- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 376051, 7 pages
The Effect of Chlorpyrifos on Isolated Thoracic Aorta in Rats
1Pharmacology and Toxicology Department, Veterinary Faculty, Kırıkkale University, Yahşihan, 71451 Kırıkkale, Turkey
2Pharmacology and Toxicology Department, Veterinary Faculty, Ankara University, Dışkapı, 06110 Ankara, Turkey
3Pharmacology and Toxicology Department, Veterinary Faculty, Erciyes University, Melikgazi, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
4Pathology Department, Veterinary Faculty, Kırıkkale University, 71451 Kırıkkale, Turkey
5Pathology Department, Veterinary Faculty, Kyrgyzstan-Turkiye Manas University, 720044 Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
6Biochemistry Department, Veterinary Faculty, Kırıkkale University, 71451 Kırıkkale, Turkey
7Physiology Department, Veterinary Faculty, Kırıkkale University, 71451 Kırıkkale, Turkey
Received 9 April 2013; Revised 3 June 2013; Accepted 9 June 2013
Academic Editor: Esmaiel Jabbari
Copyright © 2013 Ebru Yıldırım et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Milatovic, R. C. Gupta, and M. Aschner, “Anticholinesterase toxicity and oxidative stress,” TheScientificWorldJournal, vol. 6, pp. 295–310, 2006.
- D. B. Barr and J. Angerer, “Potential uses of biomonitoring data: a case study using the organophosphorus pesticides chlorpyrifos and malathion,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 114, no. 11, pp. 1763–1769, 2006.
- C. N. Pope, “Organophosphorus pesticides: do they all have the same mechanism of toxicity?” Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health B, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 161–181, 1999.
- A. Goel, V. Dani, and D. K. Dhawan, “Protective effects of zinc on lipid peroxidation, antioxidant enzymes and hepatic histoarchitecture in chlorpyrifos-induced toxicity,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, vol. 156, no. 2-3, pp. 131–140, 2005.
- T. A. Slotkin, C. A. Oliver, and F. J. Seidler, “Critical periods for the role of oxidative stress in the developmental neurotoxicity of chlorpyrifos and terbutaline, alone or in combination,” Developmental Brain Research, vol. 157, no. 2, pp. 172–180, 2005.
- U. Förstermann, “Nitric oxide and oxidative stress in vascular disease,” Pflugers Archiv-European Journal of Physiology, vol. 459, no. 6, pp. 923–939, 2010.
- F. Violi, R. Marino, M. T. Milite, and L. Loffredo, “Nitric oxide and its role in lipid peroxidation,” Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews, vol. 15, pp. 283–288, 1999.
- M. Rajeswara Rao, V. K. Kanji, and V. Sekhar, “Pesticide induced changes of nitric oxide synthase in rat brain in vitro,” Drug and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 411–420, 1999.
- A. Y. W. Chang, J. Y. H. Chan, F. J. Kao, C. M. Huang, and S. H. H. Chan, “Engagement of inducible nitric oxide synthase at the rostral ventrolateral medulla during mevinphos intoxication in the rat,” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 475–483, 2001.
- N. Çetin, E. Çetin, G. Eraslan, and A. Bilgili, “Chlorpyrifos induces cardiac dysfunction in rabbits,” Research in Veterinary Science, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 405–408, 2007.
- T. A. Slotkin, C. A. Tate, M. M. Cousins, and F. J. Seidler, “Imbalances emerge in cardiac autonomic cell signaling after neonatal exposure to terbutaline or chlorpyrifos, alone or in combination,” Developmental Brain Research, vol. 160, no. 2, pp. 219–230, 2005.
- C. J. Gordon and B. K. Padnos, “Prolonged elevation in blood pressure in the unrestrained rat exposed to chlorpyrifos,” Toxicology, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2000.
- E. G. Smith and C. J. Gordon, “The effects of chlorpyrifos on blood pressure and temperature regulation in spontaneously hypertensive rats,” Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, vol. 96, no. 6, pp. 503–511, 2005.
- T. Yavuz, N. Delibas, B. Yildirim et al., “Vascular wall damage in rats induced by organophosphorus insecticide methidathion,” Toxicology Letters, vol. 155, no. 1, pp. 59–64, 2005.
- L. S. Katz and J. K. Marquis, “Modulation of central muscarinic receptor binding in vitro by ultralow levels of the organophosphate paraoxon,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 114–123, 1989.
- N. M. S. Bakry, A. H. El-Rashidy, A. T. Eldefrawi, and M. E. Eldefrawi, “Direct actions of organophosphate anticholinesterases on nicotinic and muscarinic acetylcholine receptors,” Journal of Biochemical Toxicology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 235–259, 1988.
- S. L. Lim, M. K. Sim, and W. K. Loke, “Acetylcholinesterase-independent action of diisopropyl-flurophosphate in the rat aorta,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 404, no. 3, pp. 353–359, 2000.
- N. Aly, K. El-Gendy, F. Mahmoud, and A. K. El-Sebae, “Protective effect of vitamin C against chlorpyrifos oxidative stress in male mice,” Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 7–12, 2010.
- S. A. Mansour and A. T. H. Mossa, “Lipid peroxidation and oxidative stress in rat erythrocytes induced by chlorpyrifos and the protective effect of zinc,” Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 34–39, 2009.
- R. S. Verma, A. Mehta, and N. Srivastava, “In vivo chlorpyrifos induced oxidative stress: attenuation by antioxidant vitamins,” Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, vol. 88, no. 2, pp. 191–196, 2007.
- M. A. Çetinkaya and E. Baydan, “Investigation of in vitro effects of ethephon and chlorpyrifos, either alone or in combination, on rat intestinal muscle contraction,” Interdisciplinary Toxicology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 35–39, 2010.
- A. Aydın, H. Orhan, A. Sayal, M. Özata, G. Şahin, and A. Işımer, “Oxidative stress and nitric oxide related parameters in type II diabetes mellitus: effects of glycemic control,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 65–70, 2001.
- R. A. Macia, W. D. Matthews, J. Lafferty, and R. M. DeMarinis, “Assessment of alpha-adrenergic receptor subtypes in isolated rat aortic segments,” Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology, vol. 325, no. 4, pp. 306–309, 1984.
- A. B. Ebeigbe and P. I. Campbell, “Inhibitory effect of dichlorvos on arterial smooth muscle contraction,” Pharmacological Research Communications, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 283–291, 1986.
- H. Karagül, A. Altıntaş, U. R. Fidancı, and T. Sel, “Karaciğer fonksiyonları,” in Klinik Biyokimya, pp. 125–158, Medisan, Ankara, Turkey, 1st edition, 2000.
- S. A. Mansour and A. T. H. Mossa, “Oxidative damage, biochemical and histopathological alterations in rats exposed to chlorpyrifos and the antioxidant role of zinc,” Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 14–23, 2010.
- S. Ncibi, M. Ben Othman, A. Akacha, M. N. Krifi, and L. Zourgui, “Opuntia ficus indica extract protects against chlorpyrifos-induced damage on mice liver,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 797–802, 2008.
- S. A. Mansour and A. H. Mossa, “Comparative effects of some insecticides as technical and formulated on male albino rats,” Journal of Egyption Society of Toxicology, vol. 32, pp. 41–54, 2005.
- F. N. Bebe and M. Panemangalore, “Exposure to low doses of endosulfan and chlorpyrifos modifies endogenous antioxidants in tissues of rats,” Journal of Environmental Science and Health B, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 349–363, 2003.
- S. R. Mortensen, M. J. Hooper, and S. Padilla, “Rat brain acetylcholinesterase activity: developmental profile and maturational sensitivity to carbamate and organophosphorus inhibitors,” Toxicology, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 13–19, 1998.
- B. Wielgomas and J. Krechniak, “Effect of α-cypermethrin and chlorpyrifos in a 28-day study on free radical parameters and cholinesterase activity in wistar rats,” Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 91–95, 2007.
- B. Guvenc Tuna, N. Ozturk, U. Comelekoglu, and B. C. Yilmaz, “Effects of organophosphate insecticides on mechanical properties of rat aorta,” Physiological Research, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 39–46, 2011.
- J. F. Zhou, G. B. Xu, and W. J. Fang, “Relationship between acute organophosphorus pesticide poisoning and damages induced by free radicals,” Biomedical and Environmental Sciences, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 177–186, 2002.
- H. Alp, I. Aytekin, N. K. Hatipoglu, A. Alp, and M. Ogun, “Effects of sulforophane and curcumin on oxidative stress created by acute malathion toxicity in rats,” European Review For Medical and Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 144–148, 2012.
- K. Soltaninejad, S. Shadnia, M. Afkhami-Taghipour, R. Saljooghi, A. Mohammadirad, and M. Abdollahi, “Blood β-glucuronidase as a suitable biomarker at acute exposure of severe organophosphorus poisoning in human,” Human and Experimental Toxicology, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 963–966, 2007.
- Y. B. Kim, G. H. Hur, S. Shin, D. E. Sok, J. K. Kang, and Y. S. Lee, “Organophosphate-induced brain injuries: delayed apoptosis mediated by nitric oxide,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 147–152, 1999.
- M. Kanbur, B. C. Liman, G. Eraslan, and S. Altinordulu, “Effects of cypermethrin, propetamphos, and combination involving cypermethrin and propetamphos on lipid peroxidation in mice,” Environmental Toxicology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 473–479, 2008.
- S. Kaya and A. Ünsal, “İlaçların etkileri,” in Veteriner Uygulamalı Farmakoloji, S. Kaya, İ. Pirinçci, and A. Bilgili, Eds., pp. 125–173, Medisan, Ankara, Turkey, 2nd edition, 2000.
- F. Benzer and S. Ozan, “Fasciola hepatica ile enfekte koyunlarda lipid peroksidasyonu, antioksidan enzimler ve nitrik oksit düzeyleri,” Turkish Journal of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, vol. 27, pp. 657–661, 2003.
- A. Kılınç and K. Kılınç, Nitrik oksit, biyolojik fonksiyonları ve toksik etkileri, Palme Yayıncılık, Ankara, Turkey, 2003.
- B. Tunçtan and N. Abacıoğlu, “Biyolojik örneklerde nitrik oksit ölçümü: diazotizasyon yöntemi,” Farmasötik Bilimler Dergisi, vol. 23, pp. 161–170, 1998.