- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 315023, 6 pages
The Influence of No-Primer Adhesives and Anchor Pylons Bracket Bases on Shear Bond Strength of Orthodontic Brackets
Dipartimento di Scienze Clinico Chirurgiche, Diagnostiche e Pediatriche, Unità di Odontoiatria,
Reparto di Ortognatodonzia, Università degli Studi di Pavia, Piazzale Golgi, 2-27100 Pavia, Italy
Received 29 April 2013; Accepted 9 July 2013
Academic Editor: Ali Abdalla
Copyright © 2013 Andrea Scribante et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. J. Oesterle, W. Craig Shellhart, and A. Fisher, “Effect of primer precuring on the shear bond strength of orthodontic brackets,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 126, no. 6, pp. 699–702, 2004.
- O. Mehta, S. Saini, and A. Dahiya, “Comparative evaluation of shear bond strength of different bracket base designs in dry and wet environments,” Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. S104–S108, 2008.
- E. Naidu, B. Stawarczyk, P. N. Tawakoli, R. Attin, T. Attin, and A. Wiegand, “Shear bond strength of orthodontic resins after caries infiltrant preconditioning,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 83, pp. 306–312, 2013.
- S. D. Murray and R. S. Hobson, “Comparison of in vivo and in vitro shear bond strength,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 123, no. 1, pp. 2–9, 2003.
- A. Wieczorek, J. Loster, and B. W. Loster, “Relationship between occlusal force distribution and the activity of masseter and anterior temporalis muscles in asymptomatic young adults,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, Article ID 354017, 7 pages, 2013.
- M. F. Sfondrini, V. Cacciafesta, E. Noga, A. Scribante, and C. Klersy, “In vitro bond strength evaluation of four orthodontic cements,” The Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 131–135, 2010.
- R. Chalgren, E. C. Combe, and A. J. Wahl, “Effects of etchants and primers on shear bond strength of a self-ligating esthetic orthodontic bracket,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 132, no. 5, pp. 577.e1–577.e5, 2007.
- R. G. Northrup, D. W. Berzins, T. G. Bradley, and W. Schuckit, “Shear bond strength comparison between two orthodontic adhesives and self-ligating and conventional brackets,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 701–706, 2007.
- M. F. Sfondrini, E. Xheka, A. Scribante, P. Gandini, and G. Sfondrini, “Reconditioning of self-ligating brackets A shear bond strength study,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 158–164, 2012.
- J. Knox, P. Hubsch, M. L. Jones, and J. Middleton, “The influence of bracket base design on the strength of the bracket-cement interface,” Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 249–254, 2000.
- G. Merone, R. Valletta, R. De Santis, L. Ambrosio, and R. Martina, “A novel bracket base design: biomechanical stability,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 219–223, 2010.
- W. N. Wang, C. H. Li, T. H. Chou, D. D. H. Wang, L. H. Lin, and C. T. Lin, “Bond strength of various bracket base designs,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 65–70, 2004.
- A. Scribante, M. F. Sfondrini, S. Gatti, and P. Gandini, “Disinclusion of unerupted teeth by mean of self-ligating brackets: effect of blood contamination on shear bond strength,” Medicina Oral, Patología Oral y Cirugía Bucal, vol. 18, pp. e162–e167, 2013.
- J. Årtun and S. Bergland, “Clinical trials with crystal growth conditioning as an alternative to acid-etch enamel pretreatment,” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 333–340, 1984.
- S. Velo, A. Carano, and A. Carano, “Self-etching vs. traditional bonding systems in orthodontics: an in vitro study,” Orthodontics & Craniofacial Research, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 166–169, 2002.
- E. S. J. Abu Alhaija and A. M. S. Al-Wahadni, “Evaluation of shear bond strength with different enamel pre-treatments,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 179–184, 2004.
- S. E. Bishara, M. M. A. Soliman, C. Oonsombat, J. F. Laffoon, and R. Ajlouni, “The effect of variation in mesh-base design on the shear bond strength of orthodontic brackets,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 400–404, 2004.
- D. C. Smith and R. Maijer, “Improvements in bracket base design,” American Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 277–281, 1983.
- V. Droese and P. Diedrich, “Research on the tensile bond strength of bracket bases coated with metal plasma,” Fortschritte der Kieferorthopädie, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 142–152, 1992.
- O. Sorel, R. El Alam, F. Chagneau, and G. Cathelineau, “Comparison of bond strength between simple foil mesh and laser-structured base retention brackets,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 122, no. 3, pp. 260–266, 2002.
- R. J. S. Vilchis, Y. Hotta, and K. Yamamoto, “Examination of six orthodontic adhesives with electron microscopy, hardness tester and energy dispersive X-ray microanalyzer,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 655–661, 2008.
- I. R. Reynolds, “A review of direct orthodontic bonding,” British Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 2, pp. 171–178, 1975.
- I. Nakamichi, M. Iwaku, and T. Fusayama, “Bovine teeth as possible substitutes in the adhesion test,” Journal of Dental Research, vol. 62, no. 10, pp. 1076–1081, 1983.
- L. J. Oesterle, W. C. Shellhart, and G. K. Belanger, “The use of bovine enamel in bonding studies,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 114, no. 5, pp. 514–519, 1998.
- M. F. Sfondrini, A. Scribante, V. Cacciafesta, and P. Gandini, “Shear bond strength of deciduous and permanent bovine enamel,” The Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 227–230, 2011.
- V. Cacciafesta, M. F. Sfondrini, E. Barina, A. Scribante, F. Garino, and C. Klersy, “Effect of different light sources and guides on shear bond strength of brackets bonded with 2 adhesive systems,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 99–102, 2005.
- S. E. Bishara, A. W. Ostby, J. F. Laffoon, and J. Warren, “Shear bond strength comparison of two adhesive systems following thermocycling: a new self-etch primer and a resin-modified glass ionomer,” Angle Orthodontist, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 337–341, 2007.
- L. M. Firoozmand, J. V. Brandão, and M. P. Fialho, “Influence of microhybrid resin and etching times on bleached enamel for the bonding of ceramic brackets,” Brazilian Oral Research, vol. 27, pp. 142–148, 2013.
- T. J. Algera, C. J. Kleverlaan, B. Prahl-Andersen, and A. J. Feilzer, “The influence of different bracket base surfaces on tensile and shear bond strength,” European Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 490–494, 2008.