- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 275805, 8 pages
The Predictive Value of Interim and Final [18F] Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography after Rituximab-Chemotherapy in the Treatment of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: A Meta-Analysis
1Department of Nuclear Medicine, Renji Hospital, Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200127, China
2Department of Nuclear Medicine, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200127, China
3Renji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200127, China
Received 17 March 2013; Revised 13 June 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Ignasi Carrio
Copyright © 2013 Yuyuan Zhu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. E. Juweid, S. Stroobants, O. S. Hoekstra et al., “Use of positron emission tomography for response assessment of lymphoma: consensus of the imaging subcommittee of international harmonization project in lymphoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 571–578, 2007.
- B. J. Krause, S. Schwarzenbock, and M. Souvatzoglou, “FDG PET and PET/CT,” Recent Results in Cancer Research, vol. 187, pp. 351–369, 2013.
- A. Gallamini, F. Fiore, R. Sorasio, and M. Meignan, “Interim positron emission tomography scan in Hodgkin lymphoma: definitions, interpretation rules, and clinical validation,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1761–1764, 2009.
- T. Terasawa, J. Lau, S. Bardet et al., “Fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography for interim response assessment of advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a systematic review,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1906–1914, 2009.
- “A clinical evaluation of the International Lymphoma Study Group classification of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. The non-Hodgkin's lymphoma classification project,” Blood, vol. 89, no. 11, pp. 3909–3918, 1997.
- W. L. J. M. Devillé, P. D. Bezemer, and L. M. Bouter, “Publications on diagnostic test evaluation in family medicine journals: an optimal search strategy,” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 65–69, 2000.
- P. L. Zinzani, L. Gandolfi, A. Broccoli et al., “Midtreatment18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron-emission tomography in aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma,” Cancer, vol. 117, no. 5, pp. 1010–1018, 2011.
- C. Yoo, D. H. Lee, J. E. Kim et al., “Limited role of interim PET/CT in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP,” Annals of Hematology, vol. 90, no. 7, pp. 797–802, 2011.
- D. H. Yang, J. J. Min, H. C. Song et al., “Prognostic significance of interim18F-FDG PET/CT after three or four cycles of R-CHOP chemotherapy in the treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma,” European Journal of Cancer, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 1312–1318, 2011.
- J. Trotman, M. Fournier, T. Lamy et al., “Positron emission tomography-computed tomography (PET-CT) after induction therapy is highly predictive of patient outcome in follicular lymphoma: analysis of PET-CT in a subset of PRIMA trial participants,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 29, no. 23, pp. 3194–3200, 2011.
- V. Safar, J. Dupuis, E. Itti et al., “Interim [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography scan in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with anthracycline-based chemotherapy plus rituximab,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 184–190, 2012.
- P. Pregno, A. Chiappella, M. Bellò et al., “Interim 18-FDG-PET/CT failed to predict the outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients treated at the diagnosis with rituximab-CHOP,” Blood, vol. 119, no. 9, pp. 2066–2073, 2012.
- L. le Dortz, S. de Guibert, S. Bayat et al., “Diagnostic and prognostic impact of 18F-FDG PET/CT in follicular lymphoma,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 37, no. 12, pp. 2307–2314, 2010.
- H. S. Han, M. P. Escalón, B. Hsiao, A. Serafini, and I. S. Lossos, “High incidence of false-positive PET scans in patients with aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma treated with rituximab-containing regimens,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 309–318, 2009.
- M. C. Cox, V. Ambrogi, V. Lanni et al., “Use of interim [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography is not justified in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma during first-line immunochemotherapy,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 263–269, 2012.
- A. F. Cashen, F. Dehdashti, J. Luo, A. Homb, B. A. Siegel, and N. L. Bartlett, “18F-FDG PET/CT for early response assessment in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: poor predictive value of international harmonization project interpretation,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 386–392, 2011.
- A. R. Mato, J. Svoboda, T. Feldman et al., “Post-treatment (not interim) positron emission tomography-computed tomography scan status is highly predictive of outcome in mantle cell lymphoma patients treated with R-HyperCVAD,” Cancer, vol. 118, no. 14, pp. 3565–3570, 2012.
- H. Lanic, S. Mareschal, F. Mechken et al., “Interim positron emission tomography scan associated with international prognostic index and germinal center B cell-like signature as prognostic index in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 34–42, 2012.
- J. Dupuis, A. Berriolo-Riedinger, A. Julian et al., “Impact of [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography response evaluation in patients with high-tumor burden follicular lymphoma treated with immunochemotherapy: a prospective study from the Groupe d'Etudes des Lymphomes de l'Adulte and GOELAMS,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 35, pp. 4317–4322, 2012.
- E. Steels, M. Paesmans, T. Berghmans et al., “Role of p53 as a prognostic factor for survival in lung cancer: a systematic review of the literature with a meta-analysis,” European Respiratory Journal, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 705–719, 2001.
- T. Berghmans, M. Dusart, M. Paesmans et al., “Primary tumor standardized uptake value (SUVmax) measured on fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) is of prognostic value for survival in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a systematic review and meta-analysis (MA) by the european lung cancer working party for the IASLC lung cancer staging project,” Journal of Thoracic Oncology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 6–12, 2008.
- M. K. Parmar, V. Torri, and L. Stewart, “Extracting summary statistics to perform meta-analyses of the published literature for survival endpoints,” Statistics in Medicine, vol. 17, no. 24, pp. 2815–2834, 1998.
- J. F. Tierney, L. A. Stewart, D. Ghersi, S. Burdett, and M. R. Sydes, “Practical methods for incorporating summary time-to-event data into meta-analysis,” Trials, vol. 8, article 16, 2007.
- J. P. T. Higgins, S. G. Thompson, J. J. Deeks, and D. G. Altman, “Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses,” The British Medical Journal, vol. 327, no. 7414, pp. 557–560, 2003.
- R. Casasnovas, M. Meignan, A. Berriolo-Riedinger et al., “SUVmax reduction improves early prognosis value of interim positron emission tomography scans in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma,” Blood, vol. 118, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2011.
- A. D. Zelenetz, W. G. Wierda, J. S. Abramson et al., “Non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, version 1.2013,” Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 257–273, 2013.
- R. Siegel, D. Naishadham, and A. Jemal, “Cancer statistics, 2013,” CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 11–30, 2013.
- M. Pfreundschuh, L. Trümper, A. Österborg et al., “CHOP-like chemotherapy plus rituximab versus CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma: a randomised controlled trial by the MabThera International Trial (MInT) group,” Lancet Oncology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 379–391, 2006.
- P. Feugier, A. van Hoof, C. Sebban et al., “Long-term results of the R-CHOP study in the treatment of elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a study by the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphomes de l'Adulte,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 23, no. 18, pp. 4117–4126, 2005.
- M. A. Shipp, D. P. Harrington, J. R. Andersen et al., “A predictive model for aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 329, no. 14, pp. 987–994, 1993.
- A. Rosenwald, G. Wright, W. C. Chan et al., “The use of molecular profiling to predict survival after chemotherapy for diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 346, no. 25, pp. 1937–1947, 2002.
- G. Lenz, G. Wright, S. S. Dave et al., “Stromal gene signatures in large-B-cell lymphomas,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 359, no. 22, pp. 2313–2323, 2008.
- B. D. Cheson, “Role of functional imaging in the management of lymphoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 29, no. 14, pp. 1844–1854, 2011.
- J. W. Friedberg and V. Chengazi, “PET scans in the staging of lymphoma: current status,” Oncologist, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 438–447, 2003.
- H. Schöder, A. Noy, M. Gönen et al., “Intensity of 18fluorodeoxyglucose uptake in positron emission tomography distinguishes between indolent and aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 23, no. 21, pp. 4643–4651, 2005.