- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 413450, 6 pages
Transcription Regulation of Plastid Genes Involved in Sulfate Transport in Viridiplantae
Institute for Information Transmission Problems (Kharkevich Institute), The Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow 127994, Russia
Received 1 April 2013; Accepted 12 June 2013
Academic Editor: William Piel
Copyright © 2013 Vassily A. Lyubetsky et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Tartar, D. G. Boucias, B. J. Adams, and J. J. Becnel, “Phylogenetic analysis identifies the invertebrate pathogen Helicosporidium sp. as a green alga (Chlorophyta),” International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 273–279, 2002.
- A. P. de Koning and P. J. Keeling, “The complete plastid genome sequence of the parasitic green alga Helicosporidium sp. is highly reduced and structured,” BMC Biology, vol. 4, article 12, 2006.
- J.-F. Pombert and P. J. Keeling, “The mitochondrial genome of the entomoparasitic green alga Helicosporidium,” PloS ONE, vol. 5, no. 1, Article ID e8954, 2010.
- T. A. Sadovskaya and A. V. Seliverstov, “Analysis of the 5°-Leader regions of several plastid genes in protozoa of the phylum apicomplexa and red algae,” Molecular Biology, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 552–556, 2009.
- N. Tajima, S. Sato, F. Maruyama et al., “Genomic structure of the cyanobacterium synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 strain GT-S,” DNA Research, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 393–399, 2011.
- C. Thelwell, N. J. Robinson, and J. S. Turner-Cavet, “An SmtB-like repressor from synechocystis PCC 6803 regulates a zinc exporter,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 95, no. 18, pp. 10728–10733, 1998.
- H. Takahashi and K. Saito, “Subcellular localization of spinach cysteine synthase isoforms and regulation of their gene expression by nitrogen and sulfur,” Plant Physiology, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 273–280, 1996.
- N. Thomsen-Zieger, J. Schachtner, and F. Seeber, “Apicomplexan parasites contain a single lipoic acid synthase located in the plastid,” FEBS Letters, vol. 547, no. 1–3, pp. 80–86, 2003.
- N. M. Kredich, “The molecular basis for positive regulation of cys promoters in Salmonella typhimurium and Escherichia coli,” Molecular Microbiology, vol. 6, no. 19, pp. 2747–2753, 1992.
- A. S. Lynch, R. Tyrrell, S. J. Smerdon, G. S. Briggs, and A. J. Wilkinson, “Characterization of the CysB protein of Klebsiella aerogenes: direct evidence that N-acetylserine rather than O-acetylserine serves as the inducer of the cysteine regulon,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 299, no. 1, pp. 129–136, 1994.
- O. A. Zverkov, L. Rusin Yu, A. V. Seliverstov, and V. A. Lyubetsky, “Study of direct repeats in micro evolution of plant mitochondria and plastids based on protein clustering,” Moscow University Biological Sciences Bulletin, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 58–62, 2013.
- O. A. Zverkov, A. V. Seliverstov, and V. A. Lyubetsky, “Plastid-encoded protein families specific for narrow taxonomic groups of algae and protozoa,” Molecular Biology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 717–726, 2012.
- A. V. Seliverstov, E. A. Lysenko, and V. A. Lyubetsky, “Rapid evolution of promoters for the plastome gene ndhF in flowering plants,” Russian Journal of Plant Physiology, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 838–845, 2009.
- V. A. Lyubetsky, L. I. Rubanov, and A. V. Seliverstov, “Lack of conservation of bacterial type promoters in plastids of Streptophyta,” Biology Direct, vol. 5, article 34, 2010.
- V. A. Lyubetsky, O. A. Zverkov, L. I. Rubanov, and A. V. Seliverstov, “Modeling RNA polymerase competition: the effect of σ-subunit knockout and heat shock on gene transcription level,” Biology Direct, vol. 6, article 3, 2011.
- V. A. Lyubetsky, O. A. Zverkov, S. A. Pirogov, L. I. Rubanov, and A. V. Seliverstov, “Modeling RNA polymerase interaction in mitochondria of chordates,” Biology Direct, vol. 7, article 26, 2012.
- A. Homann and G. Link, “DNA-binding and transcription characteristics of three cloned sigma factors from mustard (Sinapis alba L.) suggest overlapping and distinct roles in plastid gene expression,” European Journal of Biochemistry, vol. 270, no. 6, pp. 1288–1300, 2003.
- V. A. Lyubetsky and A. V. Seliverstov, “Some algorithms related to finite groups,” Information Processes, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 39–46, 2003 (Russian).
- Z. Su, V. Olman, F. Mao, and Y. Xu, “Comparative genomics analysis of NtcA regulons in cyanobacteria: regulation of nitrogen assimilation and its coupling to photosynthesis,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 33, no. 16, pp. 5156–5171, 2005.
- J. D. Thompson, T. J. Gibson, F. Plewniak, F. Jeanmougin, and D. G. Higgins, “The CLUSTAL X windows interface: flexible strategies for multiple sequence alignment aided by quality analysis tools,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 25, no. 24, pp. 4876–4882, 1997.
- N. J. Wickett, L. L. Forrest, J. M. Budke, B. Shaw, and B. Goffinet, “Frequent pseudogenization and loss of the plastid-encoded sulfate-transport gene cysA throughout the evolution of liverworts,” American Journal of Botany, vol. 98, no. 8, pp. 1263–1275, 2011.
- V. A. Lyubetsky, A. V. Seliverstov, and O. A. Zverkov, “Elaboration of the homologous plastid-encoded protein families that separate paralogs in magnoliophytes,” Mathematical Biology and Bioinformatics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 225–233, 2013 (Russian).
- E. V. Koonin, Y. I. Wolf, and L. Aravind, “Protein fold recognition using sequence profiles and its application in structural genomics,” Advances in Protein Chemistry, vol. 54, pp. 245–275, 2000.
- M. Punta, P. C. Coggill, R. Y. Eberhardt et al., “The Pfam protein families database,” Nucleic Acids Research, Database Issue 40, pp. D290–D301, 2012.
- R. J. M. Wilson, K. Rangachari, J. W. Saldanha et al., “Parasite plastids: maintenance and functions,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, vol. 358, no. 1429, pp. 155–164, 2003.