- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 382063, 7 pages
Enzymes Inhibition and Antidiabetic Effect of Isolated Constituents from Dillenia indica
1Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana 136119, India
2Department of Pharmacy, School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, Central University of Rajasthan, Ajmer 305801, India
Received 11 April 2013; Revised 24 September 2013; Accepted 25 September 2013
Academic Editor: Ronald E. Baynes
Copyright © 2013 Sunil Kumar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Wild, G. Roglic, A. Green, R. Sicree, and H. King, “Global prevalence of diabetes: estimates for the year 2000 and projections for 2030,” Diabetes Care, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1047–1053, 2004.
- M. B. Narkhede, “Investigation of in vitro α-amylase and α-glucosidase inhibitory activity of polyherbal extract,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 97–103, 2011.
- M. I. Kotowaroo, M. F. Mahomoodally, A. Gurib-Fakim, and A. H. Subratty, “Screening of traditional antidiabetic medicinal plants of Mauritius for possible α-amylase inhibitory effects in vitro,” Phytotherapy Research, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 228–231, 2006.
- Y.-I. I. Kwon, D. A. Vattem, and K. Shetty, “Evaluation of clonal herbs of Lamiaceae species for management of diabetes and hypertension,” Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 107–118, 2006.
- H. E. Lebovitz, “Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors,” Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 539–551, 1997.
- O. L. Franco, D. J. Rigden, F. R. Melo, and M. F. Grossi-de-Sá, “Plant α-amylase inhibitors and their interaction with insect α-amylases: structure, function and potential for crop protection,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 269, no. 2, pp. 397–412, 2002.
- S. Kumar, S. Narwal, V. Kumar, and O. Prakash, “α-glucosidase inhibitors from plants: a natural approach to treat diabetes,” Pharmacognosy Reviews, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 19–29, 2011.
- B. A. Chopade, S. Ghosh, M. Ahire et al., “Antidiabetic activity of gnidia glauca and dioscorea bulbifera: potent amylase and glucosidase inhibitors,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 929051, 10 pages, 2012.
- K. R. Kritikar and B. D. Basu, Indian Medicinal Plants, vol. 1, Oriental Enterprizes, Dehradun, India, 2003.
- H. K. Sharma, L. Chhangte, and A. K. Dolui, “Traditional medicinal plants in Mizoram, India,” Fitoterapia, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 146–161, 2001.
- M. H. Abdille, R. P. Singh, G. K. Jayaprakasha, and B. S. Jena, “Antioxidant activity of the extracts from Dillenia indica fruits,” Food Chemistry, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 891–896, 2005.
- D. S. Bhakuni, M. L. Dhar, M. M. Dhar, B. N. Dhawan, and B. N. Mehrotra, “Screening of Indian plants for biological activity. II,” Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 250–262, 1969.
- S. B. Yeshwante, A. R. Juvekar, D. M. Nagmoti et al., “Anti-inflammatory activity of methanolic extracts of Dillenia indica L. leaves,” Journal of Young Pharmacist, vol. 1, pp. 63–66, 2009.
- A. S. Apu, M. A. Muhit, S. M. Tareq, A. H. Pathan, A. T. M. Jamaluddin, and M. Ahmed, “Antimicrobial activity and brine shrimp lethality bioassay of the leaves extract of Dillenia indica linn,” Journal of Young Pharmacists, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 50–53, 2010.
- S. K. Sood, R. Bhardwaj, and T. N. Lakhanpal, Ethnic Indian Plants in Cure of Diabetes, Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, 2005.
- S. Kumar, V. Kumar, and Om Prakash, “Free Radicals scavenging effect of Dillenia indica leaves,” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biological Research, vol. 2, pp. 169–173, 2011.
- S. Kumar, V. Kumar, and O. Prakash, “Antidiabetic, hypolipidemic and histopathological analysis of Dillenia indica (L.) leaves extract on alloxan induced diabetic rats,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 347–352, 2011.
- S. Kumar, V. Kumar, and O. Prakash, “Antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic effects of Dillenia indica (L.) leaves extract,” Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 373–378, 2011.
- S. Kumar, V. Kumar, and O. Prakash, “Antidiabetic and hypolipidemic activities of Dillenia indica extract in diabetic rats,” Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 570–574, 2011.
- C. Hansawasdi, J. Kawabata, and T. Kasai, “α-amylase inhibitors from roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa Linn.) tea,” Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 1041–1043, 2000.
- J.-S. Kim, J. Yang, and M.-J. Kim, “Alpha glucosidase inhibitory effect, anti-microbial activity and UPLC analysis of Rhus verniciflua under various extract conditions,” Journal of Medicinal Plant Research, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 778–783, 2011.
- R. Barik, S. Jain, D. Qwatra, A. Joshi, G. Tripathi, and R. Goyal, “Antidiabetic activity of aqueous root extract of Ichnocarpus frutescens in streptozotocin-nicotinamide induced type-II diabetes in rats,” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 19–22, 2008.
- A. Kimura, J.-H. Lee, I.-S. Lee et al., “Two potent competitive inhibitors discriminating α-glucosidase family I from family II,” Carbohydrate Research, vol. 339, no. 6, pp. 1035–1040, 2004.
- A. Junod, A. E. Lambert, W. Stauffacher, and A. E. Renold, “Diabetogenic action of streptozotocin: relationship of dose to metabolic response,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 2129–2139, 1969.