- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 350419, 5 pages
Neuroprotective Effects of MicroRNA-210 on Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy
Department of Newborn Infants, Nanjing Children’s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210008, China
Received 22 April 2013; Accepted 11 August 2013
Academic Editor: Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo
Copyright © 2013 Jie Qiu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Ivan, A. L. Harris, F. Martelli, and R. Kulshreshtha, “Hypoxia response and microRNAs: no longer two separate worlds,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1426–1431, 2008.
- S. Y. Chan and J. Loscalzo, “MicroRNA-210: a unique and pleiotropic hypoxamir,” Cell Cycle, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1072–1083, 2010.
- C. Camps, F. M. Buffa, S. Colella et al., “Hsa-miR-210 is induced by hypoxia and is an independent prognostic factor in breast cancer,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1340–1348, 2008.
- K. Jeyaseelan, K. Y. Lim, and A. Armugam, “MicroRNA expression in the blood and brain of rats subjected to transient focal ischemia by middle cerebral artery occlusion,” Stroke, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 959–966, 2008.
- D. Liu, Y. Tian, B. P. Ander et al., “Brain and blood microRNA expression profiling of ischemic stroke, intracerebral hemorrhage, and kainate seizures,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 92–101, 2010.
- P. Fasanaro, Y. D'Alessandra, V. Di Stefano et al., “MicroRNA-210 modulates endothelial cell response to hypoxia and inhibits the receptor tyrosine kinase ligand ephrin-A3,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 283, no. 23, pp. 15878–15883, 2008.
- T. M. Love, H. F. Moffett, and C. D. Novina, “Not miR-ly small RNAs: big potential for microRNAs in therapy,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 121, no. 2, pp. 309–319, 2008.
- J. Weiler, J. Hunziker, and J. Hall, “Anti-miRNA oligonucleotides (AMOs): ammunition to target miRNAs implicated in human disease?” Gene Therapy, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 496–502, 2006.
- U. A. Orom, S. Kauppinen, and A. H. Lund, “LNA-modified oligonucleotides mediate specific inhibition of microRNA function,” Gene, vol. 372, no. 1-2, pp. 137–141, 2006.
- S. Hu, M. Huang, Z. Li et al., “MicroRNA-210 as a novel therapy for treatment of ischemic heart disease,” Circulation, vol. 122, supplement 11, pp. S124–S131, 2010.
- M. R. Pulera, L. M. Adams, H. Liu et al., “Apoptosis in a neonatal rat model of cerebral hypoxia-ischemia,” Stroke, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 2622–2630, 1998.
- A. Giannakakis, R. Sandaltzopoulos, J. Greshock et al., “miR-210 links hypoxia with cell cycle regulation and is deleted in human epithelial ovarian cancer,” Cancer Biology and Therapy, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 255–264, 2008.
- L. Zeng, J. Liu, Y. Wang et al., “MicroRNA-210 as a novel blood biomarker in acute cerebral ischemia,” Frontiers in Bioscience, vol. 3, pp. 1265–1272, 2011.
- E. R. W. van den Tweel, A. Kavelaars, M. S. Lombardi et al., “Bilateral molecular changes in a neonatal rat model of unilateral hypoxic-ischemic brain damage,” Pediatric Research, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 434–439, 2006.
- D. Mu, X. Jiang, R. A. Sheldon et al., “Regulation of hypoxia-inducible factor 1α and induction of vascular endothelial growth factor in a rat neonatal stroke model,” Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 524–534, 2003.
- R. Kulshreshtha, M. Ferracin, S. E. Wojcik et al., “A microRNA signature of hypoxia,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1859–1867, 2007.
- M. Chopp and Y. Li, “Apoptosis in focal cerebral ischemia,” Acta Neurochirurgica, Supplement, vol. 66, pp. 21–26, 1996.
- W. M. Pardridge, “Intravenous, non-viral RNAi gene therapy of brain cancer,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 1103–1113, 2004.
- W. M. Pardridge, “shRNA and siRNA delivery to the brain,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 59, no. 2-3, pp. 141–152, 2007.