- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 317912, 11 pages
Development of Pineapple Microsatellite Markers and Germplasm Genetic Diversity Analysis
1Bioscience and Biotechnology College, Qiongzhou University, Sanya 572200, China
2Institute of Tropical Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Science, Haikou 571101, China
3Institute of Tropical Crop Variety Resources, Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences, Danzhou 571737, China
4South Subtropical Crops Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences, Zhanjiang 524091, China
Received 29 April 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Momiao Xiong
Copyright © 2013 Suping Feng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. F. Duval, J. L. Noyer, X. Perrier, C. D'Eeckenbrugge, and P. Hamon, “Molecular diversity in pineapple assessed by RFLP markers,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 83–90, 2001.
- C. De Fátima Ruas, P. M. Ruas, and J. R. S. Cabral, “Assessment of genetic relatedness of the genera Ananas and Pseudananas confirmed by RAPD markers,” Euphytica, vol. 119, no. 3, pp. 245–252, 2001.
- M. F. Duval, G. S. C. Buso, F. R. Ferreira et al., “Relationships in Ananas and other related genera using chloroplast DNA restriction site variation,” Genome, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 990–1004, 2003.
- C. Y. Kato, C. Nagai, P. H. Moore et al., “Intra-specific DNA polymorphism in pineapple (Ananas comosus (L.) Merr.) assessed by AFLP markers,” Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution, vol. 51, no. 8, pp. 815–825, 2005.
- S. Popluechai, S. Onto, and P. D. Eungwanichayapant, “Relationships between some Thai cultivars of pineapple (Ananas comosus) revealed by RAPD analysis,” Songklanakarin Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1491–1497, 2007.
- T. Wöhrmann and K. Weising, “In silico mining for simple sequence repeat loci in a pineapple expressed sequence tag database and cross-species amplification of EST-SSR markers across Bromeliaceae,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 123, no. 4, pp. 635–647, 2011.
- M. J. Kinsuat and S. V. Kumar, “Polymorphic microsatellite and cryptic simple repeat sequence markers in pineapples (Ananas comosus var. comosus),” Molecular Ecology Notes, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1032–1035, 2007.
- T. Ujino, T. Kawahara, Y. Tsumura, T. Nagamitsu, H. Yoshimaru, and W. Ratnam, “Development and polymorphism of simple sequence repeat DNA markers for Shorea curtisii and other Dipterocarpaceae species,” Heredity, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 422–428, 1998.
- H.-B. Huang, Y.-Q. Song, M. Hsei et al., “Development and characterization of genetic mapping resources for the turkey (Meleagris gallopavo),” Journal of Heredity, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 240–242, 1999.
- S. N. Nayak, H. Zhu, N. Varghese et al., “Integration of novel SSR and gene-based SNP marker loci in the chickpea genetic map and establishment of new anchor points with Medicago truncatula genome,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 120, no. 7, pp. 1415–1441, 2010.
- P. J. Fisher, R. C. Gardner, and T. E. Richardson, “Single locus microsatellites isolated using anchored PCR,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 24, no. 21, pp. 4369–4371, 1996.
- M. J. Hayden and P. J. Sharp, “Sequence-tagged microsatellite profiling (STMP): a rapid technique for developing SSR markers,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 29, no. 8, article e43, 2001.
- M. J. Hayden and P. J. Sharp, “Targeted development of informative microsatellite (SSR) markers,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 29, no. 8, article e44, 2001.
- L. Ramsay, M. Macaulay, S. Degli Ivanissevich et al., “A simple sequence repeat-based linkage map of Barley,” Genetics, vol. 156, no. 4, pp. 1997–2005, 2000.
- L. F. Gao, J. F. Tang, H. W. Li, and J. Z. Jia, “Analysis of microsatellites in major crops assessed by computational and experimental approaches,” Molecular Breeding, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 245–261, 2003.
- S. Porebski, L. G. Bailey, and B. R. Baum, “Modification of a CTAB DNA extraction protocol for plants containing high polysaccharide and polyphenol components,” Plant Molecular Biology Reporter, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 8–15, 1997.
- R. T. Miller, A. G. Christoffels, C. Gopalakrishnan et al., “A comprehensive approach to clustering of expressed human gene sequence: the Sequence Tag Alignment and Consensus Knowledge base,” Genome Research, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 1143–1155, 1999.
- J. G. Wetmur, “DNA Probes: applications of the principles of nucleic acid hybridization,” Critical Reviews in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, vol. 26, pp. 227–259, 1991.
- W. D. Ong, C. L. Y. Voo, and S. V. Kumar, “Development of ESTs and data mining of pineapple EST-SSRs,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 39, pp. 5889–5896, 2012.
- R. L. Moyle, M. L. Crowe, J. Ripi-Koia, D. J. Fairbairn, and J. R. Botella, “PineappleDB: an online pineapple bioinformatics resource,” BMC Plant Biology, vol. 5, article 21, 2005.
- D. Botstein, R. L. White, M. Skolnick, and R. W. Davis, “Construction of a genetic linkage map in man using restriction fragment length polymorphisms,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 314–331, 1980.
- F. Yu, B.-H. Wang, S.-P. Feng, J.-Y. Wang, W.-G. Li, and Y.-T. Wu, “Development, characterization, and cross-species/genera transferability of SSR markers for rubber tree (Hevea brasiliensis),” Plant Cell Reports, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 335–344, 2011.
- J. Y. Wang, L. S. Zheng, B. Z. Huang, W. L. Liu, and Y. T. Wu, “Development, characterization,and variability analysis of microsatellites from a commerical cultivar of Musa acuminate,” Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution, vol. 57, pp. 553–563, 2010.
- O. P. Rajora, M. H. Rahman, S. Dayanandan, and A. Mosseler, “Isolation, characterization, inheritance and linkage of microsatellite DNA markers in white spruce (Picea glauca) and their usefulness in other spruce species,” Molecular and General Genetics, vol. 264, no. 6, pp. 871–882, 2001.
- R. Rivera, K. J. Edwards, J. H. A. Barker et al., “Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellites in Cocos nucifera L,” Genome, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 668–675, 1999.
- M. A. Viruel and J. I. Hormaza, “Development, characterization and variability analysis of microsatellites in lychee (Litchi chinensis Sonn., Sapindaceae),” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 108, no. 5, pp. 896–902, 2004.
- P. K. Gupta, S. Rustgi, S. Sharma, R. Singh, N. Kumar, and H. S. Balyan, “Transferable EST-SSR markers for the study of polymorphism and genetic diversity in bread wheat,” Molecular Genetics and Genomics, vol. 270, no. 4, pp. 315–323, 2003.
- R. K. Varshney, A. Graner, and M. E. Sorrells, “Genic microsatellite markers in plants: features and applications,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 48–55, 2005.
- J. Rongwen, M. S. Akkaya, A. A. Bhagwat, U. Lavi, and P. B. Cregan, “The use of microsatellite DNA markers for soybean genotype identification,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 43–48, 1995.
- Q. J. Song, L. F. Marek, R. C. Shoemaker et al., “A new integrated genetic linkage map of the soybean,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 122–128, 2004.
- S. P. Feng, W. G. Li, H. S. Huang, J. Y. Wang, and Y. T. Wu, “Development, characterization and cross-species/genera transferability of EST-SSR markers for rubber tree (Hevea brasiliensis),” Molecular Breeding, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 85–97, 2009.
- Y. Matsuoka, S. E. Mitchell, S. Kresovich, M. Goodman, and J. Doebley, “Microsatellites in Zea—variability, patterns of mutations, and use for evolutionary studies,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 104, no. 2-3, pp. 436–450, 2002.
- M. V. Gutierrez, M. C. Vaz Patto, T. Huguet, J. I. Cubero, M. T. Moreno, and A. M. Torres, “Cross-species amplification of Medicago truncatula microsatellites across three major pulse crops,” Theoretical and Applied Genetics, vol. 110, no. 7, pp. 1210–1217, 2005.
- V. V. Symonds and A. M. Lloyd, “An analysis of microsatellite loci in Arabidopsis thaliana: mutational dynamics and application,” Genetics, vol. 165, no. 3, pp. 1475–1488, 2003.