- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 461365, 7 pages
Ascorbic Acid and BSA Protein in Solution and Films: Interaction and Surface Morphological Structure
Grupo de Materiais Nanoestruturados, Campus Universitário do Araguaia, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso, 78600-000 Barra do Garças, MT, Brazil
Received 13 April 2013; Revised 20 June 2013; Accepted 20 June 2013
Academic Editor: Rita Casadio
Copyright © 2013 Rafael R. G. Maciel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Lin, J. Lan, M. Guan, F. Sheng, and H. Zhang, “Spectroscopic investigation of interaction between mangiferin and bovine serum albumin,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 936–941, 2009.
- H. Ai, S. A. Jones, and Y. M. Lvov, “Biomedical applications of electrostatic layer-by-layer nano-assembly of polymers, enzymes, and nanoparticles,” Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 23–43, 2003.
- P. C. S. F. Tischer and C. A. Tischer, “Nanobiotechnology: platform technology for biomaterials and biological applications the nanostructures,” Biochemistry and Biotechnology Reports, vol. 1, pp. 32–53, 2012.
- P. Lavalle, J.-C. Voegel, D. Vautier, B. Senger, P. Schaaf, and V. Ball, “Dynamic aspects of films prepared by a sequential deposition of species: perspectives for smart and responsive materials,” Advanced Materials, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1191–1221, 2011.
- J. R. Silva, J. B. Brito, S. T. Tanimoto, and N. C. de Souza, “Morphological structure characteriztion of PAH/NiTsPc multilayer nanostructured films,” Materials Sciences and Applications, vol. 2, pp. 1661–1666, 2011.
- S. Nafisi, G. Bagheri Sadeghi, and A. Panahyab, “Interaction of aspirin and vitamin C with bovine serum albumin,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 198–202, 2011.
- Y. Liu, M.-X. Xie, M. Jiang, and Y.-D. Wang, “Spectroscopic investigation of the interaction between human serum albumin and three organic acids,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 2245–2251, 2005.
- H. Wang, L. Kong, H. Zou, J. Ni, and Y. Zhang, “Screening and analysis of biologically active compounds in Angelica sinensis by molecular biochromatography,” Chromatographia, vol. 50, no. 7-8, pp. 439–445, 1999.
- E. Lozinsky, A. Novoselsky, A. I. Shames, O. Saphier, G. I. Likhtenshtein, and D. Meyerstein, “Effect of albumin on the kinetics of ascorbate oxidation,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1526, no. 1, pp. 53–60, 2001.
- G. Cardoso, R. J. da Silva, R. R. G. Maciel, N. C. de Souza, and J. R. Silva, “Roughness control of layer-by-layer and alternative spray films from Congo red and PAH via Laser light irradiation,” Materials Sciences and Applications, vol. 3, pp. 552–556, 2012.
- C. A. Schneider, W. S. Rasband, and K. W. Eliceiri, “NIH Image to ImageJ: 25 years of image analysis,” Nature Methods, vol. 9, pp. 671–675, 2012.
- R. S. Kumar, P. Paul, A. Riyasdeen et al., “Human serum albumin binding and cytotoxicity studies of surfactant-cobalt(III) complex containing 1,10-phenanthroline ligand,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 35–44, 2011.
- K. A. Connors, Binding Constants—The Measurement of Molecular Complex, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 1997.
- I. D. Kuntz Jr., F. P. Gasparro, M. D. Johnston Jr., and R. P. Taylor, “Molecular interactions and the Benesi-Hildebrand equation,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 90, no. 18, pp. 4778–4781, 1968.
- P. Daneshegar, A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi, P. Norouzi, M. R. Ganjali, M. Farhadic, and N. Sheibani, “Characterization of paracetamol binding with normal and glycated human serum albumin assayed by a new electrochemical method,” Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 315–321, 2012.
- H. A. Tajmir-Riahi, “An overview of drug binding to human serum albumin: protein folding and unfolding,” Scientia Iranica, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 87–95, 2007.
- C. H. Giles, D. Smith, and A. Huitson, “A general treatment and classification of the solute adsorption isotherm. I. Theoretical,” Journal of Colloid And Interface Science, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 755–765, 1974.
- A. L. Barabàsi and H. E. Stanley, Fractal Concepts in Surface Growth, Brittish Library, 1st edition, 2002.
- N. C. De Souza, J. R. Silva, C. A. Rodrigues, L. D. F. Costa, J. A. Giacometti, and O. N. Oliveira Jr., “Adsorption processes in layer-by-layer films of poly(o-methoxyaniline): the role of aggregation,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 428, no. 1-2, pp. 232–236, 2003.