- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 526512, 8 pages
Magnetic Retraction of Bowel by Intraluminal Injectable Cyanoacrylate-Based Magnetic Glue
1Institute for Medical Science and Technology (IMSaT), Wilson House, University of Dundee, Dundee DD2 1FD, UK
2School of Physics and Astronomy, University of St Andrews, St Andrews KY16 9SS, UK
3School of Chemistry, University of St Andrews, St Andrews KY16 9ST, UK
Received 14 August 2013; Accepted 1 October 2013
Academic Editor: Elena Landi
Copyright © 2013 Zhigang Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. A. M. Heijnsdijk, H. de Visser, J. Dankelman, and D. J. Gouma, “Slip and damage properties of jaws of laparoscopic graspers,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 974–979, 2004.
- E. A. M. Heijnsdijk, J. Dankelman, and D. J. Gouma, “Effectiveness of grasping and duration of clamping using laparoscopic graspers,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1329–1331, 2002.
- P.-O. Park, M. Bergström, K. Ikeda, A. Fritscher-Ravens, and P. Swain, “Experimental studies of transgastric gallbladder surgery: cholecystectomy and cholecystogastric anastomosis (videos),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 601–606, 2005.
- M. Ryou and C. C. Thompson, “Magnetic retraction in natural-orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES): addressing the problem of traction and countertraction,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 143–148, 2009.
- Q. A. Pankhurst, J. Connolly, S. K. Jones, and J. Dobson, “Applications of magnetic nanoparticles in biomedicine,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. R167–R181, 2003.
- R. A. Frimpong and J. Z. Hilt, “Magnetic nanoparticles in biomedicine: synthesis, functionalization and applications,” Nanomedicine, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 1401–1414, 2010.
- Z. Wang, L. Wang, B. Tang, T. Frank, S. Brown, and A. Cuschieri, “Retraction by surface ferromagnetisation of target tissues: preliminary studies on feasibility of magnetic retraction for endoscopic surgery,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 1838–1844, 2008.
- Z. Wang, L. Wang, S. I. Brown, T. G. Frank, and A. Cuschieri, “Ferromagnetization of target tissues by interstitial injection of ferrofluid: formulation and evidence of efficacy for magnetic retraction,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2244–2252, 2009.
- G. G. M. Pinkse, E. Steenvoorde, S. Hogendoorn et al., “Stable transplantation results of magnetically retracted islets: a novel method,” Diabetologia, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 55–61, 2004.
- D. C. Meeker, E. H. Maslen, R. C. Ritter, and F. M. Creighton, “Optimal realization of arbitrary forces in a magnetic stereotaxis system,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 320–328, 1996.
- S. Martel, J.-B. Mathieu, O. Felfoul et al., “Automatic navigation of an untethered device in the artery of a living animal using a conventional clinical magnetic resonance imaging system,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 11, Article ID 114105, 2007.
- J. Cadeddu, R. Fernandez, M. Desai et al., “Novel magnetically guided intra-abdominal camera to facilitate laparoendoscopic single-site surgery: initial human experience,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1894–1899, 2009.
- M. T. Gettman and P. Swain, “Initial experimental evaluation of wireless capsule endoscopes in the bladder: implications for capsule cystoscopy,” European Urology, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 1207–1212, 2009.
- T. Uchiyama, K. Mohri, M. Shinkai et al., “Position sensing of magnetite gel using MI sensor for brain tumor detection,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 4266–4268, 1997.
- J. M. Peeters, J.-H. Seppenwoolde, L. W. Bartels, and C. J. G. Bakker, “Development and testing of passive tracking markers for different field strengths and tracking speeds,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. N127–N137, 2006.
- T. Ohdaira and H. Nagai, “Intraoperative localization of early-stage upper gastrointestinal tumors using a magnetic marking clip-detecting system,” Surgical Endoscopy and other Interventional Techniques, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 810–815, 2007.
- D. Erdmann, R. Sweis, C. Heitmann et al., “Side-to-side sutureless vascular anastomosis with magnets,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 505–511, 2004.
- N. Muraoka, H. Uematsu, E. Yamanouchi et al., “Yamanouchi magnetic compression anastomosis for bilioenteric anastomotic stricture after living-donor liver transplantation,” Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1263–1267, 2005.
- A. J. Singer, T. Zimmerman, J. Rooney, P. Cameau, G. Rudomen, and S. A. McClain, “Comparison of wound-bursting strengths and surface characteristics of FDA-approved tissue adhesives for skin closure,” Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 19–27, 2004.
- M. A. Astrahan, M. D. Sapozink, D. Cohen et al., “Microwave applicator for transurethral hyperthermia of benign prostatic hyperplasia,” International Journal of Hyperthermia, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 283–296, 1989.
- H. Chen, M. D. Kaminski, A. D. Ebner, J. A. Ritter, and A. J. Rosengart, “Magnetizable intravascular stents for sequestration of systemically circulating magnetic nano- and microspheres,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE/EMBS Special Topic Conference on Microtechnology in Medicine and Biology, pp. 286–289, May 2005.
- H. Chen, A. D. Ebner, D. Bockenfeld et al., “A comprehensive in vitro investigation of a portable magnetic separator device for human blood detoxification,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 52, no. 19, pp. 6053–6072, 2007.
- C. Eouani, P. Piccerelle, P. Prinderre, E. Bourret, and J. Joachim, “In-vitro comparative study of buccal mucoadhesive performance of different polymeric films,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 45–55, 2001.
- Pharmacokinetics, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1982, edited by M. Gibaldi and M. Perrier.
- J. A. Cartmill, A. J. Shakeshaft, W. R. Walsht, and C. J. Martin, “High pressures are generated at the tip of laparoscopic graspers,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 127–130, 1999.
- M. Mikhaylova, D. K. Kim, N. Bobrysheva et al., “Superparamagnetism of magnetite nanoparticles: dependence on surface modification,” Langmuir, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 2472–2477, 2004.
- C. d. Montferrand, Y. Lalatonne, D. Bonnin et al., “Size-dependent nonlinear weak-field magnetic behavior of maghemite nanoparticles,” Small, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 1945–1956, 2012.
- U. Jeong, X. Teng, Y. Wang, H. Yang, and Y. Xia, “Superparamagnetic colloids: controlled synthesis and niche applications,” Advanced Materials, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 33–60, 2007.
- G. A. O. Jinhao, G. U. Hongwei, and X. U. Bing, “Multifunctional magnetic nanoparticles: design, synthesis, and biomedical applications,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 1097–1107, 2009.
- M. Oudkerk, A. G. van den Heuvel, P. A. Wielopolski, P. I. M. Schmitz, I. H. M. Borel Rinkes, and T. Wiggers, “Hepatic lesions: detection with ferumoxide-enhanced T1-weighted MR imaging,” Radiology, vol. 203, no. 2, pp. 449–456, 1997.
- R. C. Semelka and T. K. G. Helmberger, “State of the art: contrast agents for mr imaging of the liver,” Radiology, vol. 218, no. 1, pp. 27–38, 2001.
- S. Chen, C. Hoskins, L. Wang, M. P. MacDonald, and P. André, “A water-soluble temperature nanoprobe based on a multimodal magnetic-luminescent nanocolloid,” Chemical Communications, vol. 48, no. 19, pp. 2501–2503, 2012.
- S. Chen, L. Wang, S. L. Duce et al., “Engineered biocompatible nanoparticles for in vivo imaging applications,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 132, no. 42, pp. 15022–15029, 2010.
- L. Motte, F. Benyettou, C. de Beaucorps, M. Lecouvey, I. Milesovic, and Y. Lalatonne, “Multimodal superparamagnetic nanoplatform for clinical applications: immunoassays, imaging & therapy,” Faraday Discussions, vol. 149, pp. 211–225, 2011.