- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 463153, 9 pages
Scope of Nursing Care in Polish Intensive Care Units
1Chair of Development in Nursing, Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences, Medical University, U1. Staszica 4-6, 20-081 Lublin, Poland
2Chair and Department of Management in Nursing, Faculty of Nursing and Health Sciences, Medical University, Lublin, Poland
Received 10 April 2013; Revised 3 September 2013; Accepted 9 October 2013
Academic Editor: Stephen M. Pastores
Copyright © 2013 Mariusz Wysokiński et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Wołk and T. J. Strzelecki, Studies of Methods of Work Standardization, Publishers of Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland, 1993, (Polish).
- T. Widomska-Czekajska and J. Górajek-Jóźwik, Eds., Encyclopaedical Guide for Nurses Publishers, State Medical, Warsaw, Poland, 1996, (Polish).
- Z. Mikołajczyk, Organizational Techniques in Solving Management Problems, State Scientific, Warsaw, Poland, 1994, (Polish).
- “Management in nursing,” in Handbook for Students of Studies for MA Degree at Faculties of Nursing and Faculties of Health Sciences, A. Ksykiewicz-Dorota, Ed., Czelej, Lublin, Poland, 2005, (Polish).
- Regulation by the Minister of Health of 21 December 1999 in the matter of determination of minimum employment standards for nurses and midwives in health care facilities, 1999, (Polish).
- D. R. Miranda, R. Nap, A. de Rijk et al., “Nursing activities score,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 374–382, 2003.
- R. Abrishami, A. Ahmadi, M. Abdollahi et al., “Comparison the inflammatory effects of early supplemental parenteral nutrition plus enteral nutrition versus enteral nutrition alone in critically ill patients,” Daru, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 103–106, 2010.
- J. Graf, C. Graf, P. Hanrath, and U. Janssens, “Simplified therapeutic intervention scoring system (TISS 28) to assess intensive care unit (ICU) cost and the efficiency of the admission process to a medical ICU,” Critical Care, vol. 5, no. 1, article 105, 2010.
- R. D. C. M. Guimarães, E. R. Rabelo, M. A. Moraes, and K. Azzolin, “Severity of postoperative cardiac surgery patients: Na evolution analysis according to TISS-28,” Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 61–66, 2010.
- A. Meissner, K. R. Genga, F. S. Studart et al., “Epidemiology of and factors associated with end-of-life decisions in a surgical intensive care unit,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1060–1068, 2010.
- N. Muehler, J. Oishi, M. Specht, F. Rissner, K. Reinhart, and Y. Sakr, “Serial measurement of therapeutic intervention scoring system-28 (TISS-28) in a surgical intensive care unit,” Journal of Critical Care, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 620–627, 2010.
- S. Utzolino, P. A. Ober, M. Kaffarnik, A. Fischer, U. T. Hopt, and P. K. Baier, “Short- and long-term health implications of surgical intensive care in the elderly,” Health, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 1405–1412, 2010.
- D. J. Cullen, J. M. Civetta, B. A. Briggs, and L. C. Ferrara, “Therapeutic intervention scoring system: a method for quantitative comparison of patient care,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 57–60, 1974.
- A. R. Keene and D. J. Cullen, “Therapeutic intervention scoring system: update 1983,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–3, 1983.
- K. G. Padilha, R. M. C. Sousa, M. Kimura et al., “Nursing workload in intensive care units: a study using the therapeutic intervention scoring system-28 (TISS-28),” Intensive and Critical Care Nursing, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 162–169, 2007.
- R. Lefering, “Biostatistical aspects of outcome evaluation using TISS-28,” European Journal of Surgery, Supplement, vol. 164, no. 584, pp. 56–61, 1999.
- A. M. Pirret, “Utilizing TISS to differentiate between intensive care and high-dependency patients and to identify nursing skill requirements,” Intensive and Critical Care Nursing, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 19–26, 2002.
- K. Stricker, H. U. Rothen, and J. Takala, “Resource use in the ICU: short- vs. long-term patients,” Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 508–515, 2003.
- E. Mayzner-Zawadzka, “Hospitalization in an intensive care unit,” Intensive Care Anesthesiology, no. 31, pp. 205–211, 1999 (Polish).
- Explanatory notes for the TISS-28 scale: a register of nursing activities classified into individual criteria of the TISS scale, 2006, (Polish), http://www.nfz-gdansk.pl/swiadczeniodawcy/umowy/2005/03-szp-20050616-skala-tiss28.doc.
- A. Kübler, “Intensive care—current conditions of contacting, perspectives for the year 2006,” Intensive and Emergency Medicine, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 127–128, 2005.
- A. Guccione, A. Morena, A. Pezzi, and G. Iapichino, “The assessment of nursing workload,” Minerva Anestesiologica, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 411–416, 2004.
- S. Hariharan, D. Chen, L. Merritt-Charles et al., “The utilities of the therapeutic intervention scoring system (TISS-28),” Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 61–66, 2007.
- E. Cudak-Bańska and D. Dyk, “Measuring nurses' workload at an intensive care—unit—a meta analysis of empirical research,” in Proceedings of the 3rd Convention of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Nurses' Society, pp. 10–12, Szczyrk, Poland, October 2003.
- D. R. Miranda, A. de Rijk, and W. Schaufeli, “Simplified therapeutic intervention scoring system: the TISS-28 items—results from a multicenter study,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 64–73, 1996.
- W. W. Y. Kwok, J. P. C. Chau, L. P. L. Low, and D. R. Thompson, “The reliability and validity of the therapeutic activity index,” Journal of Critical Care, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 257–263, 2005.
- L. Harrison and G. Nixon, “Nursing activity in general intensive care,” Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 158–167, 2002.
- D. Elliott, Y. Mudaliar, and C. Kim, “Examining discharge outcomes and health status of critically ill patients: some practical considerations,” Intensive and Critical Care Nursing, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 366–377, 2004.