- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 385087, 9 pages
Detection of EGFR Mutations by TaqMan Mutation Detection Assays Powered by Competitive Allele-Specific TaqMan PCR Technology
1Laboratory of Pharmacogenomics, Centro di Ricerche Oncologiche di Mercogliano (CROM), Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori “Fondazione Giovanni Pascale”(IRCCS), 83013 Mercogliano, Italy
2Cell Biology and Biotherapy Unit, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori “Fondazione Giovanni Pascale”(IRCCS), 80131 Naples, Italy
3Surgical Pathology Unit, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori “Fondazione Giovanni Pascale”(IRCCS), 80131 Naples, Italy
4Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Università “La Sapienza”, 00189 Rome, Italy
5Department of Surgery “A. Valdoni”, Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Università “La Sapienza”, 00161 Rome, Italy
6Medical Oncology Unit, SS Annunziata Hospital, 74123 Taranto, Italy
7Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Thoracic Surgical and Medical Oncology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori “Fondazione Giovanni Pascale”(IRCCS), 80131 Naples, Italy
Received 30 August 2013; Accepted 4 October 2013
Academic Editor: Franco M. Buonaguro
Copyright © 2013 Cristin Roma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. A. Garraway, “Genomics-driven oncology: framework for an emerging paradigm,” Journal Clinical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 15, pp. 1806–1814, 2013.
- R. Dienstmann, J. Rodon, J. Barretina, and J. Tabernero, “Genomic medicine frontier in human solid tumors: prospects and challenges,” Journal Clinical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 15, pp. 1874–1884, 2013.
- N. Normanno, A. M. Rachiglio, C. Roma et al., “Molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine in oncology: challenges and opportunities,” Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, vol. 114, no. 3, pp. 514–524, 2013.
- A. Rossi, R. Pasquale, C. Esposito, and N. Normanno, “Should epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors be considered ideal drugs for the treatment of selected advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients?” Cancer Treatment Reviews, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 489–497, 2013.
- A. De Luca and N. Normanno, “Predictive biomarkers to tyrosine kinase inhibitors for the epidermal growth factor receptor in non-small-cell lung cancer,” Current Drug Targets, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 851–864, 2010.
- S. V. Sharma, D. W. Bell, J. Settleman, and D. A. Haber, “Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in lung cancer,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 169–181, 2007.
- A. Marchetti, N. Normanno, C. Pinto et al., “Recommendations for mutational analysis of ECFR in lung carcinoma,” Pathologica, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 119–126, 2010.
- A. Warth, R. Penzel, R. Brandt et al., “Optimized algorithm for Sanger sequencing-based EGFR mutation analyses in NSCLC biopsies,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 460, no. 4, pp. 407–414, 2012.
- G. Ellison, G. Zhu, A. Moulis, S. Dearden, G. Speake, and R. McCormack, “EGFR mutation testing in lung cancer: a review of available methods and their use for analysis of tumour tissue and cytology samples,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 79–89, 2013.
- A. Didelot, D. Le Corre, A. Luscan et al., “Competitive allele specific TaqMan PCR for KRAS, BRAF and EGFR mutation detection in clinical formalin fixed paraffin embedded samples,” Experimental and Molecular Pathology, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 275–280, 2012.
- P. Carotenuto, C. Roma, A. M. Rachiglio et al., “Detection of KRAS mutations in colorectal carcinoma patients with an integrated PCR/sequencing and real-time PCR approach,” Pharmacogenomics, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 1169–1179, 2010.
- R. Rosell, T. Moran, C. Queralt et al., “Screening for epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in lung cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 361, no. 10, pp. 958–967, 2009.
- K. Goto, M. Satouchi, G. Ishii et al., “An evaluation study of EGFR mutation tests utilized for non-small-cell lung cancer in the diagnostic setting,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 2914–2919, 2012.
- C. L. Coghlin, L. J. Smith, S. Bakar et al., “Quantitative analysis of tumor in bronchial biopsy specimens,” Journal of Thoracic Oncology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 448–452, 2010.
- H. Bai, Z. Wang, K. Chen et al., “Influence of chemotherapy on EGFR mutation status among patients with non-small-cell lung cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 25, pp. 3077–3083, 2012.
- N. Normanno, C. Pinto, G. Taddei et al., “Results of the first Italian External Quality Assurance Scheme for somatic EGFR mutation testing in non-small-cell lung cancer,” Journal of Thoracic Oncology, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 773–778, 2013.
- R. Penzel, C. Sers, Y. Chen et al., “EGFR mutation detection in NSCLC—assessment of diagnostic application and recommendations of the German Panel for Mutation Testing in NSCLC,” Virchows Archiv, vol. 458, no. 1, pp. 95–98, 2011.
- Q. Zhou, X.-C. Zhang, Z.-H. Chen et al., “Relative abundance of EGFR mutations predicts benefit from gefitinib treatment for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 29, no. 24, pp. 3316–3321, 2011.