- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 460619, 9 pages
Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of O-[3-18F-fluoropropyl]-α-methyl Tyrosine in Mesothelioma-Bearing Rodents
Department of Experimental Diagnosis Imaging, Unit 59, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Received 12 April 2013; Accepted 6 June 2013
Academic Editor: Tomio Inoue
Copyright © 2013 I-Hong Shih et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Kostakoglu, H. Agress Jr., and S. J. Goldsmith, “Clinical role of FDG PET in evaluation of cancer patients,” Radiographics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 315–340, 2003.
- W. Chen, T. Cloughesy, N. Kamdar et al., “Imaging proliferation in brain tumors with 18F-FLT PET: comparison with 18F-FDG,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 945–952, 2005.
- C. Love, M. B. Tomas, G. G. Tronco, and C. J. Palestro, “FDG PET of infection and inflammation,” Radiographics, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1357–1368, 2005.
- P. Wiriyasermkul, S. Nagamori, H. Tominaga, et al., “Transport of 3-fluoro-L-α-methyl-tyrosine by tumor-upregulated L-type amino acid transporter 1: a cause of the tumor uptake in PET,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 1253–1261, 2012.
- H. H. Coenen, P. Kling, and G. Stocklin, “Cerebral metabolism of L-[2-18F]fluorotyrosine, a new PET tracer of protein synthesis,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1367–1372, 1989.
- H. J. Wester, M. Herz, W. Weber et al., “Synthesis and radiopharmacology of O-(2-[18F]fluoroethyl)-L-tyrosine for tumor imaging,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 205–212, 1999.
- T. Inoue, K. Koyama, N. Oriuchi et al., “Detection of malignant tumors: whole-body PET with fluorine 18 α-methyl tyrosine versus FDG—preliminary study,” Radiology, vol. 220, no. 1, pp. 54–62, 2001.
- G. Miyashita, T. Higuchi, N. Oriuchi et al., “18F-FAMT uptake correlates with tumor proliferative activity in oral squamous cell carcinoma: comparative study with 18F-FDG PET and immunohistochemistry,” Annals of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 579–584, 2010.
- K. Kaira, N. Oriuchi, K. Shimizu et al., “Comparison of l-type amino acid transporter 1 expression and l-[3-18F]-α-methyl tyrosine uptake in outcome of non-small cell lung cancer,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 911–916, 2010.
- M. Sohda, H. Kato, S. Suzuki et al., “18F-FAMT-PET is useful for the diagnosis of lymph node metastasis in operable esophageal squamous cell carcinoma,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 3181–3186, 2010.
- K. Tomiyoshi, K. Amed, S. Muhammad et al., “Synthesis of isomers of 18F-labelled amino acid radiopharmaceutical: position 2- and 3-L-18F-α-methyltyrosine using a separation and purification system,” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 169–175, 1997.
- K. Hamacher and H. H. Coenen, “Efficient routine production of the 18F-labelled amino acid O-(2-[18F]fluoroethyl)-L-tyrosine,” Applied Radiation and Isotopes, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 853–856, 2002.
- M. Wang, D. Yin, S. Li, and Y. Wang, “Synthesis of O-(2-[18F]fluoroethyl)-L-tyrosine and its biological evaluation in B16 melanoma-bearing mice as PET tracer for tumor imaging,” Science in China Series B, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 276–283, 2007.
- T. Bourdier, I. Greguric, P. Roselt, T. Jackson, J. Faragalla, and A. Katsifis, “Fully automated one-pot radiosynthesis of O-(2-[18F]fluoroethyl)-l-tyrosine on the TracerLab FXFN module,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 645–651, 2011.
- N. Galldiks, M. Rapp, G. Stoffels, et al., “Response assessment of bevacizumab in patients with recurrent malignant glioma using [18F]Fluoroethyl-L-tyrosine PET in comparison to MRI,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 40, pp. 22–33, 2012.
- E. W. F. Lau, K. J. Drummond, R. E. Ware et al., “Comparative PET study using F-18 FET and F-18 FDG for the evaluation of patients with suspected brain tumour,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2010.
- F.-L. Kong, M. S. Ali, Y. Zhang et al., “Synthesis and evaluation of amino acid-based radiotracer -N4-AMT for breast cancer imaging,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, Article ID 276907, 7 pages, 2011.
- Y. Ohshima, H. Hanaoka, S. Watanabe et al., “Preparation and biological evaluation of 3-[76Br]bromo-α-methyl-l-tyrosine, a novel tyrosine analog for positron emission tomography imaging of tumors,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 857–865, 2011.
- V. Delgermaa, K. Takahashi, E.-K. Park, G. V. Le, T. Hara, and T. Sorahan, “Global mesothelioma deaths reported to the World Health Organization between 1994 and 2008,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 89, no. 10, pp. 716–724, 2011.
- B. W. S. Robinson, A. W. Musk, and R. A. Lake, “Malignant mesothelioma,” Lancet, vol. 366, no. 9483, pp. 397–408, 2005.
- K. Kaira, N. Oriuchi, T. Takahashi et al., “L-Type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) expression in malignant pleural mesothelioma,” Anticancer Research, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 4075–4082, 2011.
- H. Kobayashi, Y. Ishii, and T. Takayama, “Expression of L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) in esophageal carcinoma,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 233–238, 2005.
- D. K. Kim, I. J. Kim, S. Hwang et al., “System L-amino acid transporters are differently expressed in rat astrocyte and C6 glioma cells,” Neuroscience Research, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 437–446, 2004.
- T. Inoue, K. Tomiyoshi, T. Higuichi et al., “Biodistribution studies on L-3-[Fluorine-18]Fluoro-α-methyl tyrosine: a potential tumor-detecting agent,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 663–667, 1998.
- T. S. Lee, S. H. Ahn, B. S. Moon et al., “Comparison of 18F-FDG, 18F-FET and 18F-FLT for differentiation between tumor and inflammation in rats,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 681–686, 2009.