- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 436979, 8 pages
Evaluation of Wall Correction Factor of INER's Air-Kerma Primary Standard Chamber and Dose Variation by Source Displacement for HDR 192Ir Brachytherapy
1Health Physics Division, Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, Longtan 325, Taiwan
2Department of Radiation Oncology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 404, Taiwan
3Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Received 12 May 2013; Accepted 28 May 2013
Academic Editor: Maria F. Chan
Copyright © 2013 J. H. Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Sander and R. F. Nutbrown, “The NPL air kerma primary standard TH100C for high dose rate 192Ir brachytherapy sources,” Tech. Rep. DQL-RD 004, Teddington National Physical Laboratory, 2006.
- D. Baltas, K. Geramani, G. T. Ioannidis et al., “Comparison of calibration procedures for 192Ir high-dose rate brachytherapy sources,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 653–661, 1999.
- ICRU, “Dose and volume specification for reporting intracavitary therapy in gynecology,” ICRU Report 38, 1985.
- ICRU, “Dose and volume specification for reporting interstitial therapy,” ICRU Report 58, 1997.
- L. Büermann, H.-M. Kramer, H. Schrader, and H.-J. Selbach, “Activity determination of 192Ir solid sources by ionization chamber measurements using calculated corrections for self-absorption,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, vol. 339, no. 1-2, pp. 369–376, 1994.
- E. van Dijk, I.-K. Kolkman-Deurloo, and P. M. G. Damen, “Determination of the reference air kerma rate for 192Ir brachytherapy sources and the related uncertainty,” Medical Physics, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 2826–2833, 2004.
- A. Piermattei, L. Azario, A. Fidanzio et al., “The wall correction factor for a spherical ionization chamber used in brachytherapy source calibration,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 48, no. 24, pp. 4091–4103, 2003.
- D. W. O. Rogers, A. F. Bielajew, and A. E. Nahum, “Ion chamber response and Awall correction factors in a 60Co beam by Monte Carlo simulation,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 429–443, 1985.
- A. F. Bielajew, “Ionisation cavity theory: a formal derivation of perturbation factors for thick-walled ion chambers in photon beams,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 161–170, 1986.
- A. F. Bielajew, “On the technique of extrapolation to obtain wall correction factors for ion chambers irradiated by photon beams,” Medical Physics, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 583–587, 1990.
- D. W. O. Rogers and A. F. Bielajew, “Wall attenuation and scatter corrections for ion chambers: Measurements versus calculations,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 1065–1078, 1990.
- D. W. O. Rogers and J. Treurniet, “Monte Carlo calculated wall and axial non-uniformity corrections for primary standards,” Tech. Rep. PIRS-633, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Canada, 1999.
- A. Angelopoulos, P. Baras, L. Sakelliou, P. Karaiskos, and P. Sandilos, “Monte Carlo dosimetry of a new 192Ir high dose rate brachytherapy source,” Medical Physics, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 2521–2527, 2000.
- F. Ballester, J. Pérez-Calatayud, V. Puchades et al., “Monte Carlo dosimetry of the Buchler high dose rate 192Ir source,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. N79–N90, 2001.
- P. Papagiannis, A. Angelopoulos, E. Pantelis et al., “Dosimetry comparison of 192Ir sources,” Medical Physics, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 2239–2246, 2002.
- G. Douysset, T. Sander, J. Gouriou, and R. Nutbrown, “Comparison of air kerma standards of LNE-LNHB and NPL for 192Ir HDR brachytherapy sources: EUROMET project no 814,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. N85–N97, 2008.
- S. J. Goetsch, F. H. Attix, D. W. Pearson, and B. R. Thomadsen, “Calibration of 192Ir high-dose-rate afterloading systems,” Medical Physics, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 462–467, 1991.
- ICRU, “Stopping powers for electrons and positrons,” ICRU Report 37, 1984.
- D. W. O. Rogers, I. Kawrakow, J. P. Seuntjens, et al., “NRC user codes for EGSnrc,” NRCC Report PIRS-702(revB), 2005.
- X-5 Monte Carlo team, MCNP-A General Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code, version 5, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM, USA, 2003.
- D. W. O. Rogers and J. Borg, “Spectra and air-kerma strength for encapsulated 192Ir sources,” Medical Physics, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 2441–2444, 1999.
- S. M. Seltzer and P. M. Bergstrom, “Changes in the U.S. primary standards for the air kerma from gamma-ray beams,” Journal of Research of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, vol. 108, no. 5, pp. 359–381, 2003.