- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 403491, 12 pages
In Vitro Cytotoxicity and In Vivo Acute and Chronic Toxicity of Xanthii Fructus and Its Processed Product
Yunnan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Kunming, Yunnan 650500, China
Received 27 July 2013; Revised 11 October 2013; Accepted 11 October 2013
Academic Editor: Swaran J. S. Flora
Copyright © 2013 Jie Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. E. De Broe, “Chinese herbs nephropathy and balkan endemic nephropathy: toward a single entity, aristolochic acid nephropathy,” Kidney International, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 513–515, 2012.
- J. S. Li, “6 poisoning cases induced by xanthii fructus,” People's Military Surgeon, vol. 10, pp. 31–32, 1981.
- M. Turgut, C. C. Alhan, M. Gürgöze et al., “Carboxyatractyloside poisoning in humans,” Annals of Tropical Paediatrics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 125–134, 2005.
- W. Q. Su, “Siberian cocklour fruit-induced adverse drug reactions: literature analysis of 95 Cases,” Pharmacy Today, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 44–46, 2008.
- E. S. Gurley, M. Rahman, M. J. Hossain et al., “Fatal outbreak from consuming xanthium strumarium seedlings during time of food scarcity in northeastern Bangladesh,” PloS one, vol. 5, no. 3, article e9756, 2010.
- J. Yu, J. Wang, R. Zhao, Z. Bao, and S. Cai, “Advances in studies of renal adverse reactions of leonurus heterophyllus,” China Journal of Chinese Materia Medica, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1213–1216, 2010.
- J. Wang, C. L. Mo, L. Que, G. Zhaori, and J. Yu, “Advances in studies on adverse effects of xanthii fructus,” Chinese Traditional and Herbal Drugs, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 613–616, 2011.
- J. Yu, J. Xie, X. J. Mao et al., “Hepatoxicity of major constituents and extractions of radix polygoni multiflori and radix polygoni multiflori praeparata,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 1291–1299, 2011.
- Chinese Pharmacopeia Commission, Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China, vol. 1, China Medico-Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Beijing, China, 2010.
- R. Duo, Y. Chen, Y. H. Liu, et al., “Influence of processing on contents of carboxyatractyloside and atractyloside in Xanthii Fructus,” Chinese Traditional Patent Medicine, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 353–356, 2013.
- D. K. Obatomi, N. T. K. Thanh, S. Brant, and P. H. Bach, “The toxic mechanism and metabolic effects of atractyloside in precision-cut pig kidney and liver slices,” Archives of Toxicology, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 524–530, 1998.
- M. J. Ryan, G. Johnson, J. Kirk, S. M. Fuerstenberg, R. A. Zager, and B. Torok-Storb, “HK-2: an immortalized proximal tubule epithelial cell line from normal adult human kidney,” Kidney International, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 48–57, 1994.
- S. Koul, S. Fu, and H. Koul, “Oxalate exposure promotes reinitiation of the DNA synthesis and apoptosis of HK-2 cells, a line of human renal epithelial cells,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1010, pp. 292–295, 2003.
- A. Ortiz, P. Justo, A. Sanz et al., “Tubular cell apoptosis and cidofovir-induced acute renal failure,” Antiviral Therapy, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 185–190, 2005.
- R. A. Zager, “Polyene antibiotics: relative degrees of in vitro cytotoxicity and potential effects on tubule phospholipid and ceramide content,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 238–249, 2000.
- E. M. Scheers, B. Ekwall, and P. J. Dierickx, “In vitro long-term cytotoxicity testing of 27 MEIC chemicals on Hep G2 cells and comparison with acute human toxicity data,” Toxicology in Vitro, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 153–161, 2001.