- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 409179, 7 pages
A Comparison of the Biological Features of Prostate Cancer with (PSA+, PSMA+) Profile according to RKIP
1Unit of Immunology and Microbiology Environmental and Carcinogenesis (IMEC), Faculty of Sciences of Bizerte, University of Carthage, Zarzouna 7021, Tunisia
2Department of Urology, Hospital of La Rabta, Tunis 1007, Tunisia
Received 20 April 2013; Revised 4 July 2013; Accepted 17 July 2013
Academic Editor: Johbu Itoh
Copyright © 2013 Awatef Ben Jemaa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, F. Bray, M. M. Center, J. Ferlay, E. Ward, and D. Forman, “Global cancer statistics,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 69–90, 2011.
- C. Nabhan, B. Parsons, E. Z. Touloukian, and W. M. Stadler, “Novel approaches and future directions in castrationresistant prostate cancer,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1948–1957, 2011.
- H. Lilja, D. Ulmert, and A. J. Vickers, “Prostate-specific antigen and prostate cancer: prediction, detection and monitoring,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 268–278, 2008.
- S. R. Denmeade, A. M. Mhaka, D. M. Rosen, et al., “Engineering a prostate-specific membrane antigen-activated tumor endothelial cell prodrug for cancer therapy,” Science Translational Medicine, vol. 4, no. 140, Article ID 140ra86, 2012.
- S. R. Denmeade, L. J. Sokoll, S. Dalrymple et al., “Dissociation between androgen responsiveness for malignant growth vs. expression of prostate specific differentiation markers PSA, hK2, and PSMA in human prostate cancer models,” Prostate, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 249–257, 2003.
- T. Inoue and O. Ogawa, “Role of signaling transduction pathways in development of castration-resistant prostate cancer,” Prostate Cancer, vol. 2011, Article ID 647987, 7 pages, 2011.
- P. I. Poulikakos and D. B. Solit, “Resistance to MEK inhibitors: should we co-target upstream?” Science Signaling, vol. 4, no. 166, article pe16, 2011.
- G. Rodríguez-Berriguete, B. Fraile, P. Martínez-Onsurbe, G. Olmedilla, R. Paniagua, and M. Royuela, “MAP kinases and prostate cancer,” Journal of Signal Transduction, vol. 2012, Article ID 169170, 9 pages, 2012.
- L. Zhang, S. Altuwaijri, F. Deng et al., “NF-κB regulates androgen receptor expression and prostate cancer growth,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 175, no. 2, pp. 489–499, 2009.
- Y. Bouraoui, A. Ben Jemaa, G. Rodriguez et al., “Profile of NF-κBp(65/NFκBp50) among prostate specific antigen sera levels in prostatic pathologies,” Pathologie Biologie, vol. 72, pp. 40–50, 2011.
- L. Li, M. M. Ittmann, G. Ayala et al., “The emerging role of the PI3-K-Akt pathway in prostate cancer progression,” Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 108–118, 2005.
- B. D. Manning and L. C. Cantley, “AKT/PKB signaling: navigating downstream,” Cell, vol. 129, no. 7, pp. 1261–1274, 2007.
- L. Zeng, A. Imamoto, and M. R. Rosner, “Raf kinase inhibitory protein (RKIP): a physiological regulator and future therapeutic target,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1275–1287, 2008.
- E. T. Keller, “Role of Raf kinase inhibitor protein in pathophysiology of prostate cancer,” Forum on Immunopathological Diseases and Therapeutics, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 89–94, 2011.
- J. Klysik, S. J. Theroux, J. M. Sedivy, J. S. Moffit, and K. Boekelheide, “Signaling crossroads: the function of Raf kinase inhibitory protein in cancer, the central nervous system and reproduction,” Cellular Signalling, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2008.
- A. Ben Jemaa, Y. Bouraoui, S. Sallami et al., “Co-expression and impact of prostate specific membrane antigen and prostate specific antigen in prostatic pathologies,” Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 171–179, 2010.
- M. Kawakami and J. Nakayama, “Enhanced expression of prostate-specific membrane antigen gene in prostate cancer as revealed by in situ hybridization,” Cancer Research, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 2321–2324, 1997.
- S. Perner, M. D. Hofer, R. Kim et al., “Prostate-specific membrane antigen expression as a predictor of prostate cancer progression,” Human Pathology, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 696–701, 2007.
- Z. Fu, P. C. Smith, L. Zhang et al., “Effects of Raf kinase inhibitor protein expression on suppression of prostate cancer metastasis,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 95, no. 12, pp. 878–889, 2003.
- Z. Fu, Y. Kitagawa, R. Shen et al., “Metastasis suppressor gene Raf kinase inhibitor protein (RKIP) is a novel prognostic marker in prostate cancer,” Prostate, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 248–256, 2006.
- A. K. Rajasekaran, G. Anilkumar, and J. J. Christiansen, “Is prostate-specific membrane antigen a multifunctional protein?” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 288, no. 5, pp. C975–C981, 2005.
- A. Ben Jemaa, S. Sallami, D. Ramarli, M. Colombatti, and R. Oueslati, “The proinflammatory cytokine, IL-6, and its interference with bFGF signaling and PSMA in prostate cancer cells,” Inflammation, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 643–650, 2012.
- A.-M. Carey, R. Pramanik, L. J. Nicholson et al., “Ras-MEK-ERK signaling cascade regulates androgen receptor element-inducible gene transcription and DNA synthesis in prostate cancer cells,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 520–527, 2007.
- H. Tang, S. Park, S.-C. Sun et al., “RKIP inhibits NF-κB in cancer cells by regulating upstream signaling components of the IκB kinase complex,” FEBS Letters, vol. 584, no. 4, pp. 662–668, 2010.
- M. Colombatti, S. Grasso, A. Porzia et al., “The prostate specific membrane antigen regulates the expression of IL-6 and CCL5 in prostate tumour cells by activating the MAPK pathways,” PLoS ONE, vol. 4, no. 2, Article ID e4608, 2009.
- Y. Zhang, Z. Guo, T. Du, et al., “Prostate specific membrane antigen (PSMA): a novel modulator of p38 for proliferation, migration, and survival in prostate cancer cells,” Prostate, vol. 73, no. 8, pp. 835–841, 2012.
- M.-L. Zhu and N. Kyprianou, “Androgen receptor and growth factor signaling cross-talk in prostate cancer cells,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 841–849, 2008.
- J. R. Walczak and M. A. Carducci, “Prostate cancer: a practical approach to current management of recurrent disease,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 243–249, 2007.
- T. M. Van der Sluis, I. V. Bijnsdorp, J. J. Jacobs, et al., “Serum testosterone plays an important role in the metastatic ability of castration resistant prostate cancer,” World Journal of Urology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 261–266, 2012.
- E. G. Bluemn and P. S. Nelson, “The androgen/androgen receptor axis in prostate cancer,” Current Opinion in Oncology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 251–257, 2012.
- C. Magi-Galluzzi, X. Xu, L. Hlatky et al., “Heterogeneity of androgen receptor content in advanced prostate cancer,” Modern Pathology, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 839–845, 1997.
- M. M. Shen and C. Abate-Shen, “Molecular genetics of prostate cancer: new prospects for old challenges,” Genes and Development, vol. 24, no. 18, pp. 1967–2000, 2010.