- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 461801, 8 pages
A Light-Field-Based Method to Adjust On-Axis Rounded Leaf End MLC Position to Predict Off-Axis MLC Penumbra Region Dosimetric Performance in a Radiation Therapy Planning System
1Department of Radiation Oncology, E-Da Hospital, Kaohsiung 824, Taiwan
2Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Science, Central Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taichung 411, Taiwan
3Medical Physics & Informatics Laboratory, Department of Electronics Engineering, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, 415 Chien Kung Road, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
4Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, I-Shou University, Kaohsiung 824, Taiwan
Received 28 June 2013; Accepted 27 August 2013
Academic Editor: Ching Chong Jack Yang
Copyright © 2013 Jia-Ming Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. B. Hawkins, “A simple method of radiation treatment of craniospinal fields with patient supine,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 261–264, 2001.
- W. A. Parker and C. R. Freeman, “A simple technique for craniospinal radiotherapy in the supine position,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 217–222, 2006.
- M. Tatcher and A. S. Glicksman, “Field matching considerations in craniospinal irradiation,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 865–869, 1989.
- J. van Dyk, R. D. T. Jenkin, P. M. K. Leung, and J. R. Cunningham, “Medulloblastoma: treatment technique and radiation dosimetry,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 2, no. 9-10, pp. 993–1005, 1977.
- J. M. Galvin, A. R. Smith, R. D. Moeller et al., “Evaluation of multileaf collimator design for a photon beam,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 789–801, 1992.
- J. M. Galvin, A. R. Smith, and B. Lally, “Characterization of a multileaf collimator system,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 181–192, 1993.
- T. J. Jordan and P. C. Williams, “The design and performance characteristics of a multileaf collimator,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 231–251, 1994.
- Y. Chen, A. L. Boyer, and C.-M. Ma, “Calculation of X-ray transmission through a multileaf collimator,” Medical Physics, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1717–1726, 2000.
- M. R. Arnfield, K. Otto, V. R. Aroumougame, and R. D. Alkins, “The use of film dosimetry of the penumbra region to improve the accuracy of intensity modulated radiotherapy,” Medical Physics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 12–18, 2005.
- S. G. Ju, Y. C. Ahn, S. J. Huh, and I. J. Yeo, “Film dosimetry for intensity modulated radiation therapy: dosimetric evaluation,” Medical Physics, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 351–355, 2002.
- T. Cheung, M. J. Butson, and P. K. N. Yu, “Experimental energy response verification of XR type T radiochromic film,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 49, no. 21, pp. N371–N376, 2004.
- J. Sun and Y. Zhu, “Study of dosimetric penumbra due to multileaf collimation on a medical linear accelerator,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 1409–1417, 1995.
- Q. Wu, M. Arnfield, S. Tong, Y. Wu, and R. Mohan, “Dynamic splitting of large intensity-modulated fields,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 1731–1740, 2000.
- J. M. Wu, T. F. Lee, C. M. Kuo, C. J. Chen, and S. A. Yeh, “A light field-based method to adjust rounded leaf end MLC position for split shape dose calculation correction in a radiation therapy treatment planning system,” Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, vol. 13, 2012.
- M. J. Butson, T. Cheung, P. K. N. Yu, and H. Alnawaf, “Dose and absorption spectra response of EBT2 Gafchromic film to high energy X-rays,” Australasian Physical & Engineering Sciences in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 196–202, 2009.
- M. J. Butson, P. K. N. Yu, T. Cheung, and H. Alnawaf, “Energy response of the new EBT2 Radiochromic film to X-ray radiation,” Radiation Measurements, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 836–839, 2010.
- T. Cheung, M. J. Butson, and P. K. N. Yu, “Post-irradiation colouration of Gafchromic EBT radiochromic film,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 50, no. 20, pp. N281–N285, 2005.
- X. R. Zhu, P. A. Jursinic, D. F. Grimm, F. Lopez, J. J. Rownd, and M. T. Gillin, “Evaluation of kodak EDR2 film for dose verification of intensity modulated radiation therapy delivered by a static multileaf collimator,” Medical Physics, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1687–1692, 2002.
- W. L. McLaughlin, C. Yun-Dong, C. G. Soares, A. Miller, G. van Dyk, and D. F. Lewis, “Sensitometry of the response of a new radiochromic film dosimeter to gamma radiation and electron beams,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, vol. 302, no. 1, pp. 165–176, 1991.
- W. L. McLaughlin, J. C. Humphreys, D. Hocken, and W. J. Chappas, “Radiochromic dosimetry for validation and commissioning of industrial radiation processes,” International Journal of Radiation Applications and Instrumentation C, vol. 31, no. 4–6, pp. 505–514, 1988.
- B. Lynch, M. Ranade, J. Li, and J. Dempsey, “Characteristics of a new very high sensitivity radiochromic film,” Medical Physics, vol. 31, pp. 1837–1842, 2004.
- L. Xu, M. McEwen, C. Cojocaru, and B. Faddegon, “Measurement of lateral dose distributions using GafChromic EBT films and PTW Starcheck 2-D array,” Medical Physics, vol. 36, pp. 2624–2631, 2009.