- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 318981, 9 pages
DHA Inhibits Protein Degradation More Efficiently than EPA by Regulating the PPARγ/NFκB Pathway in C2C12 Myotubes
Department of Animal Nutrition and Feed Science, College of Animal Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Received 9 May 2013; Accepted 29 June 2013
Academic Editor: Gabriel F. Anhe
Copyright © 2013 Yue Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- I-Mo Fang, Chang-Hao Yang, and Chung-May Yang, “Docosahexaenoic acid reduces linoleic acid induced monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression via PPARγ and nuclear factor-κB pathway in retinal pigment epithelial cells,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2014.
- Julia B. Ewaschuk, Alaa Almasud, and Vera C. Mazurak, “ Role of n-3 fatty acids in muscle loss and myosteatosis 1 ,” Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Azza A. K. El-Sheikh, and Rehab A. Rifaai, “Peroxisome Proliferator Activator Receptor (PPAR)-γ Ligand, but Not PPAR-α, Ameliorates Cyclophosphamide-Induced Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in Rat Liver,” PPAR Research, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Matthew L. Johnson, Antigoni Z. Lalia, Surendra Dasari, Maximilian Pallauf, Mark Fitch, Marc K. Hellerstein, and Ian R. Lanza, “Eicosapentaenoic acid but not docosahexaenoic acid restores skeletal muscle mitochondrial oxidative capacity in old mice,” Aging Cell, 2015.
- Xu-Hong Yang, Peng Li, Ya-Ling Yin, Jiang-Hua Tu, Wen Dai, Li-Ying Liu, and Shuang-Xi Wang, “ Rosiglitazone via PPARγ-dependent suppression of oxidative stress attenuates endothelial dysfunction in rats fed homocysteine thiolactone ,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2015.
- Li Wang, Ka Chen, Kai Liu, Yong Zhou, Ting Zhang, Bin Wang, and Mantian Mi, “DHA Inhibited AGEs-Induced Retinal Microglia Activation Via Suppression of the PPARγ/NFκB Pathway and Reduction of Signal Transducers in the AGEs/RAGE Axis Recruitment into Lipid Rafts,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 713–722, 2015.
- Yue Wang, and Feiruo Huang, “N-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Inflammation in Obesity: Local Effect and Systemic Benefit,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–16, 2015.
- Akadiri Yessoufou, Magloire P. Nekoua, Adam Gbankoto, Yohana Mashalla, and Kabirou Moutairou, “Beneficial Effects of Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids in Gestational Diabetes: Consequences in Macrosomia and Adulthood Obesity,” Journal of Diabetes Research, vol. 2015, pp. 1–11, 2015.