- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 431232, 4 pages
Role of Rheum Polysaccharide in the Cytokines Produced by Peripheral Blood Monocytes in TLR4 Mediated HLA-B27 Associated AAU
Department of Ophthalmology, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, No. 8 Baijiazhuang Road Chaoyang District, Beijing 100020, China
Received 25 April 2013; Accepted 5 August 2013
Academic Editor: Kota V. Ramana
Copyright © 2013 Xuhui Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Liu, Z.-P. Wang, C.-T. Xu et al., “Effects of Rheum tanguticum polysaccharide on TNBS-induced colitis and CD4+T cells in rats,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 2284–2288, 2003.
- L. Liu, Q. B. Mei, Z. P. Wang, and Y. M. Zhou, “The effects of Rheum tanguticum polysaccharide on polarization of Th1 and Th2 cells in TNBS-induced colitis in murine,” International Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 23–32, 2005.
- W. Chen, X. Hu, L. Zhao, S. Li, and H. Lu, “Expression of toll-like receptor 4 in uvea-resident tissue macrophages during endotoxin-induced uveitis,” Molecular Vision, vol. 15, pp. 619–628, 2009.
- Y. Xu, W. Chen, H. Lu et al., “The expression of cytokines in the aqueous humor and serum during endotoxin-induced uveitis in C3H/Hen mice,” Molecular Vision, vol. 16, pp. 1689–1695, 2010.
- D. A. Jabs, “Standardization of uveitis nomenclature for reporting clinical data. Results of the first international workshop,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 140, no. 3, pp. 509–516, 2005.
- C. T. Xu and B. R. Pan, “Current medical therapy for ulcerative colitis,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 64–72, 1999.
- I. A. Schepetkin and M. T. Quinn, “Botanical polysaccharides: macrophage immunomodulation and therapeutic potential,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 317–333, 2006.
- A. O. Tzianabos, “Polysaccharide immunomodulators as therapeutic agents: structural aspects and biologic function,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 523–533, 2000.
- A. V. Sergeev, E. S. Revazova, S. I. Denisova, O. V. Kalatskaia, and A. N. Rytenko, “Immunomodulating and antitumor activity of polysaccharides of plant orgin,” Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 100, no. 12, pp. 741–743, 1985.
- K. A. Zarember and P. J. Godowski, “Tissue expression of human Toll-like receptors and differential regulation of Toll-like receptor mRNAs in leukocytes in response to microbes, their products, and cytokines,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 168, no. 2, pp. 554–561, 2002.
- Y. Mita, K. Dobashi, K. Endou et al., “Toll-like receptor 4 surface expression on human monocytes and B cells is modulated by IL-2 and IL-4,” Immunology Letters, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 71–75, 2002.
- L. C. Parker, L. R. Prince, and I. Sabroe, “Translational mini-review series on Toll-like receptors: networks regulated by Toll-like receptors mediate innate and adaptive immunity,” Clinical and Experimental Immunology, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 199–207, 2007.
- I. Pouvreau, J.-C. Zech, B. Thillaye-Goldenberg, M.-C. Naud, N. Van Rooijen, and Y. De Kozak, “Effect of macrophage depletion by liposomes containing dichloromethylene-diphosphonate on endotoxin-induced uveitis,” Journal of Neuroimmunology, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 171–181, 1998.
- V. Pérez-Guijo, M. Santos-Lacomba, M. Sánchez-Hernández, M. D. C. Castro-Villegas, J. M. Gallardo-Galera, and E. Collantes-Estévez, “Tumour necrosis factor-alpha levels in aqueous humour and serum from patients with uveitis: the involvement of HLA-B27,” Current Medical Research and Opinion, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 155–157, 2004.
- M. Santos Lacomba, C. Marcos Martín, J. M. Gallardo Galera et al., “Aqueous humor and serum tumor necrosis factor-α in clinical uveitis,” Ophthalmic Research, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 251–255, 2001.
- M. Muzio, D. Bosisio, N. Polentarutti et al., “Differential expression and regulation of toll-like receptors (TLR) in human leukocytes: selective expression of TLR3 in dendritic cells,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 164, no. 11, pp. 5998–6004, 2000.
- V. L. Calder, B. Shaer, M. Muhaya et al., “Increased CD4+ expression and decreased IL-10 in the anterior chamber in idiopathic uveitis,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 2019–2024, 1999.
- M. Chieppa, G. Bianchi, A. Doni et al., “Cross-linking of the mannose receptor on monocyte-derived dendritic cells activates an anti-inflammatory immunosuppressive program,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 171, no. 9, pp. 4552–4560, 2003.