- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 417052, 6 pages
Magnetic Resonance Sialography Findings of Submandibular Ducts Imaging
1Department of Radiology, Izmir Atatürk Research and Training Hospital, Basın Sitesi, Karabağlar, 35360 Izmir, Turkey
2Department of Radiology, Medical School, Dokuz Eylul University, Inciralti, 35340 Izmir, Turkey
3Department of Radiology, Balıkesir Atatürk State Hospital, Yıldız Mahallesi Soma Caddesi No. 1, 10100 Balıkesir, Turkey
4Universal Ege Health Hospital, 35220 Izmir, Turkey
Received 2 April 2013; Revised 29 May 2013; Accepted 12 June 2013
Academic Editor: Yoshito Tsushima
Copyright © 2013 Nezahat Karaca Erdoğan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Jager, F. Menauer, N. Holzknecht, V. Scholz, G. Grevers, and M. Reiser, “Sialolithiasis: MR sialography of the submandibular duct—an alternative to conventional sialography and US?” Radiology, vol. 216, no. 3, pp. 665–671, 2000.
- M. Kalinowski, J. T. Heverhagen, E. Rehberg, K. J. Klose, and H. J. Wagner, “Comparative study of MR sialography and digital subtraction sialography for benign salivary gland disorders,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1485–1492, 2002.
- H. Obaid, R. Sinha, and L. Robinson, “Submandibular sialogram performed through a Wharton's duct fistula: technical adaptation of conventional technique,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 56–57, 2006.
- M. Sakamoto, T. Sasano, S. Higano et al., “Evaluation of pulse sequences used for magnetic resonance sialography,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 276–284, 2001.
- R. Murakami, Y. Baba, R. Nishimura et al., “MR sialography using half-Fourier acquisition single-shot turbo spin-echo (HASTE) sequences,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 959–961, 1998.
- D. M. Yousem, M. A. Kraut, and A. A. Chalian, “Major salivary gland imaging,” Radiology, vol. 216, no. 1, pp. 19–29, 2000.
- P. M. Som and H. Curtin, Head and Neck Imaging, Mosby, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 4th edition, 2003.
- J. I. Haring, “Diagnosing salivary stones,” The Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 122, no. 6, pp. 75–76, 1991.
- M. Jungehulsing, R. Fischbach, U. Schroder, H. Kugel, M. Damm, and H. E. Eckel, “Magnetic resonance sialography,” Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 121, no. 4, pp. 488–494, 1999.
- M. Becker, F. Marchal, C. D. Becker et al., “Sialolithiasis and salivary ductal stenosis: diagnostic accuracy of MR sialography with a three-dimensional extended-phase conjugate-symmetry rapid spin-echo sequence,” Radiology, vol. 217, no. 2, pp. 347–358, 2000.
- J. C. Varghese, F. Thornton, B. C. Lucey, M. Walsh, M. A. Farrell, and M. J. Lee, “A prospective comparative study of MR sialography and conventional sialography of salivary duct disease,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 173, no. 6, pp. 1497–1503, 1999.
- J. Hugill, E. Sala, K. G. Hollingsworth, and D. J. Lomas, “MR sialography: the effect of a sialogogue and ductal occlusion in volunteers,” British Journal of Radiology, vol. 81, no. 967, pp. 583–586, 2008.
- D. J. Lomas, N. R. Carroll, G. Johnson, N. M. Antoun, and C. E. L. Freer, “MR sialography: work in progress,” Radiology, vol. 200, no. 1, pp. 129–133, 1996.
- N. Erdogan, “Radiology of salivatory glands,” Turkiye Klinikleri Journal of Radiology Special Topics, vol. 1, pp. 66–79, 2008.
- N. Ohbayashi, I. Yamada, N. Yoshino, and T. Sasaki, “Sjogren syndrome: comparison of assessments with MR sialography and conventional sialography,” Radiology, vol. 209, no. 3, pp. 683–688, 1998.
- M. Sumi, M. Izumi, K. Yonetsu, and T. Nakamura, “The MR imaging assessment of submandibular gland sialoadenitis secondary to sialolithiasis: correlation with CT and histopathologic findings,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 1737–1743, 1999.