- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 490946, 12 pages
Apatite Formation: Why It May Not Work as Planned, and How to Conclusively Identify Apatite Compounds
CIRIMAT Carnot Institute-UMR CNRS/INPT/UPS 5085, University of Toulouse, Ensiacet, 4 Allée Emile Monso, 31030 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Received 19 April 2013; Revised 24 June 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Stanley J. Stachelek
Copyright © 2013 Christophe Drouet. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Christina G. Weber, Michaela Mueller, Nicolas Vandecandelaere, Iris Trick, Anke Burger-Kentischer, Tanja Maucher, and Christophe Drouet, “Enzyme-functionalized biomimetic apatites: concept and perspectives in view of innovative medical approaches,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 2013.
- A. Cuneyt Tas, “Submicron spheres of amorphous calcium phosphate forming in a stirred SBF solution at 55°C,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 400, pp. 27–32, 2014.
- Jinhui Wang, Haixia Wang, Yizhu Wang, Jingfeng Li, Zhiqiang Su, and Gang Wei, “Alternate layer-by-layer assembly of graphene oxide nanosheets and fibrinogen nanofibers on a silicon substrate for a biomimetic three-dimensional hydroxyapatite scaffold,” J. Mater. Chem. B, vol. 2, no. 42, pp. 7360–7368, 2014.
- A. Grunenwald, C. Keyser, A. M. Sautereau, E. Crubézy, B. Ludes, and C. Drouet, “Novel contribution on the diagenetic physicochemical features of bone and teeth minerals, as substrates for ancient DNA typing,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2014.
- A. Grunenwald, C. Keyser, A.M. Sautereau, E. Crubézy, B. Ludes, and C. Drouet, “Revisiting carbonate quantification in apatite (bio)minerals: a validated FTIR methodology,” Journal of Archaeological Science, 2014.
- Jolanda R Vetsch, Samantha J. Paulsen, Ralph Müller, and Sandra Hofmann, “Effect of fetal bovine serum on mineralization in silk fibroin scaffolds,” Acta Biomaterialia, 2014.
- Anup Kumar Patel, and Kantesh Balani, “Dispersion Fraction Enhances Cellular Growth of Carbon Nanotube and Aluminum Oxide Reinforced Ultrahigh Molecular Weight Polyethylene Biocomposites,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2014.
- B. Marelli, C. E. Ghezzi, A. Alessandrino, G. Freddi, and S. N. Nazhat, “Anionic fibroin-derived polypeptides accelerate MSC osteoblastic differentiation in a three-dimensional osteoid-like dense collagen niche,” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, vol. 2, no. 33, pp. 5339–5343, 2014.
- Dagnija Loca, Inga Narkevica, and Jurijs Ozolins, “The effect of TiO2 nanopowder coating on in vitro bioactivity of porous TiO2 scaffolds,” Materials Letters, 2015.
- Sophie C. Cox, Parastoo Jamshidi, Richard L. Williams, Liam M. Grover, and Kajal K. Mallick, “The importance of processing conditions on the biological response to apatites,” Powder Technology, 2015.
- Suzan Bsat, Saber Amin Yavari, Maximilian Munsch, Edward R. Valstar, and Amir A. Zadpoor, “Effect of Alkali-Acid-Heat Chemical Surface Treatment on Electron Beam Melted Porous Titanium and Its Apatite Forming Ability,” Materials, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1612–1625, 2015.
- Janis Locs, Inga Narkevica, Lauma Bugovecka, Jurijs Ozolins, and Liga Berzina-Cimdina, “Apatite-forming ability of thermally treated titania with various phase compositions,” Materials Letters, 2015.
- Taju Sani, Luis Gómez-Hortigüela, Joaquín Pérez-Pariente, Yonas Chebude, and Isabel Díaz, “Defluoridation Performance of Nano-hydroxyapatite/Stilbite Composite comparedwith Bone Char,” Separation and Purification Technology, 2015.
- K. Hammami, H. El Feki, O. Marsan, and C. Drouet, “Adsorption of nucleotides on biomimetic apatite: The case of adenosine 5 ' monophosphate (AMP),” Applied Surface Science, vol. 353, pp. 165–172, 2015.
- Benedetto Marelli, Chiara E. Ghezzi, Mark James-Bhasin, and Showan N. Nazhat, “Fabrication of injectable, cellular, anisotropic collagen tissue equivalents with modular fibrillar densities,” Biomaterials, vol. 37, pp. 183–193, 2015.
- Sophie Cazalbou, Ghislaine Bertrand, and Christophe Drouet, “Tetracycline-Loaded Biomimetic Apatite: An Adsorption Study,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, pp. 150129083820002, 2015.
- Sophie C. Cox, Richard I. Walton, and Kajal K. Mallick, “Comparison of techniques for the synthesis of hydroxyapatite,” Bioinspired Biomimetic And Nanobiomaterials, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 37–47, 2015.