- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 403151, 5 pages
Application of Zero-Inflated Poisson Mixed Models in Prognostic Factors of Hepatitis C
1Department of Basic Sciences, School of Rehabilitation, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
2Department of Biostatistics, School of Paramedical Science, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
3Proteomics Research Center, School of Paramedical Science, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
4Department of Statistics, Yazd University, Yazd, Iran
5Baqiyatallah Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Received 9 April 2013; Revised 25 August 2013; Accepted 28 August 2013
Academic Editor: Roya Kelishadi
Copyright © 2013 Alireza Akbarzadeh Baghban et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Alavian, “Are the real HCV infection features in Iranian patients the same as what is expected?” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 3–5, 2005.
- M. J. Alter, “Epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 13, no. 17, pp. 2436–2441, 2007.
- S. M. Alavian, “Hepatitis C virus infection: epidemiology, risk factors and prevention strategies in public health in I.R.IRAN,” Gastroenterology and Hepatology from Bed to Bench, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 5–14, 2010.
- S.-M. Alavian, “New globally faces of hepatitis B and C in the world,” Gastroenterology and Hepatology from Bed to Bench, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 171–174, 2011.
- S.-M. Alavian, P. Adibi, and M.-R. Zali, “Hepatitis C virus in Iran: epidemiology of an emerging infection,” Archives of Iranian Medicine, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 84–90, 2005.
- S. M. Alavian, K. Bagheri-Lankarani, M. Mahdavi-Mazdeh, and S. Nourozi, “Hepatitis B and C in dialysis units in Iran: changing the epidemiology,” Hemodialysis International, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 378–382, 2008.
- S.-M. Alavian, “We need a new national approach to control hepatitis C: it is becoming too late,” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 165–169, 2008.
- S. M. Alavian, “Optimal therapy for hepatitis C,” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 41–42, 2004.
- M. J. Alter, “Epidemiology of hepatitis C,” Hepatology, vol. 26, no. 3, supplement 1, pp. 62S–5S, 1997.
- S. M. Alavian, K. B. Lankarani, S. H. Aalaei-Andabili et al., “Treatment of chronic hepatitis C infection: update of the recommendations from scientific leader's meeting-28th july 2011-Tehran, IR Iran,” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 703–713, 2011.
- S. M. Alavian, M. Ahmadzad-Asl, K. B. Lankarani, M. A. Shahbabaie, A. B. Ahmadi, and A. Kabir, “Hepatitis C infection in the general population of Iran: a systematic review,” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 211–223, 2009.
- S. Merat, H. Rezvan, M. Nouraie et al., “Seroprevalence of hepatitis C virus: the first population-based study from Iran,” International Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. e113–e116, 2010.
- S. Touzet, L. Kraemer, C. Colin, P. Pradat, D. Lainor, F. Baily, et al., “Epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection in seven European Union countries: a critical analysis of the litreature. HENCORE Group. Hepatitis C European Network for Co-operative Resarch,” European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, vol. 12, pp. 667–678, 2000.
- D. L. Wyles, “Moving beyond interferon alfa: investigational drugs for hepatitis C virus infection,” Topics in HIV Medicine, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 132–136, 2010.
- M. H. Ahmadipour, S. M. Alavian, S. Amini, and K. Azadmanesh, “Hepatitis C virus genotypes,” Hepatitis Monthly, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 77–82, 2003.
- R. S. Brown Jr. and P. J. Caglio, “Scope of worldwide hepatitis C problem,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. S10–S13, 2003.
- S.-J. Hwang, S.-D. Lee, R.-H. Lu et al., “Hepatitis C viral genotype influences the clinical outcome of patients with acute posttransfusion hepatitis C,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 505–509, 2001.
- D. Lambert, “Zero-inflated poisson regression, with an application to defects in manufacturing,” Technometrics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 1992.
- D. Böhning, E. Dietz, P. Schlattmann, L. Mendonça, and U. Kirchner, “The zero-inflated Poisson model and the decayed, missing and filled teeth index in dental epidemiology,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society A, vol. 162, no. 2, pp. 195–209, 1999.
- D. B. Hall, “Zero-inflated poisson and binomial regression with random effects: a case study,” Biometrics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1030–1039, 2000.
- R. Ma, M. T. Hasan, and G. Sneddon, “Modelling heterogeneity in clustered count data with extra zeros using compound Poisson random effect,” Statistics in Medicine, vol. 28, no. 18, pp. 2356–2369, 2009.
- M. T. Hasan, G. Sneddon, and R. Ma, “Pattern-mixture zero-inflated mixed models for longitudinal unbalanced count data with excessive zeros,” Biometrical Journal, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 946–960, 2009.
- R. P. Myers, C. Regimbeau, T. Thevenot et al., “Interferon for interferon naive patients with chronic hepatitis C,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 2, Article ID CD000370, 2002.
- T. Poynard, M.-F. Yuen, V. Ratziu, and C. Lung Lai, “Viral hepatitis C,” The Lancet, vol. 362, no. 9401, pp. 2095–2100, 2003.
- T. Poynard, J. Mchutchison, Z. Goodman, M.-H. Ling, and J. Albrecht, “Is an “a la carte” combination interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin regimen possible for the first line treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis C?” Hepatology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 211–218, 2000.
- M. W. Fried, M. L. Shiffman, K. Rajender Reddy et al., “Peginterferon alfa-2a plus ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C virus infection,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 347, no. 13, pp. 975–982, 2002.
- A. Agresti, An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2007.
- A. Tsubota, N. Shimada, K. Yoshizawa et al., “Contribution of ribavirin transporter gene polymorphism to treatment response in peginterferon plus ribavirin therapy for HCV genotype 1b patients,” Liver International, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 826–836, 2012.
- F. Ionita-Radu, A. Rascanu, and B. Cheiab, “IL28B polymorphism—predictive factor of HCV infected genotype 1 individuals to treatment response and management of therapy,” Romanian Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 99–104, 2011.
- K. Samimi-Rad, R. Nategh, R. Malekzadeh, H. Norder, and L. Magnius, “Molecular epidemiology of hepatitis C virus in Iran as reflected by phylogenetic analysis of the NS5B region,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 74, no. 2, pp. 246–252, 2004.
- P. Ferenci, M. W. Fried, M. L. Shiffman et al., “Predicting sustained virological responses in chronic hepatitis C patients treated with peginterferon alfa-2a (40 KD)/ribavirin,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 425–433, 2005.
- M. P. Manns, J. G. McHutchison, S. C. Gordon et al., “Peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin compared with interferonalfa-2b plus ribavirin for initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C: a randomised trial,” The Lancet, vol. 358, no. 9286, pp. 958–965, 2001.
- S. J. Hadziyannis, H. Sette Jr., T. R. Morgan et al., “Peginterferon-α2a and ribavirin combination therapy in chronic hepatitis C: a randomized study of treatment duration and ribavirin dose,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 140, no. 5, pp. 346–355, 2004.
- D. B. Strader, T. Wright, D. L. Thomas, and L. B. Seeff, “Diagnosis, Management, and Treatment of Hepatitis C,” Hepatology, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 1147–1171, 2004.
- G. C. Farrell, “New hepatitis C guidelines for the Asia-Pacific region: APASL consensus statements on the diagnosis, management and treatment of hepatitis C virus infection,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 607–610, 2007.
- M. L. Shiffman, F. Suter, B. R. Bacon et al., “Peginterferon alfa-2a and ribavirin for 16 or 24 weeks in HCV genotype 2 or 3,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 357, no. 2, pp. 124–134, 2007.
- K. F. Lam, H. Xue, and Y. Bun Cheung, “Semiparametric analysis of zero-inflated count data,” Biometrics, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 996–1283, 2006.
- Y. Min and A. Agresti, “Random effect models for repeated measures of zero-inflated count data,” Statistical Modelling, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 2005.