- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 462589, 5 pages
Bleomycin Loaded Magnetite Nanoparticles Functionalized by Polyacrylic Acid as a New Antitumoral Drug Delivery System
1Department of Orthodontics, Guanghua School of Stomatology, Hospital of Stomatology, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Guangdong, Guangzhou 510055, China
2State Key Laboratory of Optoelectronic Materials and Technologies, Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Photovoltaics Technologies, School of Physics and Engineering, Institute for Solar Energy Systems, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Received 1 May 2013; Accepted 8 July 2013
Academic Editor: Narasimha Murthy
Copyright © 2013 Yue Xu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Moeller, K. Ask, D. Warburton, J. Gauldie, and M. Kolb, “The bleomycin animal model: a useful tool to investigate treatment options for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?” International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 362–382, 2008.
- C. Jin, Y. Jin, J. Wennerberg, B. Rosenquist, and F. Mertens, “Increased sensitivity to bleomycin in upper aerodigestive tract mucosa of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma patients,” Mutation Research, vol. 652, no. 1, pp. 30–37, 2008.
- Q. Luo and F. Zhao, “How to use bleomycin A5 for infantile maxillofacial haemangiomas: clinical evaluation of 82 consecutive cases,” Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 482–486, 2011.
- P. G. Gobbi and M. Federico, “What has happened to VBM (vinblastine, bleomycin, and methotrexate) chemotherapy for early-stage Hodgkin lymphoma?” Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology, vol. 82, no. 1, pp. 18–24, 2012.
- S. Kurokawa, M. Suda, T. Okuda et al., “Effect of inhaled KP-496, a novel dual antagonist of the cysteinyl leukotriene and thromboxane A2 receptors, on a bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis model in mice,” Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 425–431, 2010.
- E. Azambuja, J. F. Fleck, R. G. Batista, and S. S. Menna Barreto, “Bleomycin lung toxicity: who are the patients with increased risk?” Pulmonary Pharmacology & Therapeutics, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 363–366, 2005.
- S. E. McGrath, A. Webb, and K. Walker-Bone, “Bleomycin-induced Raynaud’s phenomenon after single-dose exposure: risk factors and treatment with intravenous iloprost infusion,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. e51–e52, 2013.
- K. Adriane, J. Huang, G. Ding, J. Chen, and Y. Liu, “Self assembled magnetic PVP/PVA hydrogel microspheres; magnetic drug targeting of VX2 auricular tumours using pingyangmycin,” Journal of Drug Targeting, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 243–253, 2006.
- D. Kavaz, S. Odabaš, E. Güven, M. Demirbilek, and E. B. Denkbaš, “Bleomycin loaded magnetic chitosan nanoparticles as multifunctional nanocarriers,” Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 305–318, 2010.
- B. Han, H.-T. Wang, H.-Y. Liu, H. Hong, W. Lv, and Z.-H. Shang, “Preparation of pingyangmycin PLGA microspheres and related in vitro/in vivo studies,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 398, no. 1-2, pp. 130–136, 2010.
- M. Arruebo, R. Fernández-Pacheco, M. R. Ibarra, and J. Santamaría, “Magnetic nanoparticles for drug delivery,” Nano Today, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 22–32, 2007.
- P. Díaz-Rodríguez and M. Landin, “Smart design of intratumoral thermosensitive β-lapachone hydrogels by Artificial Neural Networks,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 433, no. 1-2, pp. 112–118, 2012.
- S. S. Chakravarthi, S. De, D. W. Miller, and D. H. Robinson, “Comparison of anti-tumor efficacy of paclitaxel delivered in nano- and microparticles,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 383, no. 1-2, pp. 37–44, 2010.
- L. A. Nagahara, M. Ferrari, and P. Grodzinski, “Nanofunctional materials in cancer research: challenges, novel methods, and emerging applications,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 406–414, 2009.
- H. Wang, J. Wei, C. Yang et al., “The inhibition of tumor growth and metastasis by self-assembled nanofibers of taxol,” Bioma Terials, vol. 33, no. 24, pp. 5848–5853, 2012.
- R. Hao, R. Xing, Z. Xu, Y. Hou, S. Goo, and S. Sun, “Synthesis, functionalization, and biomedical applications of multifunctional magnetic nanoparticles,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 25, pp. 2729–2742, 2010.
- Y. Sui, Y. Cui, Y. Nie, G.-M. Xia, G.-X. Sun, and J.-T. Han, “Surface modification of magnetite nanoparticles using gluconic acid and their application in immobilized lipase,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, vol. 93, pp. 24–28, 2012.
- T. K. Jain, S. P. Foy, B. Erokwu, S. Dimitrijevic, C. A. Flask, and V. Labhasetwar, “Magnetic resonance imaging of multifunctional pluronic stabilized iron-oxide nanoparticles in tumor-bearing mice,” Biomaterials, vol. 30, no. 35, pp. 6748–6756, 2009.
- J. Ge, Y. Hu, and Y. Yin, “Highly tunable superparamagnetic colloidal photonic crystals,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 46, no. 39, pp. 7428–7431, 2007.
- S. Shuji, K. Koki, O. Yumi, B. Toshiaki, and K. Yoshinobu, “Therapeutic method of administering pharmaceutical titanium dioxide composite and light irradiation,” Japanese, 20110014245 [AA61K3174FI], 2013, http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20110014245#b#ixzz2RzoIfzXF.
- Y. Xu, L. Zhuang, H. Lin, H. Shen, and J. W. Li, “Preparation and characterization of polyacrylic acid coated magnetite nanoparticles functionalized with amino acids,” Thin Solid Films, 2013.
- X. Huang, L. Li, T. Liu et al., “The shape effect of mesoporous silica nanoparticles on biodistribution, clearance, and biocompatibility in vivo,” ACS Nano, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 5390–5399, 2011.
- A. K. Gupta and S. Wells, “Surface-modified superparamagnetic nanoparticles for drug delivery: preparation, characterization, and cytotoxicity studies,” IEEE Transactions on Nanobioscience, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 66–73, 2004.
- J. Milton Harris and R. B. Chess, “Effect of pegylation on pharmaceuticals,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 214–221, 2003.
- Y. Lv, G. Ding, J. Zhai, Y. Guo, G. Nie, and L. Xu, “A superparamagnetic Fe3O4-loaded polymeric nanocarrier for targeted delivery of evodiamine with enhanced antitumor efficacy,” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, vol. 16, no. 110, pp. 411–418, 2013.