- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 435387, 4 pages
Inhalation Anesthesia with Sevoflurane during Intravitreal Bevacizumab Injection in Infants with Retinopathy of Prematurity
1Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Dicle University, 21280 Diyarbakır, Turkey
2Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Dicle University, 21280 Diyarbakır, Turkey
Received 4 April 2013; Accepted 26 May 2013
Academic Editor: Tatsushi Mutoh
Copyright © 2013 Orhan Tokgöz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health & Royal College of Ophthalmologists,” Retinopathy of Prematurity Guidelinehttp://www.rcophth.ac.uk/core/core_picker/download.asp?id=180&filetitle=UK+Retinopathy+of+Prematurity+Guideline+May+2008.
- P. A. Quiram and A. Capone Jr., “Current understanding and management of retinopathy of prematurity,” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 228–234, 2007.
- J. Chen, A. Stahl, A. Hellstrom, and L. E. Smith, “Current update on retinopathy of prematurity: screening and treatment,” Current Opinion in Pediatrics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 173–178, 2011.
- H. Quiroz-Mercado, M. A. Martinez-Castellanos, M. L. Hernandez-Rojas, N. Salazar-Teran, and R. V. P. Chan, “Antiangiogenic therapy with intravitreal bevacizumab for retinopathy of prematurity,” Retina, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. S19–S25, 2008.
- A. Sahin, M. Sahin, A. K. Cingü et al., “Intravitreal bevacizumab monotherapy in retinopathy of prematurity,” Pediatrics International, 2013.
- K. L. Goa, S. Noble, and C. M. Spencer, “Sevoflurane in paediatric anaesthesia: a review,” Paediatric Drugs, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 127–153, 1999.
- W. V. Good, R. J. Hardy, V. Dobson et al., “Revised indications for the treatment of retinopathy of prematurity: results of the early treatment for retinopathy of prematurity randomized trial,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 121, no. 12, pp. 1684–1696, 2003.
- B. C. Harder, S. V. Baltz, J. B. Jonas, and F. C. Schlichtenbrede, “Intravitreal bevacizumab for retinopathy of prematurity,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 623–627, 2011.
- E. I. Eger II, “New inhaled anesthetics,” Anesthesiology, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 906–922, 1994.
- R. Hartrey, “Anaesthesia for the laser treatment of neonates with retinopathy of prematurity,” Eye, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1025–1027, 2007.
- M. Gismondi, C. Salati, M. L. Salvetat, M. Zeppieri, and P. Brusini, “Short-term effect of intravitreal injection of ranibizumab (Lucentis) on intraocular pressure,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 658–661, 2009.
- V. A. Marsh, W. O. Young, K. K. Dunaway et al., “Efficacy of topical anesthetics to reduce pain in premature infants during eye examinations for retinopathy of prematurity,” Annals of Pharmacotherapy, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 829–833, 2005.
- H. A. Mintz-Hittner and L. M. Best, “Antivascular endothelial growth factor for retinopathy of prematurity,” Current Opinion in Pediatrics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 182–187, 2009.
- Y. Kandasamy, R. Smith, I. M. R. Wright, and L. Hartley, “Pain relief for premature infants during ophthalmology assessment,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 276–280, 2011.
- L. Yu, H. Sun, L. Yao, Y. Feng, and B. Yang, “Comparison of effective inspired concentration of sevoflurane in preterm infants with different postconceptual ages,” Paediatric Anaesthesia, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 148–152, 2011.
- S. D. M. Chen, V. Sundaram, A. Wilkinson, and C. K. Patel, “Variation in anaesthesia for the laser treatment of retinopathy of prematurity—a survey of ophthalmologists in the UK,” Eye, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 1033–1036, 2007.
- M. S. Cogen, J. S. Parker, T. E. Sleep, F. J. Elsas, T. H. Metz Jr., and G. McGwin Jr., “Masked trial of topical anesthesia for retinopathy of prematurity eye examinations,” Journal of AAPOS, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 45–48, 2011.
- M. A. Castellanos, S. Schwartz, R. Leal, et al., “Pain assessment in premature infants treated with intravitreal antiangiogenic therapy for retinopathy of prematurity under topical anesthesia,” Graefe's Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 251, no. 2, pp. 491–494, 2012.