- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 426034, 11 pages
Full-Length Genomic Sequence of Subgenotype IIIA Hepatitis A Virus Isolate in Republic of Korea
1Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 137-701, Republic of Korea
2Korea Zoonosis Research Institute, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju 561-756, Republic of Korea
3Environmental Infrastructure Research Department, National Institute of Environmental Research, Incheon 404-708, Republic of Korea
Received 28 February 2013; Revised 28 May 2013; Accepted 31 May 2013
Academic Editor: Fumio Imazeki
Copyright © 2013 Ah-Ra Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. H. Jacobsen and J. S. Koopman, “Declining hepatitis A seroprevalence: a global review and analysis,” Epidemiology and Infection, vol. 132, no. 6, pp. 1005–1022, 2004.
- S. M. Lemon, “Type A viral hepatitis. New developments in an old disease,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 313, no. 17, pp. 1059–1067, 1985.
- J. A. Cuthbert, “Hepatitis A: old and new,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 38–58, 2001.
- J. L. Melnick, “Properties and classification of hepatitis A virus,” Vaccine, vol. 10, supplement 1, pp. S24–S26, 1992.
- E. A. Brown, S. P. Day, R. W. Jansen, and S. M. Lemon, “The 5' nontranslated region of hepatitis A virus RNA: secondary structure and elements required for translation in vitro,” Journal of Virology, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 5828–5838, 1991.
- A. Totsuka and Y. Moritsugu, “Hepatitis A virus proteins,” Intervirology, vol. 42, no. 2-3, pp. 63–68, 1999.
- B. H. Robertson, R. W. Jansen, B. Khanna et al., “Genetic relatedness of hepatitis A virus strains recovered from different geographical regions,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1365–1377, 1992.
- L. Lu, K. Z. Ching, V. S. de Paula et al., “Characterization of the complete genomic sequence of genotype II hepatitis A virus (CF53/Berne isolate),” Journal of General Virology, vol. 85, no. 10, pp. 2943–2952, 2004.
- M. H. Kim, H. Choi, K. S. Pak, C. N. Seong, and H. W. Cho, “Characterization of acute hepatitis virus A genotype in Korea,” Journal of Life Science, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 175–181, 2013.
- O. V. Nainan, G. Xia, G. Vaughan, and H. S. Margolis, “Diagnosis of hepatitis A virus infection: a molecular approach,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 63–79, 2006.
- K. Stene-Johansen, T. Ø. Jonassen, and K. Skaug, “Characterization and genetic variability of Hepatitis A virus genotype IIIA,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2739–2745, 2005.
- M. Costa-Mattioli, V. Ferre, S. Monpoeho et al., “Genetic variability of hepatitis A virus in South America reveals heterogeneity and co-circulation during epidemic outbreaks,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 2647–2652, 2001.
- M. Costa-Mattioli, S. Monpoeho, C. Schvoerer et al., “Genetic analysis of hepatitis A virus outbreak in France confirms the co-circulation of subgenotypes Ia, Ib and reveals a new genetic lineage,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 233–240, 2001.
- L. M. Villar, L. M. Morais, R. Aloise et al., “Co-circulation of genotypes IA and IB of hepatitis A virus in Northeast Brazil,” Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 873–881, 2006.
- J. Cristina and M. Costa-Mattioli, “Genetic variability and molecular evolution of Hepatitis A virus,” Virus Research, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 151–157, 2007.
- R. M. Pintó, D. Alegre, A. Domíngueza et al., “Hepatitis A virus in urban sewage from two Mediterranean countries,” Epidemiology and Infection, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 270–273, 2007.
- A. Normann, S. Badur, D. Önel et al., “Acute hepatitis A virus infection in Turkey,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 80, no. 5, pp. 785–790, 2008.
- J.-H. Kim, “Recent epidemiological status and vaccination of hepatitis A in Korea,” Journal of the Korean Medical Association, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 110–118, 2008.
- S. Pina, M. Buti, R. Jardí, P. Clemente-Casares, J. Jofre, and R. Girones, “Genetic analysis of hepatitis A virus strains recovered from the environment and from patients with acute hepatitis,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 82, no. 12, pp. 2955–2963, 2001.
- T. Mitsui, Y. Tsukamoto, A. Hirose et al., “Distinct changing profiles of hepatitis A and E virus infection among patients with acute hepatitis, patients on maintenance hemodialysis and healthy individuals in Japan,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 78, no. 8, pp. 1015–1024, 2006.
- K. Endo, J. Inoue, M. Takahashi et al., “Analysis of the full-length genome of a subgenotype IIIB hepatitis A virus isolate: primers for broadly reactive PCR and genotypic analysis,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 8–17, 2007.
- Y. K. Yoon, B. C. Chun, H. K. Lee et al., “Epidemiological and genetic analysis of a sustained community-wide outbreak of hepatitis A in the Republic of Korea, 2008: a hospital-based case-control study,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 184–188, 2009.
- A. Totsuka and Y. Moritsugu, “Hepatitis A vaccine development in Japan,” in Viral Hepatitis and Liver Disease, K. Nishioka, H. Suzuki, S. Mishiro, and T. Oda, Eds., pp. 509–513, Springer, Tokyo, Japan, 1994.
- Y. K. Yoon, J. E. Yeon, J. H. Kim et al., “Comparative analysis of disease severity between genotypes IA and IIIA of hepatitis A virus,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 83, no. 8, pp. 1308–1314, 2011.
- H. Yun, S. Kim, H. Lee et al., “Genetic analysis of HAV strains isolated from patients with acute hepatitis in Korea, 2005-2006,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 80, no. 5, pp. 777–784, 2008.
- H. U. Song, S. G. Hwang, C.-I. Kwon et al., “Molecular epidemiology of hepatitis A virus in the south-east area of Gyeonggi-do in Korea,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 512–516, 2009.
- K. S. Byun, J. H. Kim, K. J. Song et al., “Molecular epidemiology of hepatitis A virus in Korea,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 519–524, 2001.
- K.-O. Lee, S.-J. Jeong, H.-S. Seong et al., “Genetic analysis of hepatitis A virus isolated from Korea,” Journal of Bacteriology and Virology, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 165–171, 2009.
- H. Lee, H. Jeong, H. Yun et al., “Genetic analysis of hepatitis A virus strains that induced epidemics in Korea during 2007–2009,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 1252–1257, 2012.
- B. C. Lee and D. B. Lee, “Clinical observation of type A hepatitis in children,” Korea Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 213–222, 1979.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “Prevention of hepatitis A through active or passive immunization Practices (ACIP),” MMWR Recommendations and Reports, vol. 48, pp. 1–37, 1999.
- Y. K. Cho and B. C. Song, “Prevention of viral hepatitis and vaccination,” Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 123–133, 2012.