- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 513708, 6 pages
Low-Dose-Area-Constrained Helical TomoTherapy-Based Whole Breast Radiotherapy and Dosimetric Comparison with Tangential Field-in-Field IMRT
Peking Union Medical College Hospital, No. 1 Shuaifuyuan, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100730, China
Received 15 June 2013; Accepted 11 July 2013
Academic Editor: An Liu
Copyright © 2013 Jie Qiu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Eifel, J. A. Axelson, J. Costa, et al., “National institutes of health consensus development conference statement: adjuvant therapy for breast cancer,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 93, no. 13, pp. 979–989, 2001.
- M. E. Taylor, C. A. Perez, K. J. Halverson, et al., “Factors influencing cosmetic results after conservation therapy for breast cancer,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 31, pp. 753–764, 1995.
- H. B. Ayata, M. Güden, C. Ceylan, N. Kücük, and K. Engin, “Comparison of dose distributions and organs at risk (OAR) doses in conventional tangential technique (CTT) and IMRT plans with different numbers of beam in left-sided breast cancer,” Reports of Practical Oncology and Radiotherapy, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 95–102, 2011.
- A. P. Forrest, H. J. Stewart, D. Everington et al., “Randomized controlled trial of conservation therapy for breast cancer: 6-year analysis of the Scottish trial,” The Lancet, vol. 348, no. 9029, pp. 708–713, 1996.
- S. Darby, P. McGale, C. Correa et al., “Effect of radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery on 10-year recurrence and 15-year breast cancer death: meta-analysis of individual patient data for 10 801 women in 17 randomised trials,” The Lancet, vol. 378, no. 9804, pp. 1707–1716, 2011.
- D. Landau, E. J. Adams, S. Webb, and G. Ross, “Cardiac avoidance in breast radiotherapy: a comparison of simple shielding techniques with intensity-modulated radiotherapy,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 247–255, 2001.
- L. Hong, M. Hunt, C. Chui et al., “Intensity-modulated tangential beam irradiation of the intact breast,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1155–1164, 1999.
- F. A. Vicini, M. Sharpe, L. Kestin, et al., “Optimizing breast cancer treatment efficacy with intensity-modulated radiotherapy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 54, pp. 1336–1344, 2002.
- B. C. Cho, M. Schwarz, B. J. Mijnheer, and H. Bartelink, “Simplified intensity-modulated radiotherapy using pre-defined segments to reduce cardiac complications in left-sided breast cancer,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 231–241, 2004.
- A. Berrington de Gonzalez, E. Gilbert, R. Curtis, et al., “Second solid cancers after radiation therapy: a systematic review of the epidemiologic studies of the radiation dose-response relationship,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 224–233, 2013.
- H. O'Donnell, K. Cooke, N. Walsh, and P. N. Plowman, “Early experience of tomotherapy-based intensity-modulated radiotherapy for breast cancer treatment,” Clinical Oncology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 294–301, 2009.
- L. B. Marks, S. M. Bentzen, J. O. Deasy et al., “Radiation dose-volume effects in the lung,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. S70–S76, 2010.
- Y. Seppenwolde, J. V. Lebesque, K. de Jaeger, et al., “Comparing different NTCP models that predict the incidence of radiation pneomonitis,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 55, pp. 724–735, 2003.
- S.-L. Wang, Z. Liao, A. A. Vaporciyan et al., “Investigation of clinical and dosimetric factors associated with postoperative pulmonary complications in esophageal cancer patients treated with concurrent chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 692–699, 2006.
- L. K. Schubert, V. Gondi, E. Sengbusch et al., “Dosimetric comparison of left-sided whole breast irradiation with 3DCRT, forward-planned IMRT, inverse-planned IMRT, helical tomotherapy, and topotherapy,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 241–246, 2011.
- T. Reynders, K. Tournel, P. De Coninck et al., “Dosimetric assessment of static and helical TomoTherapy in the clinical implementation of breast cancer treatments,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 71–79, 2009.
- S. C. Darby, M. Ewertz, P. McGale, et al., “Risk of ischemic heart disease in women after radiotherapy for breast cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 368, no. 11, pp. 987–998, 2013.
- Y. M. Kirova, Y. De Rycke, L. Gambotti, J. Y. Pierga, B. Asselain, and A. Fourquet, “Second malignancies after breast cancer: the impact of different treatment modalities,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 870–874, 2008.
- Y. M. Kirova, J. R. Vilcoq, B. Asselain, X. Sastre-Garau, and A. Fourquet, “Radiation-induced sarcomas after radiotherapy for breast carcinoma: a large-scale single-institution review,” Cancer, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 856–863, 2005.
- Y. M. Kirova, L. Gambotti, Y. De Rycke, J. R. Vilcoq, B. Asselain, and A. Fourquet, “Risk of second malignancies after adjuvant radiotherapy for breast cancer: a large-scale, single-institution review,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 359–363, 2007.
- M. Stovall, S. A. Smith, B. M. Langholz et al., “Dose to the contralateral breast from radiotherapy and risk of second primary breast cancer in the WECARE Study,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 1021–1030, 2008.
- A. Harsolia, L. Kestin, I. Grills et al., “Intensity—modulated radiotherapy results in significant decrease in clinical toxicities compared with conventional wedge-based breast radiotherapy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 1375–1380, 2007.
- J. P. Pignol, I. Olivotto, E. Rakovitch et al., “A multicenter randomized trial of breast intensity-modulated radiation therapy to reduce acute radiation dermatitis,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 26, no. 13, pp. 2085–2092, 2008.
- S. Krause, S. Beck, K. Schubert, et al., “Accelerated large volume irradiation with dynamic Jaw/Dynamic Couch Helical Tomotherapy,” Radiation Oncology, vol. 7, article 191, 2012.