- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 349542, 7 pages
Spectroscopic Studies on Unfolding Processes of Apo-Neuroglobin Induced by Guanidine Hydrochloride and Urea
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Liaocheng University, No. 1, Hunan Road, Liaocheng 252059, China
Received 18 April 2013; Revised 6 July 2013; Accepted 8 July 2013
Academic Editor: Stefano Curcio
Copyright © 2013 Cui Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Burmester, B. Welch, S. Reinhardt, and T. Hankeln, “A verteblrate globin expressed in the brain,” Nature, vol. 407, no. 6803, pp. 520–523, 2000.
- S. Dewilde, L. Kiger, T. Burmester et al., “Biochemical Characterization and Ligand Binding Properties of Neuroglobin, a Novel Member of the Globin Family,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 276, no. 42, pp. 38949–38955, 2001.
- A. Pesce, S. Dewilde, M. Nardini et al., “Human brain neuroglobin structure reveals a distinct mode of controlling oxygen affinity,” Structure, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 1087–1095, 2003.
- T. Burmester and T. Hankeln, “Commentary what is the function of neuroglobin?” Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 212, no. 10, pp. 1423–1428, 2009.
- G. Acampora and J. Hermans Jr., “Reversible denaturation of sperm whale myoglobin. I. Dependence on temperature, pH, and composition,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 89, no. 7, pp. 1543–1547, 1967.
- E. Bismuto, G. Colonna, and G. Irace, “Unfolding pathway of myoglobin. Evidence for a multistate process,” Biochemistry, vol. 22, no. 18, pp. 4168–4170, 1983.
- G. Irace, E. Bismuto, F. Savy, and G. Colonna, “Unfolding pathway of myoglobin: molecular properties of intermediate forms,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 244, no. 2, pp. 459–469, 1986.
- D. A. Simmons, S. D. Dunn, and L. Konermann, “Conformational dynamics of partially denatured myoglobin studied by time-resolved electrospray mass spectrometry with online hydrogen-deuterium exchange,” Biochemistry, vol. 42, no. 19, pp. 5896–5905, 2003.
- N. Nishii, M. Kataoka, and Y. Goto, “Thermodynamic stability of the molten globule states of apomyoglobin,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 250, no. 2, pp. 223–238, 1995.
- R. A. Staniforth, M. G. Bigotti, F. Cutruzzolà, C. T. Allocatelli, and M. Brunori, “Unfolding of apomyoglobin from Aplysia limacina: the effect of salt and pH on the cooperativity of folding,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 275, no. 1, pp. 133–148, 1998.
- D. Barrick and R. L. Baldwin, “Three-state analysis of sperm whale apomyoglobin folding,” Biochemistry, vol. 32, no. 14, pp. 3790–3796, 1993.
- I. Sirangelo, “Solvent and thermal denaturation of the acidic compact state of apomyoglobin,” FEBS Letters, vol. 338, no. 1, pp. 11–15, 1994.
- J. Mu, L. Li, Y. Guo, Z. Qiu, and X. Tan, “Spectroscopic study on acid-induced unfolding and refolding of apo-neuroglobin,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 1600–1604, 2010.
- L. Li, H. Ji, C. Zhao et al., “Expression, purification and spectra characterization of neuroglobin,” Chinese Science Bulletin, vol. 50, no. 16, pp. 1708–1713, 2005.
- F. Ascoli, M. R. Rossi Fanelli, and E. Antonini, “ Preparation and properties of apohemoglobin and reconstituted hemoglobins,” Methods in Enzymology C., vol. 76, pp. 72–87, 1981.
- H. Edelhoch, “Spectroscopic determination of tryptophan and tyrosine in proteins,” Biochemistry, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 1948–1954, 1967.
- C. N. Pace, “Determination and analysis of urea and guanidine hydrochloride denaturation curves,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 131, pp. 266–280, 1986.
- A. Sułkowska, “Interaction of drugs with bovine and human serum albumin,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 614, no. 1–3, pp. 227–232, 2002.
- Y. Q. Wang, H. M. Zhang, G. C. Zhang et al., “Fluorescence spectroscopic investigation of the interaction between benzidine and bovine hemoglobin,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 886, no. 1–3, pp. 77–84, 2008.
- R. Khurana and J. B. Udgaonkar, “Equilibrium unfolding studies of barstar: evidence for an alternative conformation which resembles a molten globule,” Biochemistry, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 106–115, 1994.
- M. S. Hargrove, “Stability of myoglobin: a model for the folding of heme proteins,” Biochemistry, vol. 33, no. 39, pp. 11767–11775, 1994.
- L. Stryer, “The interaction of a naphthalene dye with apomyoglobin and apohemoglobin. A fluorescent probe of non-polar binding sites,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 482–495, 1965.
- R. A. Staniforth, S. G. Burston, C. J. Smith et al., “The energetics and cooperativity of protein folding: a simple experimental analysis based upon the solvation of internal residues,” Biochemistry, vol. 32, no. 15, pp. 3842–3851, 1993.