- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 469164, 7 pages
Removal of White Mineral Trioxide Aggregate Cement: A Promising Approach
1Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
2Bioscience Research Center, College of Dentistry, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
3Department of Restorative Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A&M University System Health Science Center, Dallas, TX, USA
4Kamal Asgar Research Center (KARC) and Dental School, Tehran, Iran
5Research Center for Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology and Department of Endodontics, Dental Faculty, Tabriz University (Medical Sciences), Tabriz, Iran
6Private practice, Tehran, Iran
Received 25 April 2013; Revised 2 August 2013; Accepted 8 August 2013
Academic Editor: Ali Abdalla
Copyright © 2013 Mohammad Ali Saghiri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Economides, O. Pantelidou, A. Kokkas, and D. Tziafas, “Short-term periradicular tissue response to mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) as root-end filling material,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 44–48, 2003.
- P. J. C. Mitchell, T. R. Pitt Ford, M. Torabinejad, and F. McDonald, “Osteoblast biocompatibility of mineral trioxide aggregate,” Biomaterials, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 167–173, 1999.
- E. T. Koh, F. McDonald, T. R. Pitt Ford, and M. Torabinejad, “Cellular response to mineral trioxide aggregate,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 543–547, 1998.
- M. Torabinejad, C. U. Hong, F. McDonald, and T. R. Pitt Ford, “Physical and chemical properties of a new root-end filling material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 349–353, 1995.
- M. Torabinejad, T. F. Watson, and T. R. Pitt Ford, “Sealing ability of a mineral trioxide aggregate when used as a root end filling material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 591–595, 1993.
- C. F. Bates, D. L. Carnes, and C. E. del Rio, “Longitudinal sealing ability of mineral trioxide aggregate as a root-end filling material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 575–578, 1996.
- M. Torabinejad, C. U. Hong, T. R. P. Ford, and J. D. Kettering, “Antibacterial effects of some root end filling materials,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 403–406, 1995.
- M. Torabinejad and D. J. White, “Tooth filling material and method of use,” U.S. Patent 5, 415, 547, 1995.
- N. K. Sarkar, R. Caicedo, P. Ritwik, R. Moiseyeva, and I. Kawashima, “Physicochemical basis of the biologic properties of mineral trioxide aggregate,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 97–100, 2005.
- V. S. Ramachandran, “Concrete science,” in Concrete Admixtures Handbook-Properties, Science, and Technology, chapter 1, pp. 1–60, William Andrew Publishing, Noyes, Canada, 2nd edition, 1995.
- I. Islam, H. Kheng Chng, and A. U. Jin Yap, “Comparison of the physical and mechanical properties of MTA and portland cement,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 193–197, 2006.
- G. Danesh, T. Dammaschke, H. U. V. Gerth, T. Zandbiglari, and E. Schäfer, “A comparative study of selected properties of ProRoot mineral trioxide aggregate and two Portland cements,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 213–219, 2006.
- C. Poggio, M. Lombardini, C. Alessandro, and R. Simonetta, “Solubility of troot-end-filling materials: a comparative study,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 33, no. 9, pp. 1094–1097, 2007.
- M.-Y. Shie, T.-H. Huang, C.-T. Kao, C.-H. Huang, and S.-J. Ding, “The effect of a physiologic solution pH on properties of white mineral trioxide aggregate,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 98–101, 2009.
- M. Fridland and R. Rosado, “MTA solubility: a long term study,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 376–379, 2005.
- M. S. Namazikhah, M. H. Nekoofar, M. S. Sheykhrezae et al., “The effect of pH on surface hardness and microstructure of mineral trioxide aggregate,” International Endodontic Journal, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 108–116, 2008.
- N. Shokouhinejad, M. H. Nekoofar, A. Iravani, M. J. Kharrazifard, and P. M. H. Dummer, “Effect of acidic environment on the push-out bond strength of mineral trioxide aggregate,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 871–874, 2010.
- M. A. Saghiri, M. Lotfi, A. M. Saghiri et al., “Effect of pH on sealing ability of white mineral trioxide aggregate as a root-end filling material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1226–1229, 2008.
- R. E. Beddoe and H. W. Dorner, “Modelling acid attack on concrete: part I. The essential mechanisms,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 2333–2339, 2005.
- A. Bertron, J. Duchesne, and G. Escadeillas, “Accelerated tests of hardened cement pastes alteration by organic acids: analysis of the pH effect,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 155–166, 2005.
- International Organization for Standardization, “Specification for dental root canal sealing materials,” ISO 6876, British Standards Institution, London, UK, 1986.
- ANSI/ADA, Revised American National Standard/American Dental Association Specification N° 30 For Dental Zinc Oxide Eugenol Cements and Zinc Oxide Non Eugenol Cements 7. 5, ANSI/ADA, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1991.
- D. R. Hachmeister, W. G. Schindler, W. A. Walker III, and D. D. Thomas, “The sealing ability and retention characteristics of mineral trioxide aggregate in a model of apexification,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 386–390, 2002.
- C. Boutsioukis, G. Noula, and T. Lambrianidis, “Ex vivo study of the efficiency of two techniques for the removal of mineral trioxide aggregate used as a root canal filling material,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1239–1242, 2008.
- S. Nandini, V. Natanasabapathy, and S. Shivanna, “Effect of various chemicals as solvents on the dissolution of set white mineral trioxide aggregate: an in vitro study,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 135–138, 2010.
- J. D. Watts, D. M. Holt, T. J. Beeson, T. C. Kirkpatrick, and R. E. Rutledge, “Effects of pH and mixing agents on the temporal setting of tooth-colored and gray mineral trioxide aggregate,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 970–973, 2007.
- M. A. Saghiri, M. Lotfi, M. D. Joupari, M. Aeinehchi, and A. M. Saghiri, “Effects of storage temperature on surface hardness, microstructure, and phase formation of white mineral trioxide aggregate,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 1414–1418, 2010.
- M. Parirokh and M. Torabinejad, “Mineral trioxide aggregate: a comprehensive literature review. Part I: chemical, physical, and antibacterial properties,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 16–27, 2010.
- H. O. Dixon, “Method for preparing cellular cement,” US Patent 3, 098, 754, 1959.
- C. Shi and J. A. Stegemann, “Acid corrosion resistance of different cementing materials,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 803–808, 2000.
- P. Yan, B. Peng, B. Fan, M. Fan, and Z. Bian, “The effects of sodium hypochlorite (5.25%), chlorhexidine (2%), and glyde file prep on the bond strength of MTA-dentin,” Journal of Endodontics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 58–60, 2006.