- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 508968, 13 pages
Effect of C/N Ratio and Media Optimization through Response Surface Methodology on Simultaneous Productions of Intra- and Extracellular Inulinase and Invertase from Aspergillus niger ATCC 20611
1Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia,
43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
3Department of Food Science, Faculty of Food Science and Technology, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
4Department of Bioprocess Technology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 24 May 2013; Revised 28 July 2013; Accepted 29 July 2013
Academic Editor: Subash C. B. Gopinath
Copyright © 2013 Mojdeh Dinarvand et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Dilipkumar, M. Rajasimman, and N. Rajamohan, “Optimization of inulinase production from garlic by Streptomyces sp. in solid state fermentation using statistical designs,” Biotechnology Research International, vol. 2011, no. 43, pp. 85–95, 2011.
- M. Songpim, P. Vaithanomsat, W. Vanichsriratana, and S. Sirisansaneeyakul, “Enhancement of inulinase and invertase production from a newly isolated Candida guilliermondii TISTR 5844,” Kasetsart Journal, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 675–685, 2011.
- R. J. Rouwenhorst, M. Hensing, J. Verbakel, W. A. Scheffers, and J. P. van Dijken, “Structure and properties of the extracellular inulinase of Kluyveromyces marxianus CBS 6556,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 3337–3345, 1990.
- B. Manohar and S. Divakar, “Applications of surface plots and statistical designs to selected lipase catalysed esterification reactions,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 847–853, 2004.
- D. C. Montgomery, Design and Analysis of Experiments, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 2004.
- D. Bas and I. H. Boyaci, “Modeling and optimization II: comparison of estimation capabilities of response surface methodology with artificial neural networks in a biochemical reaction,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 846–854, 2007.
- H. J. Pel, J. H. de Winde, D. B. Archer et al., “Genome sequencing and analysis of the versatile cell factory Aspergillus niger CBS 513.88,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 221–231, 2007.
- Z. S. Olempska-Beer, R. I. Merker, M. D. Ditto, and M. J. DiNovi, “Food-processing enzymes from recombinant microorganisms—a review,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 144–158, 2006.
- C. Goosen, Identification and characterization of glycoside hydrolase family 32 enzymes from Aspergillus niger [Ph.D. thesis], University of Groningen, Pretoria, South Africa, 2007.
- K. Naidoo, M. Ayyachamy, K. Permaul, and S. Singh, “Enhanced fructooligosaccharides and inulinase production by a Xanthomonas campestris pv. phaseoli KM 24 mutant,” Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 689–695, 2009.
- C. Neagu and G. Bahrim, “Inulinases—a versatile tool for biotechnology,” Innovative Romanian Food Biotechnology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2011.
- A. D. Sharma, P. K. Gill, S. S. Bhullar, and P. Singh, “Improvement in inulinase production by simultaneous action of physical and chemical mutagenesis in Penicillium purpurogenum,” World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 21, no. 6-7, pp. 929–932, 2005.
- M. Dinarvand, A. Arbakariya, H. Moeini et al., “Effect of extrinsic and intrinsic parameters on inulinase production by Aspergillus niger ATCC, 20611,” Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- M. Dinarvand, A. Arbakariya, H. Moeini, Z. Ajdari, S. S. Mousavi, and R. Nahavandi, “Optimization of medium composition and culture conditions for invertase production by Aspergillus niger ATCC, 20611,” Minerva Biotecnologica, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 135–140, 2012.
- S. C. Jong and M. J. Edwards, Catalogue of Filamentous Fungi, American Type Culture Collection, Bethesda, Md, USA, 1991.
- W. Chen, “Medium improvement for β-fructofuranosidase production by Aspergillus japonicus,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 267–271, 1998.
- W. Jing, J. Zhengyu, J. Bo, and A. Augustine, “Production and separation of exo- and endoinulinase from Aspergillus ficuum,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 5–11, 2003.
- C. M. de Souza-Motta, M. A. D. Cavalcanti, A. L. F. Porto, K. A. Moreira, and J. L. D. Filho, “Aspergillus niveus Blochwitz 4128URM: new source for inulinase production,” Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 343–350, 2005.
- T. Hill and P. Lewicki, Statistics Methods and Applications, StatSoft, Tulsa, Okla, USA, 2007.
- D. D. Song and N. A. Jacques, “Cell disruption of Escherichia coli by glass bead stirring for the recovery of recombinant proteins,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 248, no. 2, pp. 300–301, 1997.
- G. L. Miller, “Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 426–428, 1959.
- M. M. Bradford, “A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein dye binding,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 72, no. 1-2, pp. 248–254, 1976.
- M. Dubois, K. A. Gilles, J. K. Hamilton, P. A. Rebers, and F. Smith, “Colorimetric method for determination of sugars and related substances,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 350–356, 1956.
- C. V. G. López, M. C. García, F. G. A. Fernández, C. S. Bustos, Y. Chisti, and J. M. F. Sevilla, “Protein measurements of microalgal and cyanobacterial biomass,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 10, no. 19, pp. 7587–7591, 2010.
- I. Ikram-Ul-Haq, M. A. Baig, and S. Ali, “Effect of cultivation conditions on invertase production by hyperproducing Saccharomyces cerevisiae isolates,” World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 487–492, 2005.
- W. I. A. Saber and N. E. El-Naggar, “Optimization of fermentation conditions for the biosynthesis of inulinase by the new source; Aspergillus tamarii and hydrolysis of some inulin containing agro-wastes,” Biotechnology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 425–433, 2009.
- A. C. Flores-Gallegos, J. Morlett-Chávez, C. N. Aguilar, and R. Rodríguez-Herrera, “Inulinase production by a Mexican semi-desert xerophylic Penicillium citrinum strain under submerged culture,” Advance Journal of Food Science and Technology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 46–50, 2012.
- R. S. Singh and R. P. Singh, “Production of fructooligosaccharides from inulin by endoinulinases and their prebiotic potential,” Food Technology and Biotechnology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 435–450, 2010.
- N. Lertwattanasakul, N. Rodrussamee, Suprayogi et al., “Utilization capability of sucrose, raffinose and inulin and its less-sensitiveness to glucose repression in thermotolerant yeast Kluyveromyces marxianus DMKU 3-1042,” AMB Express, vol. 1, article 20, 2011.
- N. Kaur and A. D. Sharma, “Production, optimization and characterization of extracellular invertase by an actinomycete strain,” Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 515–519, 2005.
- M. Skowronek and J. Fiedurek, “Optimisation of inulinase production by Aspergillus niger using simplex and classical method,” Food Technology and Biotechnology, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 141–146, 2004.
- A. Ebrahimpour, R. N. Z. R. A. Rahman, N. H. A. Kamarudin, M. Basri, and A. B. Salleh, “Lipase production and growth modeling of a novel thermophilic bacterium: Aneurinibacillus thermoaerophilus strain AFNA,” Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 1–8, 2011.
- Z. Lin, J. Fernández-Robledo, M. F. M. Cellier, and G. R. Vasta, “Metals and membrane metal transporters in biological systems: the role(S) of nramp in host-parasite interactions,” Journal of the Argentine Chemical Society, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 210–225, 2009.
- M. Costas, F. J. Deive, and M. A. Longo, “Lipolytic activity in submerged cultures of Issatchenkia orientalis,” Process Biochemistry, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2109–2114, 2004.
- J. L. C. López, J. A. S. Pérez, J. M. F. Sevilla, F. G. A. Fernández, E. M. Grima, and Y. Chisti, “Production of lovastatin by Aspergillus terreus: effects of the C : N ratio and the principal nutrients on growth and metabolite production,” Enzyme and Microbial Technology, vol. 33, no. 2-3, pp. 270–277, 2003.
- A. Arbakariya and C. Webb, “Effect of initial carbon and nitrogen sources concentrations on growth of Aspergillus awamori and glucoamylase production,” Asia-Pacific Journal of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 161–169, 1998.
- N. Deshpande, M. R. Wilkins, N. Packer, and H. Nevalainen, “Protein glycosylation pathways in filamentous fungi,” Glycobiology, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 626–637, 2008.