- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 297895, 9 pages
Feasibility, Reproducibility, and Agreement between Different Speckle Tracking Echocardiographic Techniques for the Assessment of Longitudinal Deformation
1Department of Medical and Pediatric Sciences, University of Catania, Via Plebiscito 628, 95124 Catania, Italy
2Clinical Echocardiography, A.U.O. Policlinic “Vittorio Emanuele”, P.O. Rodolico, Via Santa Sofia 78, 95125 Catania, Italy
3Cardiology Unit, Ferrarotto Hospital, Via S. Citelli 6, 95124 Catania, Italy
Received 3 April 2013; Revised 4 August 2013; Accepted 20 August 2013
Academic Editor: Osama Soliman
Copyright © 2013 Sergio Buccheri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Geyer, G. Caracciolo, H. Abe et al., “Assessment of myocardial mechanics using speckle tracking echocardiography: fundamentals and clinical applications,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 351–369, 2010.
- G. C. Nesbitt, S. Mankad, and J. K. Oh, “Strain imaging in echocardiography: methods and clinical applications,” International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 9–22, 2009.
- J. T. Poterucha, S. Kutty, R. K. Lindquist, L. Li, and B. W. Eidem, “Changes in left ventricular longitudinal strain with antracycline chemotherapy in adolescents precede subsequent decreased left ventricular ejection fraction,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 733–740, 2012.
- M. C. Piccione, C. Zito, G. Bagnato, et al., “Role of 2D strain in the early identification of left ventricular dysfunction and in the risk stratification of systemic sclerosis patients,” Cardiovasc Ultrasound, vol. 11, article 6, 2013.
- R. M. Lang, L. P. Badano, W. Tsang et al., “EAE/ASE recommendations for image acquisition and display using three-dimensional echocardiography,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 3–46, 2012.
- J. M. Bland and D. G. Altman, “Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8476, pp. 307–310, 1986.
- I. Monte, S. Buccheri, V. Bottari, A. Blundo, S. Licciardi, and M. A. Romeo, “Left ventricular rotational dynamics in Beta thalassemia major: a speckle-tracking echocardiographic study,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 1083–1090, 2012.
- M. M. Kansal, S. J. Lester, P. Surapaneni et al., “Usefulness of two-dimensional and speckle tracking echocardiography in “gray zone” left ventricular hypertrophy to differentiate professional football player's heart from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy,” The American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 108, no. 9, pp. 1322–1326, 2011.
- L. Pérez de Isla , D. V. Balcones, C. Fernández-Golfín, et al., “Three-dimensional-wall motion tracking: a new and faster tool for myocardial strain assessment: comparison with two-dimensional-wall motion tracking,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 325–330, 2009, Erratum in: Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 22, no. 6, p. 745-.e1, 2009.
- E. Villanueva-Fernández, M. Ruiz-Ortiz, D. Mesa-Rubio, et al., “Feasibility of bidimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography for strain analysis in consecutive patients in daily clinical practice,” Echocardiography, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 923–926, 2012.
- K. Negishi, T. Negishi, D. A. Agler, J. C. Plana, and T. H. Marwick, “Role of temporal resolution in selection of the appropriate strain technique for evaluation of subclinical myocardial dysfunction,” Echocardiography, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 334–339, 2012.
- K. Saito, H. Okura, N. Watanabe et al., “Comprehensive evaluation of left ventricular strain using speckle tracking echocardiography in normal adults: comparison of three-dimensional and two-dimensional approaches,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1025–1030, 2009.
- M. Biswas, S. Sudhakar, N. C. Nanda, et al., “Two- and three-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography: clinical applications and future directions,” Echocardiography, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 88–105, 2013.
- C. C. Moore, E. R. McVeigh, and E. A. Zerhouni, “Quantitative tagged magnetic resonance imaging of the normal human left ventricle,” Topics in Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 359–371, 2000.
- E. Gayat, H. Ahmad, L. Weinert, R. M. Lang, and V. Mor-Avi, “Reproducibility and inter-vendor variability of left ventricular deformation measurements by three-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography,” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 878–885, 2011.
- L. P. Badano, U. Cucchini, D. Muraru, O. Al Nono, C. Sarais, and S. Iliceto, “Use of three-dimensional speckle tracking to assess left ventricular myocardial mechanics: inter-vendor consistency and reproducibility of strain measurements,” European Heart Journal, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 285–293, 2013.