- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 387184, 8 pages
Meta-Analysis of Cytokine Gene Polymorphisms and Outcome of Heart Transplantation
1Section for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University,
Bangkok 10400, Thailand
2Department of Surgery, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
3Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW 2300, Australia
4Department of Biostatistics, Faculty of Public Health, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Received 11 April 2013; Revised 26 June 2013; Accepted 26 June 2013
Academic Editor: Robin Vos
Copyright © 2013 Sasitorn Yongcharoen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. M. Colhoun, P. M. McKeigue, and G. D. Smith, “Problems of reporting genetic associations with complex outcomes,” The Lancet, vol. 361, no. 9360, pp. 865–872, 2003.
- D. O. Taylor, L. B. Edwards, M. M. Boucek et al., “Registry of the international society for heart and lung transplantation: twenty-fourth official adult heart transplant report—2007,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 769–781, 2007.
- R. L. Benza, C. S. Coffey, D. M. Pekarek et al., “Transforming growth factor-beta polymorphisms and cardiac allograft rejection,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1057–1062, 2009.
- A. Thakkinstian, S. Dmitrienko, M. Gerbase-DeLima et al., “Association between cytokine gene polymorphisms and outcomes in renal transplantation: a meta-analysis of individual patient data,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 3017–3023, 2008.
- S. Rattanasiri, D. O. McDaniel, M. McEvoy, et al., “The association between cytokine gene polymorphisms and graft rejection in liver transplantation: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Transplant Immunology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 62–70, 2013.
- F. J. Bijlsma, A. A. Van der Horst, M. G. J. Tilanus et al., “No association between transforming growth factor β gene polymorphism and acute allograft rejection after cardiac transplantation,” Transplant Immunology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 43–47, 2002.
- S. Di Filippo, A. Zeevi, K. K. McDade, O. Bastien, and S. A. Webber, “Impact of TGFβ1 gene polymorphisms on acute and chronic rejection in pediatric heart transplant allografts,” Transplantation, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 934–939, 2006.
- I. S. Gourley, D. Denofrio, W. Rand, S. Desai, E. Loh, and M. Kamoun, “The effect of recipient cytokine gene polymorphism on cardiac transplantation outcome,” Human Immunology, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 248–254, 2004.
- D. O. McDaniel, D. P. Roten, S. Z. Yamout et al., “Cytokine gene polymorphism might affect the outcome of clinical rejection in cardiac transplantation,” Journal of Applied Research, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 68–80, 2004.
- D. M. Plaza, D. Fernández, M. Builes, A. Villegas, and L. F. García, “Cytokine gene polymorphisms in heart transplantation: association of low IL-10 production genotype with quilty effect,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 851–856, 2003.
- M. Azzawi, P. S. Hasleton, D. M. Turner et al., “Tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene polymorphism and death due to acute cellular rejection in a subgroup of heart transplant recipients,” Human Immunology, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 140–142, 2001.
- D. M. Girnita, M. M. Brooks, S. A. Webber et al., “Genetic polymorphisms impact the risk of acute rejection in pediatric heart transplantation: a multi-institutional study,” Transplantation, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 1632–1639, 2008.
- M. Azzawi, P. S. Hasleton, and I. V. Hutchinson, “TNF-α in acute cardiac transplant rejection,” Cytokines, Cellular and Molecular Therapy, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 41–49, 1999.
- R. J. Duquesnoy and A. J. Demetris, “Immunopathology of cardiac transplant rejection,” Current Opinion in Cardiology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 193–206, 1995.
- S. A. Webber, G. J. Boyle, S. Gribar et al., “Polymorphisms in cytokine genes do not predict progression to end-stage heart failure in children,” Cardiology in the Young, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 461–464, 2002.
- M. R. Awad, S. Webber, G. Boyle et al., “The effect of cytokine gene polymorphisms on pediatric heart allograft outcome,” The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 625–630, 2001.
- M. E. Billingham, N. R. B. Cary, M. E. Hammond et al., “A working formulation for the standardization of nomenclature in the diagnosis of heart and lung rejection: heart rejection study group,” The Journal of Heart Transplantation, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 587–592, 1990.
- A. Thakkinstian, G. J. McKay, M. McEvoy et al., “Systematic review and meta-analysis of the association between complement component 3 and age-related macular degeneration: a HuGE review and meta-analysis,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 173, no. 12, pp. 1365–1369, 2011.
- D. J. Schaid and S. J. Jacobsen, “Biased tests of association: comparisons of allele frequencies when departing from Hardy-Weinberg proportions,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 149, no. 8, pp. 706–711, 1999.
- A. Thakkinstian, P. Han, M. McEvoy et al., “Systematic review and meta-analysis of the association between complementary factor H Y402H polymorphisms and age-related macular degeneration,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 15, no. 18, pp. 2784–2790, 2006.
- A. Thakkinstian, M. McEvoy, C. Minelli et al., “Systematic review and meta-analysis of the association between β2-adrenoceptor polymorphisms and asthma: a HuGE review,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 162, no. 3, pp. 201–211, 2005.
- R. Bender and S. Lange, “Adjusting for multiple testing—when and how?” Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 343–349, 2001.
- C. Minelli, J. R. Thompson, K. R. Abrams, A. Thakkinstian, and J. Attia, “The choice of a genetic model in the meta-analysis of molecular association studies,” International Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1319–1328, 2005.
- G. Salanti, S. Sanderson, and J. P. T. Higgins, “Obstacles and opportunities in meta-analysis of genetic association studies,” Genetics in Medicine, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 13–20, 2005.
- A. Thakkinstian, J. R. Thompson, C. Minelli, and J. Attia, “Choosing between per-genotype, per-allele, and trend approaches for initial detection of gene-disease association,” Journal of Applied Statistics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 633–646, 2009.