- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 454085, 6 pages
Increased Expression of TRPS1 Affects Tumor Progression and Correlates with Patients' Prognosis of Colon Cancer
1Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Putuo District Center Hospital, Shanghai 200062, China
2Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Zhabei District Shibei Hospital, Shanghai 200435, China
3Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Eighth People’s Hospital, Shanghai 200235, China
Received 9 March 2013; Revised 8 May 2013; Accepted 9 May 2013
Academic Editor: Robert A. Vierkant
Copyright © 2013 Jun Hong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, F. Bray, M. M. Center, J. Ferlay, E. Ward, and D. Forman, “Global cancer statistics,” CA: Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 69–90, 2011.
- C. J. A. Punt and J. Tol, “More is less-combining targeted therapies in metastatic colorectal cancer,” Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 731–733, 2009.
- Y. Hong, T. Downey, K. W. Eu, P. K. Koh, and P. Y. Cheah, “A “metastasis-prone” signature for early-stage mismatch-repair proficient sporadic colorectal cancer patients and its implications for possible therapeutics,” Clinical and Experimental Metastasis, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 83–90, 2010.
- S. Zhou, D. Jin, and Y. Song, “Identification of a new mutation in TRPS1 gene leading to tricho-rhino-phalangeal syndrome I in a Chinese patient,” Journal of Dermatology, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 277–278, 2013.
- Y. B. Sohn, C. S. Ki, S. W. Park et al., “Clinical, biochemical, and genetic analysis of two korean patients with trichorhinophalangeal syndrome type I and growth hormone deficiency,” Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science, vol. 42, pp. 307–312, 2012.
- A. Flores-Cuevas, O. Mutchinick, J. J. Morales-Suárez, L. M. González-Huerta, and S. A. Cuevas-Covarrubias, “Identification of two novel mutations in TRPS1 gene in families with tricho-rhino-phalangeal type I syndrome,” Journal of Investigative Medicine, vol. 60, pp. 823–826, 2012.
- I. Michikami, T. Fukushi, S. Honma et al., “Trps1 is necessary for normal temporomandibular joint development,” Cell and Tissue Research, vol. 348, no. 1, pp. 131–140, 2012.
- N. Pereza, S. Severinski, S. Ostojić et al., “Third case of 8q23. 3-q24. 13 deletion in a patient with Langer-Giedion syndrome phenotype without TRPS1 gene deletion,” The American Journal of Medical Genetics A, vol. 158, no. 3, pp. 659–663, 2012.
- G. T. G. Chang, G. J. C. M. van den Bemd, M. Jhamai, and A. O. Brinkmann, “Structure and function of GC79/TRPS1, a novel androgen-repressible apoptosis gene,” Apoptosis, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 13–21, 2002.
- G. J. C. M. van den Bemd, M. Jhamai, A. O. Brinkmann, and G. T. G. Chang, “The atypical GATA protein TRPS1 represses androgen-induced prostate-specific antigen expression in LNCaP prostate cancer cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 312, no. 3, pp. 578–584, 2003.
- G. T. G. Chang, L. J. Blok, M. Steenbeek et al., “Differentially expressed genes in androgen-dependent and -independent prostate carcinomas,” Cancer Research, vol. 57, no. 18, pp. 4075–4081, 1997.
- N. A. Rahman, S. Kiiveri, S. Siltanen et al., “Adrenocortical tumorigenesis in transgenic mice: the role of luteinizing hormone receptor and transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-61,” Reproductive Biology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 5–9, 2001.
- G. T. G. Chang, M. Steenbeek, E. Schippers et al., “Characterization of a zinc-finger protein and its association with apoptosis in prostate cancer cells,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 92, no. 17, pp. 1414–1421, 2000.
- G. T. G. Chang, M. Jhamai, W. M. van Weerden, G. Jenster, and A. O. Brinkmann, “The TRPS1 transcription factor: androgenic regulation in prostate cancer and high expression in breast cancer,” Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 815–822, 2004.
- G. T. G. Chang, S. C. Gamble, M. Jhamai, R. Wait, C. L. Bevan, and A. O. Brinkmann, “Proteomic analysis of proteins regulated by TRPS1 transcription factor in DU145 prostate cancer cells,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1774, no. 5, pp. 575–582, 2007.
- S. Stinson, M. R. Lackner, A. T. Adai et al., “TRPS1 targeting by miR-221/222 promotes the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer,” Science Signaling, vol. 4, no. 177, article ra41, 2011.