- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 514349, 2 pages
Tumor Growth Limiting Effects of Piceatannol
74 Crossing Place, Mechanicsville, VA 23221, USA
Received 25 December 2012; Accepted 9 January 2013
Copyright © 2013 Shailendra Kapoor. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Kita, Y. Miura, and K. Yagasaki, “Antiproliferative and anti-invasive effect of piceatannol, a polyphenol present in grapes and wine, against hepatoma AH109A cells,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, Article ID 672416, 7 pages, 2012.
- T. C. Hsieh, C. Y. Lin, H. Y. Lin, and J. M. Wu, “AKT/mTOR as novel targets of polyphenol piceatannol possibly contributing to inhibition of proliferation of cultured prostate cancer cells,” ISRN Urology, vol. 2012, Article ID 272697, 8 pages, 2012.
- E. J. Kim, H. Park, S. Y. Park, J. G. Jun, and J. H. Y. Park, “The grape component piceatannol induces apoptosis in du145 human prostate cancer cells via the activation of extrinsic and intrinsic pathways,” Journal of Medicinal Food, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 943–951, 2009.
- Y. M. Lee, D. Y. Lim, H. J. Cho et al., “Piceatannol, a natural stilbene from grapes, induces G1 cell cycle arrest in androgen-insensitive DU145 human prostate cancer cells via the inhibition of CDK activity,” Cancer Letters, vol. 285, no. 2, pp. 166–173, 2009.
- G. T. Kwon, J. I. Jung, H. R. Song et al., “Piceatannol inhibits migration and invasion of prostate cancer cells: possible mediation by decreased interleukin-6 signaling,” Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, no. 3, pp. 228–238, 2012.
- H. S. Ko, H. J. Lee, S. H. Kim, and E. O. Lee, “Piceatannol suppresses breast cancer cell invasion through the inhibition of MMP-9: involvement of PI3K/AKT and NF-kappaB pathways,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 60, pp. 4083–4089, 2012.
- F. Wolter, A. Clausnitzer, B. Akoglu, and J. Stein, “Piceatannol, a natural analog of resveratrol, inhibits progression through the s phase of the cell cycle in colorectal cancer cell lines,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 132, no. 2, pp. 298–302, 2002.