- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 404361, 13 pages
Acoustic Droplet Vaporization in Biology and Medicine
1Department of Chemical Engineering, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
2Department of Neurosurgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
3Division of Clinical Toxicology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Received 24 July 2013; Revised 17 September 2013; Accepted 3 October 2013
Academic Editor: Mei Tian
Copyright © 2013 Chung-Yin Lin and William G. Pitt. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- William G. Pitt, Ram N. Singh, Krystian X. Perez, Ghaleb A. Husseini, and Daniel R. Jack, “Phase transitions of perfluorocarbon nanoemulsion induced with ultrasound: A mathematical model,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 879–891, 2014.
- Ghaleb A. Husseini, William G. Pitt, and Ana M. Martins, “Ultrasonically triggered drug delivery: Breaking the barrier,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2014.
- Alexander A. Doinikov, Paul S. Sheeran, Ayache Bouakaz, and Paul A. Dayton, “Vaporization dynamics of volatile perfluorocarbon droplets: A theoretical model and in vitro validation,” Medical Physics, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 102901, 2014.
- Per Sontum, Svein Kvåle, Andrew John Healey, Roald Skurtveit, Rira Watanabe, Manabu Matsumura, and Jonny Østensen, “Acoustic Cluster Therapy (ACT) – a novel concept for ultrasound mediated, targeted drug delivery,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2015.
- R. Cavalli, M. Argenziano, E. Vigna, P. Giustetto, E. Torres, S. Aime, and E. Terreno, “Preparation and in vitro characterization of chitosan nanobubbles as theranostic agents,” Colloids And Surfaces B-Biointerfaces, vol. 129, pp. 39–46, 2015.
- James R. Lattin, and William G. Pitt, “Factors Affecting Ultrasonic Release from eLiposomes,” Journal Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 1373–1384, 2015.
- Sinan Li, Shengtao Lin, Yi Cheng, Terry O. Matsunaga, Robert J. Eckersley, and Meng-Xing Tang, “Quantifying Activation of Perfluorocarbon-Based Phase-Change Contrast Agents Using Simultaneous Acoustic and Optical Observation,” Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, 2015.
- Matthieu Guédra, and François Coulouvrat, “A model for acoustic vaporization of encapsulated droplets,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 138, no. 6, pp. 3656–3667, 2015.
- Paul S. Sheeran, Juan D. Rojas, Connor Puett, Jordan Hjelmquist, Christopher B. Arena, and Paul A. Dayton, “Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Imaging and in Vivo Circulatory Kinetics with Low-Boiling-Point Nanoscale Phase-Change Perfluorocarbon Agents,” Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, 2015.
- Ting Si, Guangbin Li, Qiang Wu, Zhiqiang Zhu, Xisheng Luo, and Ronald X. Xu, “Optical droplet vaporization of nanoparticle-loaded stimuli-responsive microbubbles,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 108, no. 11, pp. 111109, 2016.
- Andrew John Healey, Per Christian Sontum, Svein Kvåle, Morten Eriksen, Ragnar Bendiksen, Audun Tornes, and Jonny Østensen, “Acoustic Cluster Therapy: In Vitro and Ex Vivo Measurement of Activated Bubble Size Distribution and Temporal Dynamics,” Ultrasound in Medicine & Biology, 2016.
- Lu-Yan Zhao, Jian-Zhong Zou, Zong-Gui Chen, Shan Liu, Jiao Jiao, and Feng Wu, “ Acoustic Cavitation Enhances Focused Ultrasound Ablation with Phase-Shift Inorganic Perfluorohexane Nanoemulsions: An In Vitro Study Using a Clinical Device ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2016, pp. 1–9, 2016.