- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 283964, 6 pages
Characterization of an Antihypertensive Angiotensin I-Converting Enzyme Inhibitory Peptide from the Edible Mushroom Hypsizygus marmoreus
1Department of Biomedicinal Science and Biotechnology, PaiChai University, Daejeon 302-735, Republic of Korea
2Korea National College of Agricultural and Fishery, Hwasung, Kyonggi-do 445-893, Republic of Korea
Received 14 June 2013; Accepted 4 September 2013
Academic Editor: Youngjun Choi
Copyright © 2013 Min-Gu Kang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Ikekawa, “Bunashimeji, Hypsizygus marmoreus antitumor activity of extracts and polysaccharides,” Food Reviews International, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 207–209, 1995.
- K. Mori, C. Kobayashi, T. Tomita, S. Inatomi, and M. Ikeda, “Antiatherosclerotic effect of the edible mushrooms Pleurotus eryngii (Eringi), Grifola frondosa (Maitake), and Hypsizygus marmoreus (Bunashimeji) in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice,” Nutrition Research, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 335–342, 2008.
- T. Matsuzawa, M. Sano, I. Tomita, H. Saitoh, and T. Ikekawa, “Studies on antioxidant effect of Hypsizigus marmoreus—I. Effects of Hypsizigus marmoreus for antioxidant activities of mice plasma,” Yakugaku Zasshi, vol. 117, no. 9, pp. 623–628, 1997.
- T. Matsuzawa, H. Saitoh, M. Sano, I. Tomita, M. Ohkawa, and T. Ikekawa, “Studies on antioxidant effects of Hypsizigus marmoreus—II. Effects of Hypsizigus marmoreus for antioxidant activities of tumor-bearing mice,” Yakugaku Zasshi, vol. 118, no. 10, pp. 476–481, 1998.
- E. Akavia, A. Beharav, S. P. Wasser, and E. Nevo, “Disposal of agro-industrial by-products by organic cultivation of the culinary and medicinal mushroom Hypsizygus marmoreus,” Waste Management, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1622–1627, 2009.
- J.-H. Kim, D.-H. Lee, S.-C. Jeong, K.-S. Chung, and J.-S. Lee, “Characterization of antihypertensive angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitor from Saccharomyces cerevisiae,” Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1318–1323, 2004.
- H. S. Choi, H. Y. Cho, H. C. Yang, K. S. Ra, and H. J. Suh, “Angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitor from Grifola frondosa,” Food Research International, vol. 34, no. 2-3, pp. 177–182, 2001.
- A. Morigiwa, K. Kitabatake, Y. Fujimoto, and N. Ikekawa, “Angiotensin converting enzyme-inhibitory triterpenes from Ganoderma lucidum,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 3025–3028, 1986.
- D. H. Lee, J. H. Kim, J. S. Park, Y. J. Choi, and J. S. Lee, “Isolation and characterization of a novel angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory peptide derived from the edible mushroom Tricholoma giganteum,” Peptides, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 621–627, 2004.
- K.-C. Koo, D.-H. Lee, J.-H. Kim, H.-E. Yu, J.-S. Park, and J.-S. Lee, “Production and characterization of antihypertensive angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitor from Pholiota adiposa,” Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 757–763, 2006.
- J.-H. Jang, S.-C. Jeong, J.-H. Kim, Y.-H. Lee, Y.-C. Ju, and J.-S. Lee, “Characterisation of a new antihypertensive angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory peptide from Pleurotus cornucopiae,” Food Chemistry, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 412–418, 2011.
- S. Miyoshi, H. Ishikawa, T. Kaneko, F. Fukui, H. Tanaka, and S. Maruyama, “Structures and activity of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors in an alpha-zein hydrolysate,” Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1313–1318, 1991.
- Y. Saito, K. Wanezaki, A. Kawato, and S. Imayasu, “Structure and activity of angiotensin I converting enzyme inhibitory peptides from sake and sake lees,” Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 1767–1771, 1994.
- J. H. Kim, D. H. Lee, S. H. Lee, S. Y. Choi, and J. S. Lee, “Effect of Ganoderma lucidum on the quality and functionality of Korean traditional rice wine, Yakju,” Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 24–28, 2004.
- M. R. Rhyu, Y. J. Nam, and H. Y. Lee, “Screening of angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitors in cereals and legumes,” Food Science and Biotechnology, vol. 5, pp. 334–337, 1996.
- B. Zanabaatar, M. K. Kim, G. S. Seo, Y. W. Lee, and J. S. Lee, “Screening and physiological functionality of Hypsizygus marmoreus (white cultivar) fruiting body,” The Korean Journal of Mycology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 185–188, 2011.
- D. W. Cushman and H. S. Cheung, “Spectrophotometric assay and properties of the angiotensin-converting enzyme of rabbit lung,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1637–1648, 1971.