- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 498918, 4 pages
Microalbuminuria and Glomerular Filtration Rate in Paediatric Visceral Leishmaniasis
1Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences (Indian Council of Medical Research), Agam Kuan, Patna 800 007, India
2Laboratory of Clinical Biochemistry, Rajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Sciences (Indian Council of Medical Research), Agam Kuan, Patna 800 007, India
Received 29 April 2013; Accepted 10 June 2013
Academic Editor: Subash Babu
Copyright © 2013 Neena Verma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. K. Bhattacharya, D. Sur, and J. Karbwang, “Childhood visceral leishmaniasis,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 353–356, 2006.
- A. M. El Hassan and E. A. G. Khalil, “Post-kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis: does it play a role in the transmission of Leishmania donovani in the Sudan?” Tropical Medicine and International Health, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 743–744, 2001.
- E. E. Zijlstra and A. M. el-Hassan, “Leishmaniasis in Sudan. Visceral leishmaniasis,” Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 95, supplement 1, pp. S27–S58, 2001.
- E. A. G. Khalil, E. E. Zijlstra, P. A. Kager, and A. M. El Hassan, “Epidemiology and clinical manifestations of Leishmania donovani infection in two villages in an endemic area in eastern Sudan,” Tropical Medicine and International Health, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 35–44, 2002.
- A. Sartori, A. Viana de Oliveira, and M. C. Roque-Barreira, “Immune complex glomerulonephritis in experimental kala-azar,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 93–103, 1987.
- T. de Brito, S. Hoshino Shimizu, and V. Amato Neto, “Glomerular involvement in human kala azar. A light, immunofluorescent, and electron microscopic study based on kidney biopsies,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 9–18, 1975.
- A. Poli, F. Abramo, F. Mancianti, M. Nigro, S. Pieri, and A. Bionda, “Renal involvement in canine leishmaniasis. A light-microscopic, immunohistochemical and electron-microscopic study,” Nephron, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 444–452, 1991.
- J. R. Weisinger, A. Pinto, and G. A. Velazquez, “Clinical and histological kidney involvement in human Kala-azar,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 357–359, 1978.
- F. A. Costa, J. L. Guerra, S. M. M. S. Silva, R. P. Klein, I. L. Mendonça, and H. Goto, “CD4+ T cells participate in the nephropathy of canine visceral leishmaniasis,” Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 1455–1458, 2000.
- M. Dutra, R. Martinelli, and E. M. de Carvalho, “Renal involvement in visceral leishmaniasis,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 22–27, 1985.
- N. Salgado Filho, T. M. Ferreira, and J. M. Costa, “Involvement of the renal function in patients with visceral leishmaniasis (kala-azar),” Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 217–221, 2003.
- F. A. Lima Verde, F. A. Lima Verde, I. A. Lima Verde, G. B. Silva Jr., E. F. Daher, and E. M. Lima Verde, “Evaluation of renal function in human visceral leishmaniasis (kala-azar): a prospective study on 50 patients from Brazil,” Journal of Nephrology, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 430–436, 2007.
- F. A. A. Lima Verde, F. A. Lima Verde, E. de Francesco Daher, G. M. dos Santo, A. S. Neto, and E. M. Lima Verde, “Renal tubular dysfunction in human visceral leishmaniasis (Kala-azar),” Clinical Nephrology, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 492–500, 2009.
- M. L. F. van Velthuysen and S. Florquin, “Glomerulopathy associated with parasitic infections,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 55–66, 2000.
- V. Chaigne, Y. Knefati, R. Lafarge et al., “Acute renal failure complicating a visceral leishmaniasis,” Nephrologie, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 179–183, 2004.
- G. Efstratiadis, E. Boura, P. Giamalis et al., “Renal involvement in a patient with visceral leishmaniasis,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 235–236, 2006.
- A. B. Libório, N. A. Rocha, M. J. C. Oliveira et al., “Acute kidney injury in children with visceral leishmaniasis,” Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 451–454, 2012.
- M. Navarro, J. Bonet, J. Bonal, and R. Romero, “Secondary amyloidosis with irreversible acute renal failure caused by visceral leishmaniasis in a patient with aids,” Nefrologia, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 745–746, 2006.
- D. E. Varlam, M. M. Siddiq, L. A. Parton, and H. Rüssmann, “Apoptosis contributes to amphotericin B-induced nephrotoxicity,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 679–685, 2001.
- S. Sundar, H. Mehta, A. V. Suresh, S. P. Singh, M. Rai, and H. W. Murray, “Amphotericin B treatment for Indian visceral leishmaniasis: conventional versus lipid formulations,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 377–383, 2004.
- S. Sundar, T. K. Jha, C. P. Thakur, M. Mishra, V. P. Singh, and R. Buffels, “Single-dose liposomal amphotericin B in the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in India: a multicenter study,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 800–804, 2003.
- S. Sundar, T. K. Jha, C. P. Thakur, M. Mishra, V. P. Singh, and R. Buffels, “Low-dose liposomal amphotericin B in refractory Indian visceral leishmaniasis: a multicenter study,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 143–156, 2002.
- S. Sundar, G. Agrawal, M. Rai, M. K. Makharia, and H. W. Murray, “Treatment of Indian visceral leishmaniasis with single or daily infusions of low dose liposomal amphotericin B: randomised trial,” British Medical Journal, vol. 323, no. 7310, pp. 419–422, 2001.
- C. S. Lal, A. Kumar, S. Kumar et al., “Hypocholesterolemia and increased triglyceride in pediatric visceral leishmaniasis,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 382, no. 1-2, pp. 151–153, 2007.