- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 503095, 7 pages
Affinity Labeling of Membrane Receptors Using Tissue-Penetrating Radiations
1Nuclear Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030-4009, USA
2Neuro-Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030-4009, USA
3Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
4University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1400 Pressler, Unit 1483, Houston, TX 77030-4009, USA
5Addiction Research Center, National Institute of Drug Abuse, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
6U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
7Neuropharmacology, Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
8Radiology, Psychiatry, Neuroscience, Environmental Health Science, and Carey Business School, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Received 15 April 2013; Revised 6 June 2013; Accepted 13 June 2013
Academic Editor: Mei-Hsiu Liao
Copyright © 2013 Franklin C. Wong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Bayley and J. R. Knowles, “Photogenerated, hydrophobic reagents for intrinsic membrane proteins,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 346, pp. 45–58, 1980.
- W. Cohen, S. V. Chau, P. R. Kastl, and D. R. Caldwell, “X-ray affinity and photoaffinity inhibitor of aldose reductase,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 151–158, 1986.
- F. I. Carroll, A. Philip, and A. H. Lewing, “Cocaine receptor. Design of ligands,” NIDA Research Monograph Series, no. 96, pp. 112–121, 1990.
- D. F. Wong, E. P. Broussolle, G. Wand et al., “In vivo measurement of dopamine receptors in human brain by positron emission tomography. Age and sex differences,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 515, pp. 203–214, 1987.
- C. Muhr, M. Bergstrom, and P. O. Lundberg, “Dopamine receptors in pituitary adenomas: PET visualization with 11C-N-methylspiperone,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 175–180, 1986.
- B. C. K. Yung, G. S. Wand, L. Blevins, et al., “In vivo assessment of dopamine receptor density in pituitary macroadenoma and correlation with in vitro assay,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 34, p. 133, 1993.
- H. B. Niznik, J. H. Guan, J. L. Neumeyer, and P. Seeman, “A photoaffinity ligand for dopamine D2 receptors: azidoclebopride,” Molecular Pharmacology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 193–199, 1985.
- H. B. Niznik, A. Dumbrille-Ross, and J. H. Guan, “Dopamine D2 receptors photolabeled by iodo-acido-clebopride,” Neuroscience Letters, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 267–272, 1985.
- M. Gavish, Y. Katz, S. Bar-Ami, and R. Weizman, “Biochemical, physiological, and pathological aspects of the peripheral benzodiazepine receptor,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 1589–1601, 1992.
- L. Junck, J. M. M. Olson, B. J. Ciliax et al., “PET imaging of human gliomas with ligands for the peripheral benzodiazepine binding site,” Annals of Neurology, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 752–758, 1989.
- S. Pappata, P. Cornu, Y. Samson et al., “PET study of carbon-11-PK 11195 binding to peripheral type benzodiazepine sites in glioblastoma: a case report,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1608–1610, 1991.
- J. Benavides, A. Dubois, T. Dennis, E. Hamel, and B. Scatton, “Omega3 (peripheral type benzodiazepine binding) site distribution in the rat immune system: an autoradiographic study with the photoaffinity ligand [3H]PK 14105,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 249, no. 1, pp. 333–339, 1989.
- R. Skowronski, D. D. Fanestil, and K. Beaumont, “Photoaffinity labeling of peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptors in rat kidney mitochondria with [3H]PK 14105,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 148, no. 2, pp. 187–193, 1988.
- F. I. Braginskaya and O. M. Zorina, “Comparative study on the therapeutic ultrasound effects on erythrocyte membrane-bound and free acetylcholinesterase,” Radiation and Environmental Biophysics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 239–249, 1987.
- S. Umemura, N. Yumita, and R. Nishigaki, “Enhancement of ultrasonically induced cell damage by a gallium-porphyrin complex, ATX-70,” Japanese Journal of Cancer Research, vol. 84, no. 5, pp. 582–588, 1993.
- N. Yumita, R. Nishigaki, K. Umemura, and S. Umemura, “Synergistic effect of ultrasound and hematoporphyrin on sarcoma 180,” Japanese Journal of Cancer Research, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 304–308, 1990.
- P. Riesz and T. Kondo, “Free radical formation induced by ultrasound and its biological implications,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 247–270, 1992.
- S. Umemura, N. Yumita, R. Nishigaki, and K. Umemura, “Mechanism of cell damage by ultrasound in combination with hematoporphyrin,” Japanese Journal of Cancer Research, vol. 81, no. 9, pp. 962–966, 1990.
- F. I. Carroll, M. Abdur Rahman, A. Philip, A. H. Lewin, J. W. Boja, and M. J. Kuhar, “Synthesis and receptor binding of cocaine analogs,” NIDA Research Monograph Series, no. 105, pp. 147–153, 1990.
- M. S. Kleven, B. D. Perry, W. L. Woolverton, and L. S. Seiden, “Effects of repeated injections of cocaine on D1 and D2 dopamine receptors in rat brain,” Brain Research, vol. 532, no. 1-2, pp. 265–270, 1990.
- G. W. Price, R. G. Ahier, S. P. Hume et al., “In vivo binding to peripheral benzodiazepine binding sites in lesioned rat brain: comparison between [3H]PK11195 and [18F]PK14105 as markers for neuronal damage,” Journal of Neurochemistry, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 175–185, 1990.
- A. Doble, O. Ferris, and M. C. Burgevin, “Photoaffinity labeling of peripheral-type benzodiazepine-binding sites,” Molecular Pharmacology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 42–49, 1987.
- A. Zulian, J. Sileikyte, V. Petronilli, et al., “The translocator protein (peripheral benzodiazepine receptor) mediates rat-selective activation of the mitochondrial permeability transition by norbormide,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1807, no. 12, pp. 1600–1605, 2011.
- S. Murail, J. C. Robert, Y. M. Coic, et al., “Secondary and tertiary structures of the transmembrane domains of the translocator protein TSPO determined by NMR. Stabilization of the TSPO tertiary fold upon ligand binding,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1778, no. 6, pp. 1375–1381, 2008.