- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 347242, 6 pages
Phylogenetic Relationships of Pseudorasbora, Pseudopungtungia, and Pungtungia (Teleostei; Cypriniformes; Gobioninae) Inferred from Multiple Nuclear Gene Sequences
1Department of Research and Development, NLP Co., Ltd., Busan 619-912, Republic of Korea
2Department of Life Sciences & Biotechnology, Soonchunhyang University, Asan 336-745, Republic of Korea
3Key Laboratory of Aquatic Biodiversity and Conservation, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430072, China
4School of Life Science, South China Normal University, Guangzhou 510631, China
5Faculty of Education and Human Sciences, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi 400-8510, Japan
Received 1 March 2013; Accepted 7 August 2013
Academic Editor: William Piel
Copyright © 2013 Keun-Yong Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Banarescu and T. T. Nalbant, Pisces, Teleostei, Cyprinidae (Gobioninae), vol. 93 of Das Tierreich Lieferung, 1973.
- Y. Chen, X. Chu, Y. Luo et al., Fauna Sinica: Osteichthyes Cypriniformes II, Science Press, Beijing, China, 1998, (Chinese).
- T. Nakabo, Fishes of Japan with Pictorial Keys to the Species, Tokai University Press, Tokyo, Japan, 2002.
- I.-S. Kim, Y. Choi, C.-L. Lee, Y.-J. Lee, B.-J. Kim, and J.-H. Kim, Illustrated Book of Korean Fishes, Kyohak Publishing, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2005, (Korean).
- M. Nowak, J. Koščo, and W. Popek, “Review of the current status of systematics of gudgeons (Gobioninae, Cyprinidae) in Europe,” AACL Bioflux, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 27–38, 2008.
- K. DePing, C. GuiHua, and Y. JunXing, “Threatened fishes of the world: Pseudorasbora elongata Wu, 1939 (Cyprinidae),” Environmental Biology of Fishes, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 69–70, 2006.
- Z. Xiao, Z.-H. Lan, and X.-L. Chen, “A new species of the genus Pseudorasbora from Guangdong Province, China (Cypriniformes, Cyprinidae),” Acta Zootaxonomica Sinica, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 977–980, 2007.
- A. Witkowski, “NOBANIS—Invasive Alien Species Fact Sheet—Pseudorasbora parva—From: Online Database of the North European and Baltic Network on Invasive Alien Species—NOBANIS,” 2006, http://www.nobanis.org.
- R. E. Gozlan, D. Andreou, T. Asaeda et al., “Pan-continental invasion of Pseudorasbora parva: towards a better understanding of freshwater fish invasions,” Fish and Fisheries, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 315–340, 2010.
- H.-J. Rim, “Clonorchiasis in Korea,” Korean Journal of Parasitology, vol. 28, supplement, pp. 63–78, 1990.
- R. E. Gozlan, S. St.-Hilaire, S. W. Feist, P. Martin, and M. L. Kent, “Biodiversity: disease threat to European fish,” Nature, vol. 435, no. 7045, p. 1046, 2005.
- S. M. Herzenstein, “Ichthyologische Bemerkungen aus dem Zoologischen Museum der Kaiserlichen Akademie Wissenschaften. III,” Mélanges Biologiques, Tirés du Bulletin Physico-Mathématique de l'Académie Impériale des Sciences de St. Pétersbourg, vol. 13, part 2, pp. 219–235, 1892.
- T. Mori, “Descriptions of two new genera and seven new species of Cyprinidae from Chosen,” Annotations of Zoologicae Japonenses, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 161–181, 1935.
- K. C. Choi, “On the geographical distribution of freshwater fishes south of DMZ in Korea,” Korean Journal of Limnology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 29–36, 1973 (Korean).
- S. R. Jeon, “Ecological studies on the Pseudopungtungia nigra from Korea,” Korean Journal of Limnology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 33–46, 1977 (Korean).
- I.-S. Kim and J.-Y. Park, Freshwater Fishes of Korea, Kyohak Publishing, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2002, (Korean).
- J. Yang, S. He, J. Freyhof, K. Witte, and H. Liu, “The phylogenetic relationships of the Gobioninae (Teleostei: Cyprinidae) inferred from mitochondrial cytochrome b gene sequences,” Hydrobiologia, vol. 553, no. 1, pp. 255–266, 2006.
- E.-J. Kang, Phylogenetic study on the subfamily gobioninae (Pisces: Cyprinidae) from Korea as evidenced by their comparative osteology and myology [Ph.D. thesis], Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Republic of Korea, 1991, (Korean).
- M. Konishi and K. Takata, “Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite DNA markers in topmouth gudgeon, Pseudorasbora (Teleostei: Cyprinidae),” Molecular Ecology Notes, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 64–66, 2004.
- K. Watanabe, K. Iguchi, K. Hosoya, and M. Nishida, “Phylogenetic relationships of the Japanese minnows, Pseudorasbora (Cyprinidae), as inferred from mitochondrial 16S rRNA gene sequences,” Ichthyological Research, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 43–50, 2000.
- H. Z. Liu, J. Q. Yang, and Q. Y. Tang, “Estimated evolutionary tempo of East Asian gobionid fishes (Teleostei: Cyprinidae) from mitochondrial DNA sequence data,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 55, no. 15, pp. 1501–1510, 2010.
- V. Šlechtová, J. Bohlen, and A. Perdices, “Molecular phylogeny of the freshwater fish family Cobitidae (Cypriniformes: Teleostei): delimitation of genera, mitochondrial introgression and evolution of sexual dimorphism,” Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 812–831, 2008.
- X. Wang, J. Li, and S. He, “Molecular evidence for the monophyly of East Asian groups of Cyprinidae (Teleostei: Cypriniformes) derived from the nuclear recombination activating gene 2 sequences,” Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 157–170, 2007.
- W.-J. Chen, M. Miya, K. Saitoh, and R. L. Mayden, “Phylogenetic utility of two existing and four novel nuclear gene loci in reconstructing tree of life of ray-finned fishes: the order Cypriniformes (Ostariophysi) as a case study,” Gene, vol. 423, no. 2, pp. 125–134, 2008.
- R. L. Mayden, K. L. Tang, R. M. Wood et al., “Inferring the tree of life of the order Cypriniformes, the earth's most diverse clade of freshwater fishes: implications of varied taxon and character sampling,” Journal of Systematics and Evolution, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 424–438, 2008.
- T. Asahida, T. Kobayashi, K. Saitoh, and I. Nakayama, “Tissue preservation and total DNA extraction from fish stored at ambient temperature using buffers containing high concentration of urea,” Fisheries Science, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 727–730, 1996.
- K.-Y. Kim and I.-C. Bang, “Molecular phylogenetic position of Abbottina springeri (Cypriniformes, Cyprinidae) based on nucleotide sequences of RAG1 gene,” Korean Journal of Ichthyology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 273–278, 2010.
- T. A. Hall, “BioEdit: a user-friendly biological sequence alignment editor and analysis program for Windows 95/98/NT,” Nucleic Acids Symposium Series, no. 41, pp. 95–98, 1999.
- K. Saitoh, T. Sado, R. L. Mayden et al., “Mitogenomic evolution and interrelationships of the Cypriniformes (Actinopterygii: Ostariophysi): the first evidence toward resolution of higher-level relationships of the world's largest freshwater fish clade based on 59 whole mitogenome sequences,” Journal of Molecular Evolution, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 826–841, 2006.
- A. Stamatakis, “RAxML-VI-HPC: maximum likelihood-based phylogenetic analyses with thousands of taxa and mixed models,” Bioinformatics, vol. 22, no. 21, pp. 2688–2690, 2006.
- A. Stamatakis, P. Hoover, and J. Rougemont, “A rapid bootstrap algorithm for the RAxML web servers,” Systematic Biology, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 758–771, 2008.
- F. Ronquist and J. P. Huelsenbeck, “MrBayes 3: bayesian phylogenetic inference under mixed models,” Bioinformatics, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1572–1574, 2003.
- J. A. A. Nylander, MrModeltest v2.2, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden, 2004.
- D. L. Swofford, “PAUP*: Phylogenetic Analysis Using Parsimony (*and Other Methods),” ver.4, Sinauer Associates, Sunderland, UK, 2002.
- I.-S. Kim and E.-J. Kang, “Comparative study on the urohyal of the subfamily Gobioninae of Korea,” Korean Journal of Ichthyology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 24–34, 1989 (Korean).
- A. M. Naseka, “Comparative study on the vertebral column in the Gobioninae (Cyprinidae, Pisces) with special reference to its systematics,” Publicaciones Especiales Instituto Español de Oceanografía, vol. 21, pp. 149–167, 1996.
- I.-S. Kim, “The taxonomic study of gudgeons of the subfamily Gobioninae (Cyprinidae) in Korea,” Bulletin of Korean Fisheries Society, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 436–448, 1984.
- P. M. Banarescu, “A critical updated checklist of Gobioninae (Pisces, Cyprinidae),” Travaux du Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle “Grigore Antipa”, vol. 32, pp. 303–330, 1992.
- I.-S. Kim, Y. Choi, and J.-H. Shim, “An occurrence of intergeneric hybrid cross, Pungtungia herzi × Pseudopungtungia nigra from the Ungcheon River, Korea,” Korean Journal of Ichthyology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 42–47, 1991.
- J.-S. Kim, I.-S. Kim, and J. W. Shim, “Electrophoretic study on the muscle proteins and systematic relationships of the gudgeons of the subfamily Gobioninae (Cyprinidae) in Korea,” Korean Journal of Limnology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 55–61, 1984.
- P. Banarescu and T. T. Nalbant, “Studies on the systematic of Gobioninae (Pisces, Cyprinidae),” Revue Roumaine de Biologie, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 219–229, 1965.