- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 468963, 7 pages
Stat3 Inhibits PTPN13 Expression in Squamous Cell Lung Carcinoma through Recruitment of HDAC5
1The Helmholtz Sino-German Research Laboratory for Cancer, Department of Pathology, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi’an 710038, China
2Department of Urology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an 710004, China
3Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi’an 710038, China
Received 20 July 2013; Revised 17 August 2013; Accepted 30 August 2013
Academic Editor: Qinghua Nie
Copyright © 2013 Xiu-juan Han et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Wang, D. Shen, D. W. Parsons et al., “Mutational analysis of the tyrosine phosphatome in colorectal cancers,” Science, vol. 304, no. 5674, pp. 1164–1166, 2004.
- G. Freiss and D. Chalbos, “PTPN13/PTPl1: an important regulator of tumor aggressiveness,” Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 78–88, 2011.
- I. Laczmanska and M. M. Sasiadek, “Tyrosine phosphatases as a superfamily of tumor suppressors in colorectal cancer,” Acta Biochimica Polonica, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 467–470, 2011.
- J. Niu, Y.-J. Huang, L.-E. Wang, E. M. Sturgis, and Q. Wei, “Genetic polymorphisms in the PTPN13 gene and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck,” Carcinogenesis, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 2053–2058, 2009.
- M. Frau, M. M. Simile, and M. L. Tomasi, “An expression signature of phenotypic resistance to hepatocellular carcinoma identified by cross-species gene expression analysis,” Cellular Oncology, vol. 35, pp. 163–173, 2012.
- M. Glondu-Lassis, M. Dromard, M. Lacroix-Triki et al., “PTPL1/PTPN13 regulates breast cancer cell aggressiveness through direct inactivation of Src kinase,” Cancer Research, vol. 70, no. 12, pp. 5116–5126, 2010.
- P. D. Vermeer, M. Bell, K. Lee et al., “ErbB2, EphrinB1, Src kinase and PTPN13 signaling complex regulates MAP kinase signaling in human cancers,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 1, Article ID e30447, 2012.
- M. Scrima, C. De Marco, F. De Vita et al., “The nonreceptor-type tyrosine phosphatase PTPN13 is a tumor suppressor gene in nonsmall cell lung cancer,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 180, no. 3, pp. 1202–1214, 2012.
- H. Yu and R. Jove, “The stats of cancer—new molecular targets come of age,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 97–105, 2004.
- H. Yu, D. Pardoll, and R. Jove, “STATs in cancer inflammation and immunity: a leading role for STAT3,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 798–809, 2009.
- S. Grivennikov, E. Karin, J. Terzic et al., “IL-6 and Stat3 are required for survival of intestinal epithelial cells and development of colitis-associated cancer,” Cancer Cell, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 103–113, 2009.
- M. Hedvat, D. Huszar, A. Herrmann et al., “The JAK2 inhibitor AZD1480 potently blocks Stat3 signaling and oncogenesis in solid tumors,” Cancer Cell, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 487–497, 2009.
- D. Lin, Z. Cui, L. Kong, F. Cheng, J. Xu, and F. Lan, “p73 participates in WWOX-mediated apoptosis in leukemia cells,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 31, pp. 849–854, 2013.
- H. Lee, A. Herrmann, J.-H. Deng et al., “Persistently activated Stat3 maintains constitutive NF-κB activity in tumors,” Cancer Cell, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 283–293, 2009.
- Y. Tang, Y. Luo, Z. Jiang, et al., “Jak/Stat3 signaling promotes somatic cell reprogramming by epigenetic regulation,” Stem Cells, vol. 30, pp. 2645–2656, 2012.
- S.-H. Song, S.-W. Han, and Y.-J. Bang, “Epigenetic-based therapies in cancer: progress to date,” Drugs, vol. 71, no. 18, pp. 2391–2403, 2011.
- M. Parra and E. Verdin, “Regulatory signal transduction pathways for class IIa histone deacetylases,” Current Opinion in Pharmacology, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 454–460, 2010.
- J. Ye, M. Llorian, M. Cardona, et al., “A pathway involving HDAC5, cFLIP and caspases regulates expression of the splicing regulator polypyrimidine tract binding protein in the heart,” Journal of Cell Science, vol. 126, pp. 1682–1691, 2013.
- P. Peixoto, V. Castronovo, N. Matheus et al., “HDAC5 is required for maintenance of pericentric heterochromatin, and controls cell-cycle progression and survival of human cancer cells,” Cell Death and Differentiation, vol. 19, pp. 1239–1252, 2012.
- D. A. Moreno, C. A. Scrideli, M. A. A. Cortez et al., “Differential expression of HDAC3, HDAC7 and HDAC9 is associated with prognosis and survival in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: research paper,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 665–673, 2010.
- T. Milde, I. Oehme, A. Korshunov et al., “HDAC5 and HDAC9 in medulloblastoma: novel markers for risk stratification and role in tumor cell growth,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 3240–3252, 2010.
- N. Patani, W. G. Jiang, R. F. Newbold, and K. Mokbel, “Histone-modifier gene expression profiles are associated with pathological and clinical outcomes in human breast cancer,” Anticancer Research, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 4115–4126, 2011.
- J. E. Shabason, P. J. Tofilon, and K. Camphausen, “HDAC inhibitors in cancer care,” Oncology, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 180–185, 2010.
- O. Khan and N. B. La Thangue, “HDAC inhibitors in cancer biology: emerging mechanisms and clinical applications,” Immunology and Cell Biology, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 85–94, 2012.