- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 427542, 7 pages
A Study on User Authentication Methodology Using Numeric Password and Fingerprint Biometric Information
1Research Institute, Korea Electric Power Corporation, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-706, Republic of Korea
2Department of Computer Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education, Cheonan, Chungnam 330-708, Republic of Korea
3The Faculty of Liberal Arts, Korea University of Technology and Education, Cheonan, Chungnam 330-708, Republic of Korea
4Department of Computer Engineering, Chungnam National University, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon 305-764, Republic of Korea
5Information Security Engineering, Soonchunhyang University, Asan, Chungnam 336-745, Republic of Korea
Received 5 July 2013; Accepted 11 August 2013
Academic Editor: Sabah Mohammed
Copyright © 2013 Seung-hwan Ju et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. H. Ju and H. S. Seo, “Password based user authentication methodology using multi-input on multi-touch environment,” Journal of the Korea Society For Simulation, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 39–49, 2011.
- G. I. Davida, Y. Frankel, and B. J. Matt, “On enabling secure applications through off-line biometric identification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, pp. 148–157, May 1998.
- C. Lin and Y. Lai, “A flexible biometrics remote user authentication scheme,” Computer Standards and Interfaces, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 19–23, 2004.
- M. U. Akram, A. Tariq, S. A. Khan, and S. Nasir, “Fingerprint image: pre- and post-processing,” International Journal of Biometrics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 63–80, 2008.
- B. G. Sherlock, D. M. Monro, and K. Millard, “Fingerprint enhancement by directional Fourier filtering,” IEE Proceedings: Vision, Image and Signal Processing, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 87–94, 1994.
- T. P. Weldon, W. E. Higgins, and D. F. Dunn, “Gabor filter design for multiple texture segmentation,” Optical Engineering, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 2852–2863, 1996.
- A. M. Khan, W. Umar, T. Choudhary, F. Hussain, and M. H. Yousaf, “A new algorithmic approach for fingers detection and identification,” in International Conference on Graphic and Image Processing (ICGIP '12), vol. 8768 of Proceedings of SPIE, Singapore, March 2013.
- U.S. Census Bureau, “World POPClock Projection,” 2013.
- S. G. Aki, “Digital signatures: a tutorial survey,” IEEE Computer Magazine, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 15–24, 1993.
- T. ElGamal, “A public key cryptosystem and a signature scheme based on discrete logarithms,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 469–472, 1985.
- A. Shamir, “Identity-based cryptosystem and signature scheme,” in Proceeding of Crypto '84, pp. 47–53, 1984.