- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 481843, 8 pages
Effect of Fluorometholone/Tetrahydrozoline Fixed Combination on Conjunctival Autograft Morphology after Primary Pterygium Excision
1Beyoglu Eye Research and Training Hospital, 34001 Istanbul, Turkey
2Department of Ophthalmology, Gaziantep Sehitkamil State Hospital, Gaziantep, Turkey
3Department of Ophthalmology, Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Canakkale, Turkey
4Department of Ophthalmology, Istanbul Medeniyet University Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
Received 3 April 2013; Accepted 1 June 2013
Academic Editor: Marcel N. Menke
Copyright © 2013 Engin Bilge Ozgurhan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. P. Chen, R. G. Ariyasu, V. Kaza, L. D. LaBree, and P. J. McDonnell, “Randomized trial comparing mitomycin C and conjunctival autograft after excision of primary pterygium,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 151–160, 1995.
- P. Prabhasawat, K. Barton, G. Burkett, and S. C. G. Tseng, “Comparison of conjunctival autografts amniotic membrane grafts, and primary closure for pterygium excision,” Ophthalmology, vol. 104, no. 6, pp. 974–985, 1997.
- K. R. Kenyon, M. D. Wagoner, and M. E. Hettinger, “Conjunctival autograft transplantation for advanced and recurrent pterygium,” Ophthalmology, vol. 92, no. 11, pp. 1461–1470, 1985.
- T. Starck, K. R. Kenyon, and F. Serrano, “Conjunctival autograft for primary and recurrent pterygia: surgical technique and problem management,” Cornea, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 196–202, 1991.
- F. M. Mutlu, G. Sobaci, T. Tatar, and E. Yildirim, “A comparative study of recurrent pterygium surgery: limbal conjunctival autograft transplantation versus mitomycin C with conjunctival flap,” Ophthalmology, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 817–821, 1999.
- S. Dadeya, K. Kamlesh, C. Khurana, and S. Fatima, “Intraoperative daunorubicin versus conjunctival autograft in primary pterygium surgery,” Cornea, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 766–769, 2002.
- I. Bahar, D. Weinberger, G. Dan, and R. Avisar, “Pterygium surgery: fibrin glue versus vicryl sutures for conjunctival closure,” Cornea, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 1168–1172, 2006.
- J. Marticorena, M. T. Rodríguez-Ares, R. Touriño et al., “Pterygium surgery: conjunctival autograft using a fibrin adhesive,” Cornea, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 34–36, 2006.
- V. Sarnicola, L. Vannozzi, and P. A. Motolese, “Recurrence rate using fibrin glue-assisted ipsilateral conjunctival autograft in pterygium surgery: 2-year follow-up,” Cornea, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1211–1214, 2010.
- D. Huang, E. A. Swanson, C. P. Lin et al., “Optical coherence tomography,” Science, vol. 254, no. 5035, pp. 1178–1181, 1991.
- L. M. Sakata, R. Lavanya, D. S. Friedman et al., “Comparison of gonioscopy and anterior segment ocular coherence tomography in detecting angle closure in different quadrants of the anterior chamber angle,” Ophthalmology, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 769–774, 2008.
- M. Doors, N. G. Tahzib, F. A. Eggink, T. T. J. M. Berendschot, C. A. B. Webers, and R. M. M. A. Nuijts, “Use of anterior segment optical coherence tomography to study corneal changes after collagen cross-linking,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 148, no. 6, pp. 844–851, 2009.
- J. Wang, J. Aquavella, J. Palakuru, and S. Chung, “Repeated measurements of dynamic tear distribution on the ocular surface after instillation of artificial tears,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 47, no. 8, pp. 3325–3329, 2006.
- Q. Chen, J. Wang, M. Shen et al., “Lower volumes of tear menisci in contact lens wearers with dry eye symptoms,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 3159–3163, 2009.
- M. Singh, T. Aung, M. C. Aquino, and P. T. K. Chew, “Utility of bleb imaging with anterior segment optical coherence tomography in clinical decision-making after trabeculectomy,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 492–495, 2009.
- M. Ciancaglini, P. Carpineto, L. Agnifili et al., “Filtering bleb functionality: a clinical, anterior segment optical coherence tomography and in vivo confocal microscopy study,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 308–317, 2008.
- N. Efron and P. B. Morgan, “Soft contact lens care regimens in the UK,” Contact Lens and Anterior Eye, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 283–284, 2008.
- A. Kheirkhah, M. Adelpour, M. Nikdel, R. Ghaffari, H. Ghassemi, and H. Hashemi, “Evaluation of conjunctival graft thickness after pterygium surgery by anterior segment optical coherence tomography,” Current Eye Research, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 782–786, 2011.
- K. C. Osterhoudt and F. M. Henretig, “Sinoatrial node arrest following tetrahydrozoline ingestion,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 313–314, 2004.
- M. S. Lee, A. R. Harrison, and R. H. Kardon, “Patient use of Visine (tetrahydrozoline) masks Horner syndrome,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 149–150, 2008.