- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 359634, 7 pages
Identifying the Association Rules between Clinicopathologic Factors and Higher Survival Performance in Operation-Centric Oral Cancer Patients Using the Apriori Algorithm
1Department of Radiation Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
2Department of Radiation Oncology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
3Cancer Center, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4Department of Chemical Engineering and Institute of Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering, I-Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
5Department of Medical Research, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
6Department of Electronic Engineering, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
7Department of Biomedical Science and Environmental Biology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Received 17 May 2013; Accepted 30 June 2013
Academic Editor: Tsair-Fwu Lee
Copyright © 2013 Jen-Yang Tang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. C. Ko, Y. L. Huang , C. H. Lee , M. J. Chen , L. M. Lin, and C. C. Tsai, “Betel quid chewing, cigarette smoking and alcohol consumption related to oral cancer in Taiwan,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 450–453, 1995.
- Y.-C. Ko, T.-A. Chiang, S.-J. Chang, and S.-F. Hsieh, “Prevalence of betel quid chewing habit in Taiwan and related sociodemographic factors,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 261–264, 1992.
- M.-S. Yang, I.-H. Su, J.-K. Wen, and Y.-C. Ko, “Prevalence and related risk factors of betel quid chewing by adolescent students in southern Taiwan,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 69–71, 1996.
- C.-F. Lin, J.-D. Wang, P.-H. Chen, S.-J. Chang, Y.-H. Yang, and Y.-C. Ko, “Predictors of betel quid chewing behavior and cessation patterns in Taiwan aborigines,” BMC Public Health, vol. 6, article 271, 2006.
- M.-H. Chien, T.-H. Ying, Y.-H. Hsieh et al., “Tumor-associated carbonic anhydrase XII is linked to the growth of primary oral squamous cell carcinoma and its poor prognosis,” Oral Oncology, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 417–423, 2012.
- A. K. Markopoulos, “Current aspects on oral squamous cell carcinoma,” The Open Dentistry Journal, vol. 6, pp. 126–130, 2012.
- I. van der Waal, R. de Bree, R. Brakenhoff, and J.-W. Coebergh, “Early diagnosis in primary oral cancer: is it possible?” Medicina Oral, Patología Oral y Cirugía Bucal, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. e300–e305, 2011.
- C.-Y. Yen, C.-H. Chen, C.-H. Chang et al., “Matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) 1 and MMP10 but not MMP12 are potential oral cancer markers,” Biomarkers, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 244–249, 2009.
- C. Y. Yen, C. Y. Huang, M. F. Hou, et al., “Evaluating the performance of fibronectin 1 (FN1), integrin alpha4beta1 (ITGA4), syndecan-2 (SDC2), and glycoprotein CD44 as the potential biomarkers of oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC),” Biomarkers, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 63–72, 2013.
- C. H. Lee, C. Y. Yen, S. Y. Liu, et al., “Axl is a prognostic marker in oral squamous cell carcinoma,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 19, supplement 3, pp. S500–S508, 2012.
- C.-Y. Yen, S.-Y. Liu, C.-H. Chen et al., “Combinational polymorphisms of four DNA repair genes XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, and XRCC4 and their association with oral cancer in Taiwan,” Journal of Oral Pathology and Medicine, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 271–277, 2008.
- W.-L. Lo, S.-Y. Kao, L.-Y. Chi, Y.-K. Wong, and R. C.-S. Chang, “Outcomes of oral squamous cell carcinoma in Taiwan after surgical therapy: factors affecting survival,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 751–758, 2003.
- J. S. Brown, R. J. Shaw, F. Bekiroglu, and S. N. Rogers, “Systematic review of the current evidence in the use of postoperative radiotherapy for oral squamous cell carcinoma,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 481–489, 2012.
- M. Zhu, Z. Zhang, J. P. Hirdes, and P. Stolee, “Using machine learning algorithms to guide rehabilitation planning for home care clients,” BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, vol. 7, article 41, 2007.
- M. Toussi, J.-B. Lamy, P. Le Toumelin, and A. Venot, “Using data mining techniques to explore physicians' therapeutic decisions when clinical guidelines do not provide recommendations: methods and example for type 2 diabetes,” BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, vol. 9, article 28, 2009.
- Y. J. Hu, T. H. Ku, R. H. Jan, K. Wang, Y. C. Tseng, and S. F. Yang, “Decision tree-based learning to predict patient controlled analgesia consumption and readjustment,” BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, vol. 12, article 131, 2012.
- W. Hwang, Y. Hwang, S. Lee, and D. Lee, “Rule-based multi-scale simulation for drug effect pathway analysis,” BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, vol. 13, supplement 1, p. S4, 2013.
- R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Fast algorithms for mining association rules,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '94), 1994.
- R. Yerushalmi, H. Kennecke, R. Woods, I. A. Olivotto, C. Speers, and K. A. Gelmon, “Does multicentric/multifocal breast cancer differ from unifocal breast cancer? an analysis of survival and contralateral breast cancer incidence,” Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 117, no. 2, pp. 365–370, 2009.
- J.-C. Jan, W.-H. Hsu, S.-A. Liu et al., “Prognostic factors in patients with buccal squamous cell carcinoma: 10-year experience,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 396–404, 2011.
- J. S. Cooper, T. F. Pajak, A. A. Forastiere et al., “Postoperative concurrent radiotherapy and chemotherapy for high-risk squamous-cell carcinoma of the head and neck,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 350, no. 19, pp. 1937–1944, 2004.
- M. Pandey, R. Bindu, and C. S. Soumithran, “Results of primary versus salvage surgery in carcinoma of the buccal mucosa,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 362–367, 2009.