoint pollution,” Acta Agriculturae Zhejiangensis, vol. 17, pp. 244–250, 2005.
- X. D. Han, “Application of optimal management practice to NPSP control,” Shanghai Environmental Sciences, vol. 19, pp. 102–104, 2000.
- L. H. Xue and L. Z. Yang, “Research advances of export coefficient model for non-point source pollution,” Chinese Journal of Ecology, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 755–761, 2009.
- G. M. Grossman and A. B. Krueger, “Economic growth and the environment,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 353–377, 1995.
- D. I. Stern, M. S. Common, and E. B. Barbier, “Economic growth and environmental degradation: the environmental Kuznets curve and sustainable development,” World Development, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1151–1160, 1996.
- C. H. Zhang and H. Y. Liu, “Adaptive evaluation on existence of EKC hypothesis,” Journal of Beihua University, vol. 10, pp. 29–31, 2009.
- B. B. Chu, “Study on the relationship between economic development and environment quality of Taihu,” Environmental Science and Management, vol. 33, pp. 51–54, 2008.