- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 370592, 5 pages
Repeatability and Reproducibility of Measurements Using a NT-530P Noncontact Tono/Pachymeter and Correlation of Central Corneal Thickness with Intraocular Pressure
1Department of Rehabilitation, Orthoptics and Visual Science Course, School of Allied Health Sciences, Kitasato University, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Minamiku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252-0373, Japan
2Department of Ophthalmology, Kitasato University Hospital, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Minamiku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252-0373, Japan
3Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Kitasato University, 1-15-1 Kitasato, Minamiku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252-0373, Japan
Received 21 June 2013; Revised 30 August 2013; Accepted 3 September 2013
Academic Editor: Toshiaki Kubota
Copyright © 2013 Fusako Fujimura et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Ehlers, T. Bramsen, and S. Sperling, “Applanation tonometry and central corneal thickness,” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 34–43, 1975.
- P. J. Foster, J. Baasanhu, P. H. Alsbirk, D. Munkhbayar, D. Uranchimeg, and G. J. Johnson, “Central corneal thickness and intraocular pressure in a Mongolian population,” Ophthalmology, vol. 105, no. 6, pp. 969–973, 1998.
- R. C. W. Wolfs, C. C. W. Klaver, J. R. Vingerling, D. E. Grobbee, A. Hofman, and P. T. V. M. De Jong, “Distribution of central corneal thickness and its association with intraocular pressure: the Rotterdam study,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 767–772, 1997.
- S. Suzuki, Y. Suzuki, A. Iwase, and M. Araie, “Corneal thickness in an ophthalmologically normal Japanese population,” Ophthalmology, vol. 112, no. 8, pp. 1327–1336, 2005.
- H. Burvenich and J. De Clercq, “The combined IOP and CCT measurement in glaucoma screening,” Bulletin de la Société Belge d'Ophtalmologie, vol. 276, pp. 15–18, 2000.
- V. Pueyo, V. Polo, J. M. Larrosa, F. Mayoral, A. Ferreras, and F. M. Honrubia, “Reproducibility of optic nerve head and retinal nerve fiber layer thickness measurements using optical coherence tomography,” Archivos de la Sociedad Espanola de Oftalmologia, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. 205–212, 2006.
- A. K. C. Lam, R. Chan, R. Chiu, and C.-H. Lam, “The validity of a new noncontact tonometer and its comparison with the Goldmann tonometer,” Optometry and Vision Science, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 601–605, 2004.
- K. Yaoeda, M. Shirakashi, A. Fukushima et al., “Measurement of intraocular pressure using the NT-4000: a new non-contact tonometer equipped with pulse synchronous measurement function,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 201–205, 2005.
- S. M. Nam, C. Y. Im, H. K. Lee, E. K. Kim, T.-I. Kim, and K. Y. Seo, “Accuracy of RTVue optical coherence tomography, pentacam, and ultrasonic pachymetry for the measurement of central corneal thickness,” Ophthalmology, vol. 117, no. 11, pp. 2096–2103, 2010.
- K. C. Ogbuehi, “Assessment of the accuracy and reliability of the Topcon CT80 non-contact tonometer,” Clinical and Experimental Optometry, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 310–314, 2006.
- T. M. Almubrad, “Performance of the PT100 noncontact tonometer in healthy eyes,” Clinical Ophthalmology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 661–666, 2011.
- J.-L. Bourges, N. Alfonsi, J.-F. Laliberté et al., “Average 3-dimensional models for the comparison of orbscan II and pentacam pachymetry maps in normal corneas,” Ophthalmology, vol. 116, no. 11, pp. 2064–2071, 2009.
- K. C. Ogbuehi, S. Mucke, and U. L. Osuagwu, “Influence of central corneal thickness on measured intraocular pressure differentials: nidek RKT-7700, Topcon CT-80 NCTs and Goldmann Tonometer,” Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 547–555, 2012.
- H. H. Mark, “Corneal curvature in applanation tonometry,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 223–224, 1973.
- P. Gunvant, M. Baskaran, L. Vijaya et al., “Effecf of corned parameters on measurements using the pulsatile ocular blood flow tonograph and Goldmann applanation tonometer,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 518–522, 2004.
- J. T. Holladay, M. E. Allison, and T. C. Prager, “Goldmann applanation tonometry in patients with regular corneal astigmatism,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 90–93, 1983.
- H. H. Mark and T. L. Mark, “Corneal astigmatism in applanation tonometry,” Eye, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 617–618, 2003.
- J. Liu and C. J. Roberts, “Influence of corneal biomechanical properties on intraocular pressure measurement: quantitative analysis,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 146–155, 2005.
- M. F. Armaly, “Age and sex correction of applanation pressure,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 480–484, 1967.
- B. E. K. Klein, R. Klein, and K. L. P. Linton, “Intraocular pressure in an American community: the beaver dam eye study,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 2224–2228, 1992.
- Y. Shiose, Y. Kitazawa, S. Tsukahara et al., “Epidemiology of glaucoma in Japan. A nationwide glaucoma survey,” Japanese Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 133–155, 1991.
- S. Asrani, R. Zeimer, J. Wilensky, D. Gieser, S. Vitale, and K. Lindenmuth, “Large diurnal fluctuations in intraocular pressure are an independent risk factor in patients with glaucoma,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 134–142, 2000.
- J. H. K. Liu, A. J. Sit, and R. N. Weinreb, “Variation of 24-hour intraocular pressure in healthy individuals: right eye versus left eye,” Ophthalmology, vol. 112, no. 10, pp. 1670–1675, 2005.
- J. H. K. Liu, D. F. Kripke, R. E. Hoffman et al., “Nocturnal elevation of intraocular pressure in young adults,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 39, no. 13, pp. 2707–2712, 1998.
- D. R. Anderson and W. M. Grant, “The influence of position on intraocular pressure,” Investigative ophthalmology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 204–212, 1973.
- A. K. Weber and J. Price, “Pressure differential of intraocular pressure measured between supine and sitting position,” Annals of Ophthalmology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 323–326, 1981.