- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 317468, 6 pages
Prevalence Rate and Risk Factors of Depression in Outpatients with Premature Ejaculation
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230032, China
Received 7 April 2013; Revised 9 June 2013; Accepted 9 June 2013
Academic Editor: Christian Schwentner
Copyright © 2013 Xiansheng Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Rosen, H. Porst, and F. Montorsi, “The premature ejaculation prevalence and attitudes (PEPA) survey: a multi-national survey,” in Proceedings of the 11th Word Congress of the International Society of Sexual and Impotence Research, 2004.
- D. Rowland, M. Perelman, S. Althof et al., “Self-reported premature ejaculation and aspects of sexual functioning and satisfaction,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 225–232, 2004.
- E. O. Laumann, A. Paik, and R. C. Rosen, “Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 281, no. 6, pp. 537–544, 1999.
- H. Son, S. H. Song, J. Y. Lee, and J. S. Paick, “Relationship between premature ejaculation and depression in Korean males,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 2062–2070, 2011.
- E. C. Serefoglu, O. Yaman, S. Cayan et al., “Prevalence of the complaint of ejaculating prematurely and the four premature ejaculation syndromes: results from the Turkish Society of Andrology Sexual Health Survey,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 540–548, 2011.
- M. McCabe, S. E. Althof, P. Assalian et al., “Psychological and interpersonal dimensions of sexual function and dysfunction,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 327–336, 2010.
- D. L. Patrick, S. E. Althof, J. L. Pryor et al., “Premature ejaculation: an observational study of men and their partners,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 358–367, 2005.
- D. L. Rowland, D. L. Patrick, M. Rothman, and D. D. Gagnon, “The psychological burden of premature ejaculation,” Journal of Urology, vol. 177, no. 3, pp. 1065–1070, 2007.
- J. T. F. Lau, Q. Wang, Y. Cheng, and X. Yang, “Prevalence and risk factors of sexual dysfunction among younger married men in a rural area in China,” Urology, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 616–622, 2005.
- S. E. Althof, C. H. N. Abdo, J. Dean et al., “International society for sexual medicine's guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of premature ejaculation,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 2947–2969, 2010.
- M. D. Waldinger and D. H. Schweitzer, “The use of old and recent DSM definitions of premature ejaculation in observational studies: a contribution to the present debate for a new classification of PE in the DSM-V,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 1079–1087, 2008.
- W. W. Zung, “A self-rating depression scale,” Archives of General Psychiatry, vol. 12, pp. 63–70, 1965.
- M. S. Litwin, M. McNaughton-Collins, F. J. Fowler Jr. et al., “The National Institutes of Health chronic prostatitis symptom index: development and validation of a new outcome measure,” Journal of Urology, vol. 162, no. 2, pp. 369–375, 1999.
- K. F. Quek, A. A. Sallam, C. H. Ng, and C. B. Chua, “Prevalence of sexual problems and its association with social, psychological and physical factors among men in a Malaysian population: a cross-sectional study,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 70–76, 2008.
- U. Hartmann, M. Schedlowski, and T. H. C. Krüger, “Cognitive and partner-related factors in rapid ejaculation: differences between dysfunctional and functional men,” World Journal of Urology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 93–101, 2005.
- A. Graziottin and S. Althof, “What does premature ejaculation mean to the man, the woman, and the couple?” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 304–309, 2011.
- P. Kempeneers, R. Andrianne, S. Bauwens, I. Georis, J. F. Pairoux, and S. Blairy, “Functional and psychological characteristics of belgian men with premature ejaculation and their partners,” Archives of Sexual Behavior, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 51–66, 2013.
- C. Z. Liang, X. J. Zhang, Z. Y. Hao, H. Q. Shi, and K. X. Wang, “Prevalence of sexual dysfunction in Chinese men with chronic prostatitis,” BJU International, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 568–570, 2004.
- C. Z. Liang, Z. Y. Hao, H. J. Li et al., “Prevalence of premature ejaculation and its correlation with chronic prostatitis in chinese men,” Urology, vol. 76, no. 4, pp. 962–966, 2010.
- J. C. Nickel, J. Downey, D. Hunter, and J. Clark, “Prevalence of prostatitis-like symptoms in a population based study using the National Institutes of Health chronic prostatitis symptom index,” Journal of Urology, vol. 165, no. 3, pp. 842–845, 2001.
- A. Mehik, P. Hellström, A. Sarpola, O. Lukkarinen, and M. R. Järvelin, “Fears, sexual disturbances and personality features in men with prostatitis: a population-based cross-sectional study in Finland,” BJU International, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 35–38, 2001.
- J. Buvat, “Pathophysiology of premature ejaculation,” Journal of Sexual Medicine, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 316–327, 2011.