- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 271276, 9 pages
Skin Delivery of Kojic Acid-Loaded Nanotechnology-Based Drug Delivery Systems for the Treatment of Skin Aging
Department of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, UNESP, Rodovia Araraquara-Jaú, km 1, Campus, 14801-902 Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Received 23 May 2013; Accepted 29 October 2013
Academic Editor: Ajit S. Narang
Copyright © 2013 M. L. Gonçalez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. L. Levy and J. J. Emer, “Emotional benefit of cosmetic camouflage in the treatment of facial skin conditions: personal experience and review,” Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, vol. 5, pp. 173–182, 2012.
- C. G. García, “Lesiones de la pigmentación cutânea. Medicine,” Programa de Formación Médica Continuada Acredidato, vol. 10, no. 3195, 3203 pages, 2010.
- A. F. Lajis, M. Hamid, and A. B. Ariff, “Depigmenting effect of Kojic acid esters in hyperpigmented B16F1 melanoma cells,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 952452, 9 pages, 2012.
- J.-M. Noh, S.-Y. Kwak, H.-S. Seo, J.-H. Seo, B.-G. Kim, and Y.-S. Lee, “Kojic acid-amino acid conjugates as tyrosinase inhibitors,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 19, no. 19, pp. 5586–5589, 2009.
- L. Chen, J. Y. Hu, and S. Q. Wang, “The role of antioxidants in photoprotection: a critical review,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 2012.
- P. K. Mukherjee, N. Maity, N. K. Nema, and B. K. Sarkar, “Bioactive compounds from natural resources against skin aging,” Phytomedicine, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 64–73, 2011.
- Y. Bai and N. L. Abbott, “Recent advances in colloidal and interfacial phenomena involving liquid crystals,” Langmuir, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 5719–5738, 2011.
- F. K. dos Santos, M. H. Oyafuso, C. P. Kiill, M. P. Daflon-Gremiao, and M. Chorilli , “Nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems for treatment of hyperproliferative skin diseases—a review,” Current Nanoscience, vol. 9, pp. 159–167, 2013.
- M. Chorilli, et al., “Rheological characterization and safety evaluation of non-ionic lamellar liquid crystalline systems containing retinyl palmitate,” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology. In press.
- A. L. R. de Souza, C. P. Kiill, F. K. dos Santos, G. M. Luz, M. Chorilli, and M. P. D. Gremião, “Nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems for dermatomycosis treatment,” Current Nanoscience, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 512–519, 2012.
- M. Chorilli, P. S. Prestes, R. B. Rigon et al., “Structural characterization and in vivo evaluation of retinyl palmitate in non-ionic lamellar liquid crystalline system,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 182–188, 2011.
- M. C. C. Urban, et al., “Development and in vitro skin delivery of dexamethasone acetate-loaded surfactant-based systems,” Journal of Nanopharmaceutics and Drug, 2013.
- M. E. O. Sato, F. Gomara, R. Pontarolo, I. F. Andreazza, and M. Zaroni, “Permeação cutânea in vitro do ácido kójico,” Revista Brasileira de Ciências Farmacêuticas, vol. 43, pp. 195–203, 2007.
- H. Aronson, “Correction factor for dissolution profile calculations,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 82, no. 11, p. 1190, 1993.
- D. S. Jones, A. D. Woolfson, and A. F. Brown, “Textural, viscoelastic and mucoadhesive properties of pharmaceutical gels composed of cellulose polymers,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 223–233, 1997.
- F. T. M. C. Vicentini, T. R. M. Simi, J. O. Del Ciampo et al., “Quercetin in w/o microemulsion: in vitro and in vivo skin penetration and efficacy against UVB-induced skin damages evaluated in vivo,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 948–957, 2008.
- M. H. Oyafuso, Desenvolvimento e caracterização de sistemas micro e nanoestruturados para a administração cutânea de acetato de dexametasona [M.S. thesis], Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade Estadual Paulista “Julio de Mesquita Filho”, Araraquara, Brazil, 2012.
- J. Phelps, M. V. L. B. Bentley, and L. B. Lopes, “In situ gelling hexagonal phases for sustained release of an anti-addiction drug,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 391–398, 2011.
- D. I. Nesseem, “Formulation and evaluation of itraconazole via liquid crystal for topical delivery system,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 387–399, 2001.