- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 374967, 6 pages
Evaluation of a New Lipase from Staphylococcus sp. for Detergent Additive Capability
Bioprocess Engineering Laboratory, Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Jaypee University of Information Technology,
Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh 173 234, India
Received 19 April 2013; Revised 31 July 2013; Accepted 9 August 2013
Academic Editor: Kok Tat Tan
Copyright © 2013 Mamta Chauhan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Andualema and A. Gessesse, “Microbial lipases and their industrial applications: review,” Biotechnology, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 100–118, 2012.
- Lomax, K. Hammond, M. Clemente, and R. East, “New entrants in a mature market: an empirical study of the detergent market,” Journal of Product Innovation Management, vol. 14, pp. 61–62, 1997.
- S. Cherif, S. Mnif, F. Hadrich, S. Abdelkafi, and S. Sayadi, “A newly high alkaline lipase: an ideal choice for application in detergent formulations,” Lipids in Health and Disease, vol. 10, p. 221, 2011.
- K. Jellouli, O. Ghorbel-Bellaaj, H. B. Ayed, L. Manni, R. Agrebi, and M. Nasri, “Alkaline-protease from Bacillus licheniformis MP1: purification, characterization and potential application as a detergent additive and for shrimp waste deproteinization,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 1248–1256, 2011.
- K. Saeki, K. Ozaki, T. Kobayashi, and S. Ito, “Detergent alkaline proteases: enzymatic properties, genes, and crystal structures,” Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 501–508, 2007.
- H. Horchani, I. Aissa, S. Ouertani, Z. Zarai, Y. Gargouri, and A. Sayari, “Staphylococcal lipases: biotechnological applications,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis B, vol. 76, pp. 125–132, 2012.
- P. Rathi, R. K. Saxena, and R. Gupta, “A novel alkaline lipase from Burkholderia cepacia for detergent formulation,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 187–192, 2001.
- K. Thirunavukarasu, N. G. Edwinoliver, S. Anbarasan, M. K. Gowthaman, H. Iefuji, and N. R. Kamini, “Removal of triglyceride soil from fabrics by a novel lipase from Cryptococcus sp. S-2,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 701–706, 2008.
- D. Basketter, N. Berg, C. Broekhuizen et al., “Enzymes in cleaning products: an overview of toxicological properties and risk assessment/management,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 117–123, 2012.
- F. Hasan, A. A. Shah, and A. Hameed, “Industrial applications of microbial lipases,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 235–251, 2006.
- M. Chauhan and V. K. Garlapati, “Production and characterization of a halo-, solvent-, thermo tolerant alkaline lipase by Staphylococcus arlettae JPBW-1, isolated from rock salt mine,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2013.
- V. K. Garlapati and R. Banerjee, “Evolutionary and swarm intelligence-based approaches for optimization of lipase extraction from fermented broth,” Engineering in Life Sciences, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 265–273, 2010.
- N. R. Kamini, T. Fujii, T. Kurosu, and H. Iefuji, “Production, purification and characterization of an extracellular lipase from the yeast, Cryptococcus sp. S-2,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 317–324, 2000.
- N. Saisubramanian, N. G. Edwinoliver, N. Nandakumar, N. R. Kamini, and R. Puvanakrishnan, “Efficacy of lipase from Aspergillus niger as an additive in detergent formulations: a statistical approach,” Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 669–676, 2006.
- U. Derewenda, L. Swenson, Y. Wei et al., “Conformational lability of lipases observed in the absence of an oil-water interface: crystallographic studies of enzymes from the fungi Humicola lanuginosa and Rhizopus delemar,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 524–534, 1994.
- C. Hemachander and R. Puvanakrishnan, “Lipase from Ralstonia pickettii as an additive in laundry detergent formulations,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 809–814, 2000.
- R. K. Saxena, W. S. Davidson, A. Sheoran, and B. Giri, “Purification and characterization of an alkaline thermostable lipase from Aspergillus carneus,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 239–247, 2003.
- I. C. Omar, M. Hayashi, and S. Nagai, “Purification and some properties of thermostable lipase from Humicola lanuginosa,” Agricultural Biology and Chemistry, vol. 51, pp. 37–45, 1987.
- K. V. Sajna, R. K. Sukumaran, H. Jayamurthy et al., “Studies on biosurfactants from Pseudozyma sp. NII, 08165 and their potential application as laundry detergent additives,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, vol. 78, pp. 85–92, 2013.
- J. A. C. Flipsen, A. C. M. Appel, H. T. W. M. van der Hijden, and C. T. Verrips, “Mechanism of removal of immobilized triacylglycerol by lipolytic enzymes in a sequential laundry wash process,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 23, no. 3-4, pp. 274–280, 1998.
- S. Grbavčić, D. Bezbradica, L. Izrael-Živković et al., “Production of lipase and protease from an indigenous Pseudomonas aeruginosa strain and their evaluation as detergent additives: compatibility study with detergent ingredients and washing performance,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 102, no. 24, pp. 11226–11233, 2011.
- H. Horchani, H. Mosbah, N. Bensal, Y. Gargouri, and A. Sayari, “Biochemical and molecular characterisation of a thermoactive, alkaline and detergent-stable lipase from a newly isolated Staphylococcus aureus strain,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis B, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 237–245, 2009.
- I. B. Romdhane, A. Fendri, Y. Gargouri, A. Gargouri, and H. Belghith, “A novel thermoactive and alkaline lipase from Talaromyces thermophilus fungus for use in laundry detergents,” Biochemical Engineering Journal, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 112–120, 2010.