- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 519126, 9 pages
The Effect of Conditioned Media of Adipose-Derived Stem Cells on Wound Healing after Ablative Fractional Carbon Dioxide Laser Resurfacing
1Department of Dermatology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
2Nanjing Regenerative Medicine Engineering and Technology Research Center, Nanjing 210029, China
Received 15 June 2013; Revised 19 October 2013; Accepted 23 October 2013
Academic Editor: Maxim E. Darvin
Copyright © 2013 Bing-Rong Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Manstein, G. S. Herron, R. K. Sink, H. Tanner, and R. R. Anderson, “Fractional photothermolysis: a new concept for cutaneous remodeling using microscopic patterns of thermal injury,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 426–438, 2004.
- B. H. Oh, Y. J. Hwang, Y. W. Lee, Y. B. Choe, and K. J. Ahn, “Skin characteristics after fractional photothermolysis,” Annals of Dermatology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 448–454, 2011.
- A. I. Metelitsa and T. S. Alster, “Fractionated laser skin resurfacing treatment complications: a review,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 299–306, 2010.
- E. P. Tierney and C. W. Hanke, “Treatment of CO2 laser induced hypopigmentation with ablative fractionated laser resurfacing: case report and review of the literature,” Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 1420–1426, 2010.
- D. Š. Buzina, J. Lipozenčić, Z. B. Mokos, R. Čeović, and K. Kostović, “Ablative laser resurfacing: is it still the gold standard for facial rejuvenation?” Acta Dermatovenerologica Croatica, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 190–194, 2010.
- N. Saedi, H. R. Jalian, A. Petelin, and C. Zachary, “Fractionation: past, present, future,” Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 105–109, 2012.
- C. M. Hunzeker, E. T. Weiss, and R. G. Geronemus, “Fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing: our experience with more than 2000 treatments,” Aesthetic Surgery Journal, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 317–322, 2009.
- W.-S. Kim, B.-S. Park, J.-H. Sung et al., “Wound healing effect of adipose-derived stem cells: a critical role of secretory factors on human dermal fibroblasts,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 15–24, 2007.
- B.-S. Park, W.-S. Kim, J.-S. Choi et al., “Hair growth stimulated by conditioned medium of adipose-derived stem cells is enhanced by hypoxia: evidence of increased growth factor secretion,” Biomedical Research, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 27–34, 2010.
- W.-S. Kim, B.-S. Park, H.-K. Kim et al., “Evidence supporting antioxidant action of adipose-derived stem cells: protection of human dermal fibroblasts from oxidative stress,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 133–142, 2008.
- A. M. Altman, Y. Yan, N. Matthias et al., “IFATS collection: human adipose-derived stem cells seeded on a silk fibroin-chitosan scaffold enhance wound repair in a murine soft tissue injury model,” Stem Cells, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 250–258, 2009.
- M. Nambu, S. Kishimoto, S. Nakamura et al., “Accelerated wound healing in healing-impaired db/db mice by autologous adipose tissue-derived stromal cells combined with atelocollagen matrix,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 317–321, 2009.
- J. S. Lim and G. Yoo, “Effects of adipose-derived stromal cells and of their extract on wound healing in a mouse model,” Journal of Korean Medical Science, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 746–751, 2010.
- S. S. Collawn, N. Sanjib Banerjee, J. de la Torre, L. Vasconez, and L. T. Chow, “Adipose-derived stromal cells accelerate wound healing in an organotypic raft culture model,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 501–504, 2012.
- W.-S. Kim, B.-S. Park, and J.-H. Sung, “The wound-healing and antioxidant effects of adipose-derived stem cells,” Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 879–887, 2009.
- S.-H. Song, M.-O. Lee, J.-S. Lee et al., “Genetic modification of human adipose-derived stem cells for promoting wound healing,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 98–107, 2012.
- B.-S. Park, K. A. Jang, J.-H. Sung et al., “Adipose-derived stem cells and their secretory factors as a promising therapy for skin aging,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1323–1326, 2008.
- E. Y. Lee, Y. Xia, W.-S. Kim et al., “Hypoxia-enhanced wound-healing function of adipose-derived stem cells: increase in stem cell proliferation and up-regulation of VEGF and bFGF,” Wound Repair and Regeneration, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 540–547, 2009.
- N. Akhtar, S. U. Zaman, B. A. Khan, M. N. Amir, and M. A. Ebrahimzadeh, “Calendula extract: effects on mechanical parameters of human skin,” Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 693–701, 2011.
- J. Huang, S. Wang, C. Wei et al., “In vivo differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells in an injectable poloxamer-octapeptide hybrid hydrogel,” Tissue and Cell, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 344–349, 2011.
- M. Konno, A. Hamabe, S. Hasegawa et al., “Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells and regenerative medicine,” Development, Growth & Differentiation, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 309–318, 2013.
- P. Gir, G. Oni, S. A. Brown, A. Mojallal, and R. J. Rohrich, “Human adipose stem cells: current clinical applications,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 129, no. 6, pp. 1277–1290, 2012.
- J. P. Steinberg, S. J. Hong, M. R. Geringer, R. D. Galiano, and T. A. Mustoe, “Equivalent effects of topically-delivered adipose-derived stem cells and dermal fibroblasts in the ischemic rabbit ear model for chronic wounds,” Aesthetic Surgery Journal, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 504–519, 2012.
- W.-S. Kim, B.-S. Park, and J.-H. Sung, “Protective role of adipose-derived stem cells and their soluble factors in photoaging,” Archives of Dermatological Research, vol. 301, no. 5, pp. 329–336, 2009.
- W.-S. Kim, B.-S. Park, S.-H. Park, H.-K. Kim, and J.-H. Sung, “Antiwrinkle effect of adipose-derived stem cell: activation of dermal fibroblast by secretory factors,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 96–102, 2009.
- S. Liu, H. Zhang, X. Zhang et al., “Synergistic angiogenesis promoting effects of extracellular matrix scaffolds and adipose-derived stem cells during wound repair,” Tissue Engineering A, vol. 17, no. 5-6, pp. 725–739, 2011.
- D. Yang, W. Wang, L. Li et al., “The relative contribution of paracine effect versus direct differentiation on adipose-derived stem cell transplantation mediated cardiac repair,” PLoS One, vol. 8, no. 3, Article ID e59020, 2013.
- W.-S. Kim, S.-H. Park, S.-J. Ahn et al., “Whitening effect of adipose-derived stem cells: a critical role of TGF-β1,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 606–610, 2008.
- H. Chang, J. H. Park, K. H. Min, R. S. Lee, and E. K. Kim, “Whitening effects of adipose-derived stem cells: a preliminary in vivo study,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. In press.
- K. M. Moon, Y.-H. Park, J. S. Lee et al., “The effect of secretory factors of adipose-derived stem cells on human keratinocytes,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1239–1257, 2012.
- J.-H. Kim, M. Jung, H.-S. Kim, Y.-M. Kim, and E.-H. Choi, “Adipose-derived stem cells as a new therapeutic modality for ageing skin,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 383–387, 2011.
- G. Oni, C. Lequeux, M. J. Cho et al., “Transdermal delivery of adipocyte-derived stem cells using a fractional ablative laser,” Aesthetic Surgery Journal, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 109–116, 2013.
- H. C. Jin, Y. S. Jin, R. C. Hai et al., “Modulation of skin collagen metabolism in aged and photoaged human skin in vivo,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 117, no. 5, pp. 1218–1224, 2001.