- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 527534, 7 pages
Expression of Multidrug Resistance-Associated Protein 2 in Human Gallbladder Carcinoma
1Department of Experimental Analysis, Aerospace Medical Center, Republic of Korea Air Force, P.O. Box 335-21, 635 Danjae-ro, Namil-myeon, Cheongwon-gun, Chungcheongbuk-do 363-849, Republic of Korea
2Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 26 Kyunghee-daero, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea
3Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 26 Kyunghee-daero, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 130-701, Republic of Korea
Received 20 March 2013; Accepted 3 June 2013
Academic Editor: Hanlin L. Wang
Copyright © 2013 Hyun-Soo Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, R. Siegel, E. Ward, T. Murray, J. Xu, and M. J. Thun, “Cancer statistics, 2007,” Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 43–66, 2007.
- K. W. Jung, S. Park, H. J. Kong et al., “Cancer statistics in Korea: incidence, mortality, survival, and prevalence in 2008,” Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2011.
- W. P. Daines, V. Rajagopalan, M. L. Grossbard, and P. Kozuch, “Gallbladder and biliary tract carcinoma: a comprehensive update, part 2,” Oncology, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1049–1059, 2004.
- Z. S. Chen and A. K. Tiwari, “Multidrug resistance proteins (MRPs/ABCCs) in cancer chemotherapy and genetic diseases,” FEBS Journal, vol. 278, no. 18, pp. 3226–3245, 2011.
- M. J. Flens, G. J. R. Zaman, P. Van Der Valk et al., “Tissue distribution of the multidrug resistance protein,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 148, no. 4, pp. 1237–1247, 1996.
- C. C. Paulusma, M. Kool, P. J. Bosma et al., “A mutation in the human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter gene causes the Dubin-Johnson syndrome,” Hepatology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1539–1542, 1997.
- G. Jedlitschky, I. Leier, U. Buchholz, J. Hummel-Eisenbeiss, B. Burchell, and D. Keppler, “ATP-dependent transport of bilirubin glucuronides by the multidrug resistance protein MRP1 and its hepatocyte canalicular isoform MRP2,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 327, no. 1, pp. 305–310, 1997.
- R. Mayer, J. Kartenbeck, M. Büchler, G. Jedlitschky, I. Leier, and D. Keppler, “Expression of the MRP gene-encoded conjugate export pump in liver and its selective absence from the canalicular membrane in transport-deficient mutant hepatocytes,” The Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 137–150, 1995.
- N. J. Cherrington, D. P. Hartley, N. Li, D. R. Johnson, and C. D. Klaassen, “Organ distribution of multidrug resistance proteins 1, 2, and 3 (Mrp1, 2, and 3) mRNA and hepatic induction of Mrp3 by constitutive androstane receptor activators in rats,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 300, no. 1, pp. 97–104, 2002.
- T. P. Schaub, J. Kartenbeck, J. König et al., “Expression of the conjugate export pump encoded by the mrp2 gene in the apical membrane of kidney proximal tubules,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. 1213–1221, 1997.
- S. Rau, F. Autschbach, H. D. Riedel et al., “Expression of the multidrug resistance proteins MRP2 and MRP3 in human cholangiocellular carcinomas,” European Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 134–142, 2008.
- F. Narasaki, M. Oka, R. Nakano et al., “Human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) is expressed in human lung, gastric, and colorectal cancer cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 240, no. 3, pp. 606–611, 1997.
- M. Kool, M. De Haas, G. L. Scheffer et al., “Analysis of expression of cMOAT (MRP2), MRP3, MRP4, and MRP5, homologues of the multidrug resistance-associated protein gene (MRP1), in human cancer cell lines,” Cancer Research, vol. 57, no. 16, pp. 3537–3547, 1997.
- K. Taniguchi, M. Wada, K. Kohno et al., “A human canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter (cMOAT) gene is overexpressed in cisplatin-resistant human cancer cell lines with decreased drug accumulation,” Cancer Research, vol. 56, no. 18, pp. 4124–4129, 1996.
- G. E. Sandusky, K. S. Mintze, S. E. Pratt, and A. H. Dantzig, “Expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2) in normal human tissues and carcinomas using tissue microarrays,” Histopathology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2002.
- D. M. Van Der Kolk, E. G. E. De Vries, J. A. Koning, E. Van Den Berg, M. Müller, and E. Vellenga, “Activity and expression of the multidrug resistance proteins MRP1 and MRP2 in acute myeloid leukemia cells, tumor cell lines, and normal hematopoietic CD34+ peripheral blood cells,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 1727–1736, 1998.
- P. V. Korita, T. Wakai, Y. Shirai et al., “Multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 determines the efficacy of cisplatin in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma,” Oncology Reports, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 965–972, 2010.
- S. B. Edge, D. R. Byrd, C. C. Compton, A. G. Fritz, F. L. Greene, and A. Trotti, AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- Y. H. Kim, G. Ishii, K. Goto et al., “Expression of breast cancer resistance protein is associated with a poor clinical outcome in patients with small-cell lung cancer,” Lung Cancer, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 105–111, 2009.
- J. König, M. Hartel, A. T. Nies et al., “Expression and localization of human multidrug resistance protein (ABCC) family members in pancreatic carcinoma,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 115, no. 3, pp. 359–367, 2005.
- A. T. Nies, J. König, M. Pfannschmidt, E. Klar, W. J. Hofmann, and D. Keppler, “Expression of the multidrug resistance proteins MRP2 and MRP3 in human hepatocellular carcinoma,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 94, no. 4, pp. 492–499, 2001.
- B. Noma, T. Sasaki, Y. Fujimoto et al., “Expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 is involved in chemotherapy resistance in human pancreatic cancer,” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1187–1194, 2008.
- T. P. Schaub, J. Kartenbeck, J. König et al., “Expression of the MRP2 gene-encoded conjugate export pump in human kidney proximal tubules and in renal cell carcinoma,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1159–1169, 1999.
- P. Surowiak, V. Materna, I. Kaplenko et al., “ABCC2 (MRP2, cMOAT) can be localized in the nuclear membrane of ovarian carcinomas and correlates with resistance to cisplatin and clinical outcome,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 12, no. 23, pp. 7149–7158, 2006.
- M. Yamasaki, T. Makino, T. Masuzawa et al., “Role of multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2) in chemoresistance and clinical outcome in oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 104, no. 4, pp. 707–713, 2011.